Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 301,727 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I just finished Cosmos.
I actually felt tears swell up as Sagan delivered the final lines of the update segment on the episode "Who Speaks For Earth"
This one makes the list and then some. I have never seen a science program based on fact and speculation that generates such an emotional response. It doesn't just bluntly state the facts, but speculates on many great possibilites, such as the very internet I am using to say this message.
While I admit I wasn't too interested at first, Sagan has grabbed me and fascinated me in ways that I cannot describe. It was as if 2001: A Space Odyssey suddenly became real, and now it shall never be fiction for me again. Out there is a place that was once an alien thing marred by my superstitions, but now it is more real than it ever has been.
Sagan was one of the world's finest dreamers, and with many of his ideas now realities, one has to wonder what new discoveries he fortold shall follow.

Cosmos is more than science, more than art, it a collection of possiblities that all of humanity can make real if we apply ourselves. I plan to start right now.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I can't believe you finished that before I did. I've only watched about 2 or 3 episodes. Gotta get on that.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Chuck...I love the show and it'll end Friday...forever...NO!  :'(  :'(  :'(

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 25, 2012, 05:47:02 PM
I can't believe you finished that before I did. I've only watched about 2 or 3 episodes. Gotta get on that.
You, the number 1 Sagan admirer on this forum, haven't finsihed Cosmos?
Why Marines, I find this most disturbing.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Marines. I thought you were the Saganborn.  :(

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I think I felt the universe crack...

Lie

Lie

New Girl New Girl New Girl!!! ;D

Lizzy Caplan and Zooey Deschannel, the possibilities are endless!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 26, 2012, 08:03:38 PM
I think I felt the universe crack...
Yes. Now fix it!

CSM101

CSM101

Probably 24 before it finished  :(

ace3g

ace3g

what did you guys think of the Chuck series finale

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I allowed a build up of episodes, so when I get back home, I'm having a marathon. Cannot wait.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The new show with Sam Neill called Alcatraz is quite good. Anyone else watching it?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The JJ Abrams thing, right? No, haven't watched it, but I've heard of it. May check it out.

What channel's that on?

First Blood

First Blood

Fox, although ABC has been showing promos for a new show called The River and it looks very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fbxah3k-qc#ws

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 29, 2012, 07:01:02 PM
Fox....

Might be different up here, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed