Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 01, 2019, 06:44:44 PM

Author
Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci (Read 41,845 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

damn right! :D

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 25, 2021, 05:05:03 PM
I find it ironic that his upcoming Kitbag will be produced by Apple.

I love it how Ridley (who uses an iPhone himself) recently dissed the company that is forking out over a 100 million bucks for his next movie.

Quote from: Ridley ScottToday, I think $400 million is still a heckuva lot of money, but when you look at Jeff Bezos, or Apple, these are two and a half trillion dollar companies. So, it's gone grotesque; it makes no sense whatsoever. They can't measure their genius by that amount of money. It doesn't make sense, right? They found a window with a genius item [holds up his cell phone] and I think the f**ker who made this has f**ked up probably this entire millennium new generation. So, with this, you think you're a f**king genius, right? If I asked a 20-year-old, what's 12 times 12, they can't tell me. They have to get onto the f**king calculator mode on this thing. Maybe this is simplistic, but I am very concerned about the next generation.

Local Trouble

KiramidHead

I liked this, but didn't love it. Leto was fun.

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 25, 2021, 04:18:11 PM
NA knows more about films than most professional critics. Not to mention that he actually does editing. I'll take his word over theirs in this case.

Now I'm interested, could you elaborate on that ?

Ridlazz921

Loved the film!
Was damn good.

And i think i was probably the only one laughing at the ending. Like the moment the movie decides to cut to black, idk i thought it was a bit ballsy actually.
Loved the performances, this is a character film for sure.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Just came back from the cinema with my mother who isn't moviegoer. It was packed. I was very sceptic reading about critics complaining about pacing, writing and movie being boring and not engaging, not to mention silly things like inaccurate accents (Who cares? tell that to people who don't speak English like my mother and to the audience who watch dubbed movies. Accent is irrelevant to the story anyway). 61% on RT is a f**king joke. Are they for real? I lost faith in humanity, seriously. My mother really enjoyed it. It's one of Scott's best post-Gladiator movies ever! As good as Kingdom of Heaven, American Gangster and The Martian. It's utterly phenomenal. Scott takes his time but the movie benefits from it. Highly recommend.

9/10

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 27, 2021, 08:02:56 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 25, 2021, 04:18:11 PM
NA knows more about films than most professional critics. Not to mention that he actually does editing. I'll take his word over theirs in this case.

Now I'm interested, could you elaborate on that ?
NA is an editor.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 27, 2021, 09:21:05 PM
It was packed.

The showing I wanted to go to was sold out, so I'll have to try again another day. This is in stark contrast to The Last Duel that had like 3 people in the entire cinema.

How was Leto? I have concerns...

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Nov 25, 2021, 08:53:46 AM
I wonder when the HGW Soundtrack will be out.

Apparently only on 25 February next year for some reason.

Here's the list of licensed songs in the film:

Licensed songs YouTube list:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgbEfJgMInlmopL_EY_5vcN_2nSA2uZzq

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 28, 2021, 03:45:16 PM
How was Leto? I have concerns...

I don't know why some critics (including Mark Kermode) hated his performance. It fitted nicely into the tone of the movie. He's comedy relief for sure.

KiramidHead

If anything, Leto was my favorite part. :laugh:

KiramidHead

I love what an absolute madman he is.

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed