Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 301,700 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Aug 25, 2011, 04:39:38 PM
I recently watched all 5 seasons of The Wire. I have now felt the touch of the television gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeFa8QOq_Y#

You're probably going to go into withdrawal now. And you'll probably have ruined all other TV for yourself. That's what happened to me at least.

However there is a cure, two cures in fact. Generation Kill and Treme. Both have that delicious David Simon touch. And more from Bunk and Lester, well their actors at least.  :D

Abe

Abe

The Walking dead, only got it on Dvd very recently and have watched it so many times. ;D :D
Spoiler
[close]

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Abe on Aug 25, 2011, 06:28:55 PM
The Walking dead, only got it on Dvd very recently and have watched it so many times. ;D :D
Spoiler
[close]
I found that part creepy as hell.

Abe

Abe

Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 25, 2011, 06:31:28 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I likded that scene alot for some reason.
Can't wait for series 2. ;D

Effectz

Effectz

Im watching Strike back Project dawn,its pretty good.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Abe on Aug 25, 2011, 06:33:36 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I'm also really excited for Season 2! But also a bit hesitant, now that Durabont has been fired...  :-\

Abe

Abe

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 25, 2011, 07:59:13 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I'm also really excited for Season 2! But also a bit hesitant, now that Durabont has been fired...  :-\

I also wonder, story-wise, how close to the comics this series will be. Will Robert Kirkman still write episodes?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 25, 2011, 05:22:04 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Aug 25, 2011, 04:39:38 PM
I recently watched all 5 seasons of The Wire. I have now felt the touch of the television gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeFa8QOq_Y#

You're probably going to go into withdrawal now. And you'll probably have ruined all other TV for yourself. That's what happened to me at least.

However there is a cure, two cures in fact. Generation Kill and Treme. Both have that delicious David Simon touch. And more from Bunk and Lester, well their actors at least.  :D

Generation Kill was a decent watch, but I couldn't for the life of me see any kind of draw in Treme. Felt that I'd wasted two hours of my life.

The Corner is kind of a prototype Wire, revolving around the lives of the victims of drugs rather than the forces controlling it. It's a bit hard to watch, but should satisfy that Wire craving to a degree.
I'd love to see Homicide: Life On The Street, another related show, but it's never been repeated in this country.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Abe on Aug 25, 2011, 08:10:24 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 25, 2011, 07:59:13 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I also wonder, story-wise, how close to the comics this series will be. Will Robert Kirkman still write episodes?

Don't know if Kirkman is writing, but he is certainly involved, so that's good :)

Kirkman also said that he wants it to be a bit different than the comics, so fans of the books don't know everything that's going to happen.  I'm fine with that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 25, 2011, 03:11:10 PM
Quote from: Laufey on Aug 24, 2011, 09:09:34 AM
Just wait until you get to the next season. While S4 was my favorite, S2 is the one I found most intense and nail biting. ;D

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 24, 2011, 04:41:14 PM
Same. I actually think 2 is my favourite. It's a tough call between 2 and 4, though.

Damn, finally! I thought I was the only one who loved the second season that much. It's certainly my favourite, by a large margin.

Season 4 was really good but the more I think about it, the more I think it wouldn't have been as good had Lithgow not been in it. His character was f**king ideal for Dexter as an opponent.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Arthur truly was Dexter's ultimate adversary on every level concievable. And Lithgow & Hall delivered on that in spades.

And the fact that
Spoiler
they both end up besting eachother, Trinity's damage being ultimately far worse,
[close]
just makes it all that much better.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Possibly part of the reason I couldn't totally buy into season 4's premise is that, for me, John Lithgow will always be the hilarious High Commander of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and co. Great actor, great performance, but that's the trouble with playing a role for a long time - viewers can find it hard to accept you as a very different character.
I don't know how popular Third Rock From The Sun was, maybe I'm the only fan around here.

Mild spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen up to the first episode of season 2.
Spoiler

I thought the second season presented a more interesting situation, with Dexter pursued by his friends and family (the good guys, as opposed to the usual menagerie of scumbags), and facing a couple of ridiculously difficult moral dilemmas. I also loved that it continued stories from the previous season, with Dexter coming to terms with himself after effectively looking in the mirror, and Debra becoming increasingly scarred in the aftermath of a traumatic ordeal. This last season's been the only one that picked up strands of the previous year so strongly.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The worst thing about Season 4 for me was Debra. So. f**king. ANNOYING. Always crying, always whining...yeesh, I wanted to slap her halfway through the season.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2011, 02:04:36 PM
The worst thing about Season 4 for me was Debra. So. f**king. ANNOYING. Always crying, always whining...yeesh, I wanted to slap her halfway through the season.

No, her acting was freaking great. And with all the things that happened i can totally understand her. Such a great actress she should get an oscar.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No doubt Jen Carpenter can act very well. But the character became extremely irritating and the more she complained about her life, the less I wanted to see of her. Just couldn't take it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed