Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 317,185 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 01, 2011, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jun 01, 2011, 09:25:33 AM
AMERICAN DAD KICKS FAMILY GUYS ASS.
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/G/S/amdadTheFamily.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ#
Family Guy is total shit now. I don't know how it's still on air. Last episode I saw, Stewie was Brian's manager for something... my god. It was so f**king horrible.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Family Guy is awesome. It's the best cartoon on TV right now. With South Park ending and Simpsons being irrelevant, Family Guy is poised to become #1.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Oh, that's hilarious. Family Guy is just unbearably lame now, the jokes are long and drawn out without payoff, and rely of shock value more than ever. Also, all of the repeated gags are boring as f**k now.

Do yourself a favor and watch The Venture Brothers. Or Archer.

Ugh, Family Guy.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 02, 2011, 01:19:20 AM
The Venture Brothers

As If I didn't love you enough.

Anyways
I've started watching Black Lagoon.
Yes I've dipped my toe into anime again.
Its pretty good.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

^

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 02, 2011, 01:19:20 AM
Oh, that's hilarious. Family Guy is just unbearably lame now, the jokes are long and drawn out without payoff, and rely of shock value more than ever. Also, all of the repeated gags are boring as f**k now.

Do yourself a favor and watch The Venture Brothers. Or Archer.

Ugh, Family Guy.

That's what makes the show good. It knows people are annoyed with stuff like that so now they're throwing it in their face.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

How is that good? That's just wallowing in your own shit. And I don't mean to insult you, but that's pretty much them accepting that they make the show for idiots (now at least; used to be funny. "DING!").

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Family Guy is not funny anymore. The references keep getting more and more obscure, the flashbacks are not funny or relevant, Stewie is no longer evil and Peter's just a fat d*ckhead.

American Dad sh*ts all over it.

Daken

Daken

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 31, 2011, 07:07:00 AM
Quote from: Daken on May 31, 2011, 06:54:26 AM
Now I gotta order Season 4.5 an we will have watched the whole series from start to end. Battlestar Galactica's remake was a unique series with a real dark tone. If you haven't seen it your missing out.[/left]
4.5 is filled with the best and most unrelenting episodes yet. Makes up for the midway lul of 4.0 for sure, and there's a camp of people who despise the ending, and a camp that is perfectly content with it. From what I've asked, more like it than don't. I f**king love it on a Lord of the Rings level.
Question: Did the show run its course or was it canceled early? I watched the Battlestar Galactica movie Razor tonight an I really liked it. It was cool to see the old school version of the Cylons. I like how the story fit with the continuity of the show perfectly.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It ran it's course as planned by the Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Thank god.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 18, 2011, 04:15:53 PM
I'm recently watching Doctor Who, Warehouse 13 and Sanctuary.

nice, warehouse 13 is funny, and i really need to catch up with sanctuary, last i saw was the ep before the mid season break
Spoiler
the MCs are all held captive in the hollow earth place
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jun 02, 2011, 12:13:59 AM
I am kind of sad that people seem to forget really great eppys like The Obsolete Man(my personal favorite episode with Burgess), I Am The Night, Color Me Black and King Nine Will Not Return.

Obsolete Man was great! Not sure I saw the other two, though.

The only time I ever see TZ is when SyFy plays their new Years marathons.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

This is a thought on the show on family guy:
One of my friends at a party put it this way, the is no such thing as a good Family Guy episode but at times (but rarely) there can be funny jokes.
Spoiler
Then she ran around wiggling her butt saying something about, do you where frilly knickers I do because I am Winston Churchill
[close]

i saw a pretty good one last night actually, it started off like willa wonka but with beer, then peter and brian get kicked out of the factory by drinking beer that never goes flat (just like the fizzy pop in the movie, where they don't get kicked out inexplicably) and then they discover that peter can play the piano perfectly when he's drunk, but not sober. the first half of the ep was great bu the second half not so much, apart from peter's rendition of the x-files theme :D but on the whole, probably the best ep i've seen in a long time

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jun 03, 2011, 08:25:03 AM
i saw a pretty good one last night actually, it started off like willa wonka but with beer, then peter and brian get kicked out of the factory by drinking beer that never goes flat (just like the fizzy pop in the movie, where they don't get kicked out inexplicably) and then they discover that peter can play the piano perfectly when he's drunk, but not sober. the first half of the ep was great bu the second half not so much, apart from peter's rendition of the x-files theme :D but on the whole, probably the best ep i've seen in a long time
Yeah that one was hilarious. It's also one of the much oldest episodes... so that would be why.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed