Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 302,174 times)

Keg

Keg

What? Youve got to check Slither out this instant. Its exactly the same type of film. Comedy horror in the same sort of tongue in cheek style as Tremors. Somebody involved in production must have been a Tremors fan because theres several neat little nods to it. You'll spot them all easily being such a fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j-y6B7UpQM

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Slither interested me but every time I got my hands onto the DvD I had a weird feel and put it back. :-\

Keg

Keg

Its got some ropey effects in some scenes (hell Tremors is full of them) but I love it. It feels like it was made in the 80's or early 90's. Theyve definately gone for that deliberately. I love it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Now that I rewatch the trailer... Alien is for sissies? WHATTT??? :D

Keg

Keg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha

Edit: Watched Slither last night for the first time in a while. Its a real grower. Gets better every time and you pick up on little jokes and nuances the way you do when watching Tremors over and over.

Mayor MacReady has the best lines by far. Cracks me up. The whole film is full of awesome one liners though.

MacReady: They're still alive
Margaret: Oh Praise Jesus
MacReady: PRAISE JESUS? Thats f**king pushing it! This shits about as far from God as shit can get! Either of you ever seen anything like that? You even heard of anything like that? Huh? Me neither... and I watch Animal Planet all the f**king time!

MacReady: If this shit is contagious and I turn into a f**king mollusk or something, Im gonna sue those bastards! [Speaking to Margaret] And you can sue right along side of me. I dont care if youre a lesbo, you dont deserve this shit!

Old man looking at mutated Grant: He looks like something that fell of my dick during the war.

MacReady: [after being told exactly what is going on and what the creatures are] If I weren't about to shit in my pants right now, i'd be f**king fascinated.

But my absolute favourite has to be when all hell has broken loose, the town is overrun and nobody knows what the hell is going on, and MacReady can only think about his favourite coke.

MacReady: Where is the Mr. Pibb? I told your secretary to pack Mr. Pibb. Its the only Coke I like. Goddamn Brenda exploding like a water balloon, worms driving my friends around like theyre goddamn skin-cars, people are spitting acid at me, turning you into cottage cheese, and now theres no f**king GODDAMN MR PIBB?
Bill Pardy: [sarcastic] Jesus christ Jack, let me get right on it!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Favourite TV series: Dexter. Nothin' else but Dexter. I haven't gotten into any TV show before. Dexter owned me from episode 1.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 24, 2010, 08:04:15 PM
Favourite TV series: Dexter. Nothin' else but Dexter. I haven't gotten into any TV show before. Dexter owned me from episode 1.

agreed, Dexter FTW!

SpaceshipNoir1979

SpaceshipNoir1979

My favorites are:

1. Babylon 5
2. Farscape
3. Battlestar Galactica (both the 1970s version and the 2003-2009 version)
4. Caprica
5. Gerry Anderson's UFO
6. Gerry Anderson's Space:1999
7. BBC's I, Claudius
8. James Michner's Centennial
9. Herman Wouk's The Winds Of War
10. Herman Wouk's War And Remembrance
11. Twin Peaks
12. The Outer Limits (1960s version)
13. Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone (1960s version)
14. Jason Of Star Command
15. Salem's Lot - The 1979 TV-movie
16. Dan Curtis's Trilogy Of Terror: Prey
17. Star Trek (1960s version)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Rome!

That was the s**t!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Apr 25, 2010, 11:08:30 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 24, 2010, 08:04:15 PM

agreed, Dexter FTW!
Long live the Bay Harbor Butcher!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Total Drama Island deserves some funny moments. :P

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Balls of Steel on Channel 4 8)

used to be a massive Stargate SG-1 fan, but have gone off it recently, although i am enjoying SGU,
New Battlestar Galactica is great, and the old series (and even galactica 1980) is a guilty pleasure, although i've found it hard to get into Caprica.
Loved Dollhouse when it was on, and liked Firefly a lot, but felt i needed more series' to get truely great.
Loved Buffy as a kid, haven't seen it in years though, will get the boxset when it is on offer one of these days.
Really Like True Blood, don't care if it's girly,
at least liked all incarnations of Star Trek
like Farscape a lot, but never watched it religiosly due to bad scheduling.
Like the Tremors Series, only watched a few eps so far, though, the copy i have the audio and video occasionally go out of sync, shame it's not on R2 DVD yet.
liked the first season of Fringe but the second never grabbed me should probably give it another chance, just incase it got good again, i think i only saw up to ep 6 of season 2.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was awesome, but got cancelled just as it was getting really good. (cancelling after 2 seasons is always so unfair since the second season is always when the creators start building up Canon, dollhouse was lucky in that it got fair warning though and had a chance to wrap up loose ends)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

You like good tv

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on May 05, 2010, 03:29:36 PM
You like good tv

cheers :D

ooh, forgot Doctor Who!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed