Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 01, 2019, 06:44:44 PM

Author
Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci (Read 42,525 times)

Ingwar

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ridley Scott is the king of product placement. I mean just look at Blade Runner.

And he's done a 1000, 000, 000 commercials.

Ingwar

... and invented selfie.

Ingwar

Yes, thanks to KiramidHead, and I enjoyed it. Better than All the Money in the World but it's the same subject: greed. It's got some humorous elements. I laughed few times. It's basically story of the marriage of Patrizia Reggiani and Maurizio Gucci. Gucci family was f**ked up.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I might check out the book later.

During which time period is this set?

Ingwar

70s, 80s and 90s. They married in 1973 and Gucci was killed in 1995.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Jared Leto will play "Paolo Gucci", grandson of Maurizio Gucci (Adam Driver). I assume both Driver and Leto will get some serious make-up because Leto is actually 12 years older than Driver.  :laugh:

QuoteJared Leto is confirmed to play "Paolo Gucci, grandson of the legendary Italian designer in Ridley Scott's tentatively titled "Gucci"alongside Adam Driver (Maurizio Gucci), Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons (Rodolfo Gucci) & Lady Gaga (Patrizia Reggiani)

https://twitter.com/AdamDriverFiles/status/1354808204052426755

Quote#JaredLeto confirms he will play Paolo Gucci alongside Adam Driver in #GucciMovie. Leto describes Paolo as "kind of a frustrated designer who feels underappreciated."

https://twitter.com/CreativLicense_/status/1354786677064085505

Ingwar

Ingwar

Paulo wasn't Maurizio's grandson. He was his cousin. Maurizio (Driver) was Rodolfo's son and Paulo (Leto) was Aldo's son. Rodolfo and Aldo were brothers. But yes, both Maurizio and Paulo were grandsons of the legendary Italian designer Guccio Gucci.

PS While reading the script I simply knew that Leto would play Paulo. I guess that Pacino and Irons will portray siblings Aldo and Rodolfo.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought they were referring to Maurizio as "the legendary Italian designer". For a moment I thought Riddles was on another asymmetric-age-casting-spree.  :laugh:

Yeah, they say Irons will play Rodolfo and Irons is old enough to be Driver's father.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 28, 2021, 05:42:46 PM
Yeah, they say Irons will play Rodolfo.

Makes perfect sense as Aldo is flamboyant and funny which suits Pacino. Irons is stark and serious as Rodolfo. Of course both siblings could be portrayed by both actors in any configuration but this choice is more "obvious" if you know what I mean.

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteLeto said he is getting ready to film Ridley Scott's "Gucci," which is currently set for a November release. Based on Sara Gay Forden's book "The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed," the film will explore the story around Maurizio Gucci's assassination that took place on the steps of his office in Italy in 1995.

"We haven't started shooting yet, so we're just in the preparation phase," Leto said. "I think we start in about 40-something days in Italy, so yep, exciting and interesting. Ridley Scott's one of my favorite directors, and Al Pacino plays my dad. So it's another fun one."

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/jared-leto-surprise-golden-globes-nomination-gucci-zack-snyder-1234899924/

And I was right. Pacino plays Aldo, Paulo's (Leto) father.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So filming will start sometime in mid-March then.

So Paulo Gucci (Leto) was/is Aldo Gucci's (Pacino) son?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 04, 2021, 04:54:55 PM
So Paulo Gucci (Leto) was/is Aldo Gucci's (Pacino) son?

Yeah. It seems like Irons plays Rodolfo, Maurizio's father (Driver).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed