Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 301,478 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

*Bites bottom lip, lets out a big smile, and scrunches face*

Huol

Huol

Godammit I can't stand Rita.

Shasvre

Shasvre

She was okay in the first season, but then became a real pain in the ass in the second and third. Didn't mind her much in the fourth season though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I want to watch Dexter. Could I just jump right into it, or should I start from the beginning?

Shasvre

Shasvre

You should really start from the beginning, because there's plenty of stuff going around. The whole season five probably won't make much sense if you haven't watched season four.

Besides, the first four seasons are too good to miss. ;)

Crayola Ola

Crayola Ola

Thundercats are on the move Thundercats are loose...
Feel the magic, hear the roar, Thundercats are loose...
Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats!

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 16, 2010, 08:30:42 PM
I want to watch Dexter. Could I just jump right into it, or should I start from the beginning?

I'd suggest jumping in about halfway through the first season. Nothing goes on in the first few episodes that you can't easily catch up with, and the show becomes a lot better when it gets stuck into the meat of the season's central plot.
You shouldn't have a hard time picking up the show by starting at any subsequent season opener, but you'd be subjected to major spoilers of earlier seasons, so I strongly suggest starting from the first. Dexter isn't a procedural drama, storylines and character development are progressed in the long-term.

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 05, 2010, 11:06:25 PM
Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 05, 2010, 09:17:56 PM
At the moment I'm watching:
The X-Files (Season 2)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Season 3)

''Duane Barry'' (S2, E5) is the scariest episode of the x-files I've ever seen, I watched alone last night with the lights off... not a good idea lol! Brilliant episode though.

Deep Space Nine Season 3 is good so far, every episode is a strong one. Usually with Star Trek it's hit-and-miss, but I've been entertained all the way through so far.

Never liked DS9...too dark and pessimistic for my liking. It's not ST as it should be.

It's true, the atmosphere is very different. However, I still prefer it to Voyager and Enterprise, probably because the characters are infinitely more interesting. Moved on to Season 4 now, the episode 'The Visitor' is the best piece of television I've seen in years.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 17, 2010, 10:07:57 AMI'd suggest jumping in about halfway through the first season. Nothing goes on in the first few episodes that you can't easily catch up with, and the show becomes a lot better when it gets stuck into the meat of the season's central plot.

Seems like waste though. The first episodes are just as good as the rest of the season, not to mention that's where the characters are introduced to the audience. Sure, he might save himself a couple of hours if he don't watch them, but it seems kinda pointless. :-\

Huol

Huol

Nothing happens in the first few episodes?

How about getting introduced to all the characters so you know what the hell is going on?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Huol on Aug 17, 2010, 03:15:45 PM
Nothing happens in the first few episodes?

How about getting introduced to all the characters so you know what the hell is going on?

Like I said, it's very easy to catch up. You don't need to be hand-held through an introduction process to Dexter so long as you don't miss any important narrative. And there's very little of that in the first few episodes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 17, 2010, 03:04:53 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 05, 2010, 11:06:25 PM
Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 05, 2010, 09:17:56 PM
At the moment I'm watching:
The X-Files (Season 2)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Season 3)

''Duane Barry'' (S2, E5) is the scariest episode of the x-files I've ever seen, I watched alone last night with the lights off... not a good idea lol! Brilliant episode though.

Deep Space Nine Season 3 is good so far, every episode is a strong one. Usually with Star Trek it's hit-and-miss, but I've been entertained all the way through so far.

Never liked DS9...too dark and pessimistic for my liking. It's not ST as it should be.

It's true, the atmosphere is very different. However, I still prefer it to Voyager and Enterprise, probably because the characters are infinitely more interesting. Moved on to Season 4 now, the episode 'The Visitor' is the best piece of television I've seen in years.

Preferring it to Enterprise is no surprise since Enterprise sucked balls. But Voyager was awesome. I liked the setting of the Delta Quadrant because it explored new ideas and alien races so viewers didn't know what to expect.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 18, 2010, 12:12:12 AMLike I said, it's very easy to catch up. You don't need to be hand-held through an introduction process to Dexter so long as you don't miss any important narrative. And there's very little of that in the first few episodes.

Question is, why would anyone with a interest in watching Dexter wanna miss those episodes. It's not the same to watch the story through a couple of flashbacks, even if you get the general idea of what's going on. :-\

You don't need to watch any episodes at all, you could read a summary of the story on Wikipedia. But where's the fun in that.

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

Setting it in the Delta Quadrant was a solid idea. I just didn't like any of the characters besides Tuvok and the Doctor. The rest seemed kind of dull in comparison, especially Chakotay and Harry Kim. B'Elanna annoyed the crap out of me. Tom Paris and Janeway had their moments, but I never really connected with either of them. Nelix... well, he's just Nelix isn't he. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Janeway was awesome. She was a hardcore female captain and hot to boot ;D and we can't forget Seven of Nine!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed