Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 316,578 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Jan 28, 2011, 02:57:50 AM
Anyone watch 1000 Ways to Die?
Me!

Prime113

Prime113

Scrubs!!!!! Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, Metalocolypse, Being Human, Family Guy

Snowdog

Snowdog

Spartacus All the way  ;D

Daken

Daken

Finally watched the last episode of Babylon 5 tonight.

Huol

Huol

started watching bsg again.

severen76

severen76

I'm waiting for season 3 and season 4 of Sons of Anarchy and Californication to start.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Feb 15, 2011, 04:30:08 AM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Jan 28, 2011, 02:57:50 AM
Anyone watch 1000 Ways to Die?
Me!

I watch it too.

I'm going to hell for watching it, but some of those deaths are hilarious. Not to mention the narrator's bad puns.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Huol on Feb 22, 2011, 12:28:07 AM
started watching bsg again.
Excellent.

First Blood

First Blood

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

South Park all the way

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Battlestar Galactica
Dexter
Trailer Park Boys
South Park
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
M*A*S*H
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Extras
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Firefly
Futurama
Deadwood

I've been trying to get into Chuck, but I just can't seem to get interested.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 22, 2011, 05:10:25 AM
I've been trying to get into Chuck, but I just can't seem to get interested.
Yeah, it's not for everybody. Personally, I was hooked from the first episode's charming, fun, and funny view of the spy world with hints of James Bond, Get Smart, and the Bourne series all over. I still love it four seasons in- the cast continues to be as loveable and entertaining as always.. along with some fantastic guest stars; Timmothy Dalton being the best of all.

Keg

Keg

Not many people in the UK watch Chuck at all. I remember seeing an advert for it before it first aired and I thought id check it out. I too loved it from the very first episode. Its such a charming show and its got everything. The guys will love the action and comedy (Morgan is my f**king hero) and chicks will dig how sweet it can be. I love it. I remember saying back before I saw season 3 that I was worried they'll drag it all out and it will get stale. I couldnt see how they could keep the "will they, wont they" and the "intersect" thing going without it getting stale. Well unlike alot of series i was glad to discover that so far they havnt annoyed viewers by dragging everything out and they keep coming up with new ways to keep it fresh. Its probably my favourite TV series of the last 10 years alongside Flight of The Conchords.

Something else I like about Chuck is that the writers know it could get cancelled at any moment (it already did) so they never leave massive cliffhangers that would annoy the tits out of you if another season wasnt made. Sure theres always going to be some things unresolved but usally each series leads to something quite big and so far theyre resolved enough so that it could be an ending. They even seem to have a sort of mid season finale where a particular big plot thread is wrapped up which is obviously due to the seasons being commissioned in halfs. If they dont get to make the other episodes they have their finale and if they do, they can then continue on from it and take it further (like they did with Season 3). Theyre not daft.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

There are aspects that I like about it, and each episode I've seen has had moments that I love (Casey with a bonsai tree cracked me up), but it just hasn't really grabbed me yet. I'll give it a chance, though.

The PredBen

The PredBen

My top favorites are -

House
Stargate Atlantis
South Park
Family Guy
Law and Order:SVU

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed