Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 314,213 times)

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

You know what? I actually liked the Battlestar Galactica old series more than the new one, and I watched the new one before going back to watch the old one. I found the old one considerably more entertaining, aside from its cheesiness constant reuse of stock footage. The retro Cylons were so much cooler than the new ones.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Keg

Keg

Netflix has all 8 series of Red Dwarf. Get the f**k in! There's still a handful of episodes Ive never seen and come to think of it ive never actually seen the first ever episode.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Southland. Just got caught up, season finale on Tuesday. Such an awesome show.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Monster Man
LOVE EVERY MOMENT OF THIS SHOW!

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Dexter Season 1-5   5/5 (Havent seen season 6 yet, really want to though)
-Is one of my all time favourite shows,
Second time through and still awesome

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1 and 2   5/5
Season 1 was good, Season 2 even better. 

The Walking Dead Season 1 5/5!
-Absolutely love this show, I cant remember the last time a show has kept me this entertained but heck its a Zombie television show how can't that be awesome.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I disagree with every one of those statements (although Dexter was indeed awesome once upon a time).

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 19, 2012, 06:47:49 PM
I disagree with every one of those statements (although Dexter was indeed awesome once upon a time).

How not interesting.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I love Walking Dead and Sarah Connor Chronicles, as well.

Solid shows, especially with how bad the Terminator film series has become. :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've been wanting to give TSCC a try. maybe one of these days I'll get around to it. but not until after I eventually try BSG. I would rather not have Sweeps kill me ;)

And I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead, both the comics and the show. Last night's season finale was excellent! I'm so hyped soe season three.

My list of favorite shows remains as follows (in no particular order):

Tremors
Firefly
The Walking Dead

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 19, 2012, 07:03:37 PM

To true.

Although it is hard to follow up from great movies like Terminator 1 and 2
TV Show was best choice for the franchise.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 19, 2012, 07:12:30 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 19, 2012, 07:03:37 PM

To true.

Although it is hard to follow up from great movies like Terminator 1 and 2
TV Show was best choice for the franchise.

That's more like it. My disagreement with your SCC comments is that, in my opinion, the show was unmitigated brilliance from beginning to end, and surprised the pants off me when I rather reluctantly first started watching. Slow burning but surprisingly nuanced, emotional and naturalistic. Great score, great performances, great writing, great lead terminator. Real shame it wasn't picked up for another couple of seasons.

My only real complaints are Lena Headey - damn strong portrayal of the mother of a vulnerable son, yet proportionately weak follow-on from Linda Hamilton's portrayal of the character (felt rather like she hadn't even seen Terminator 2...) - and the frequency of Bible references, which as an atheist I found mildly irritating.
And the cancellation, obviously....

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 19, 2012, 07:06:40 PM
I've been wanting to give TSCC a try. maybe one of these days I'll get around to it. but not until after I eventually try BSG. I would rather not have Sweeps kill me ;)

I'd hold while he swings, man.

Get on that shit.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteThat's more like it. My disagreement with your SCC comments is that, in my opinion, the show was unmitigated brilliance from beginning to end, and surprised the pants off me when I rather reluctantly first started watching. Slow burning but surprisingly nuanced, emotional and naturalistic. Great score, great performances, great writing, great lead terminator

Fair enough.
Forgive me for my smart ass comment back there, and yes i do agree with you.
I was just saying i loved when the Terminator movies had Arnie, guess thats just because I loved Terminator 2

But yes I am glad they did what they did with the series, Also not to mention the effects were great.
I did like having a female Terminator on the good side for a change (not to mention the actress is hot), it keeps it different.

QuoteMy only real complaints are Lena Headey - damn strong portrayal of the mother of a vulnerable son, yet proportionately weak follow-on from Linda Hamilton's portrayal of the character (felt rather like she hadn't even seen Terminator 2...)

Very true, but i think she did a great job with it.
I would rather her do a great job with her own spin on it than rather try and copy someone elses performance which could turn out bad.
But yes it did seem like she didn't know much about the Sarah Connor character. (but damn was she fine  ;) )

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 20, 2012, 03:18:28 AM
[Lena Headey]
Very true, but i think she did a great job with it.
I would rather her do a great job with her own spin on it than rather try and copy someone elses performance which could turn out bad.
But yes it did seem like she didn't know much about the Sarah Connor character. (but damn was she fine  ;) )

Good point - Ewan McGregor in the SW prequels and Michael Shanks in Stargate SG-1 seemed a bit constrained by having to immitate someone else's performance, and it may have sapped their enthusiasm in the long term. We've probably seen a better, more committed performance from Headey than we would have done if she'd tried to mimic Linda Hamilton's Connor.
And hell yes, total milf.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed