MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,192,825 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2022, 09:06:05 AMHow is Gamora back? Is that not a slap in the face to Endgame?

Endgame literally ends with the Guardians setting off to find the alt. timeline Gamora after she fled from the aftermath of the battle.

SiL

SiL

Is this the first Marvel movie to be credited as "A [director] film"? I can't remember them ever putting it on the poster like this.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Dec 02, 2022, 12:10:57 PMIs this the first Marvel movie to be credited as "A [director] film"? I can't remember them ever putting it on the poster like this.

Eternals did coming off of Chloe Zhao's Oscar win, and Raimi's Strange movie did because people love Raimi (both in the trailers, that is; I don't think they did on the posters though).

So not the first, but it is very very rare, since more often than not Marvel seems to want you to see the brand more so than the individual filmmaker. I'm glad they're bending a bit like this again for Gunn, 'cause his entries are some of the rare Marvel movies that feel distinct and very much of his own body of work just as much as, if not more so, than they do the rest of the MCU. WB wasn't shy to put his name all over the marketing for The Suicide Squad, either.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 02, 2022, 12:07:25 PMEndgame literally ends with the Guardians setting off to find the alt. timeline Gamora after she fled from the aftermath of the battle.

Ah, of course it did! My mistake.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 02, 2022, 06:19:43 AM
Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 01, 2022, 10:49:37 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 01, 2022, 10:29:40 PMhaha It's highly unlikely that anyone can post a new trailer or movie news before ace3g does.

There was a time, in my younger days. :D

We're like Mac and Indy now.

"We were younger then."

A decade flies by too fast.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 02, 2022, 12:07:25 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2022, 09:06:05 AMHow is Gamora back? Is that not a slap in the face to Endgame?

Endgame literally ends with the Guardians setting off to find the alt. timeline Gamora after she fled from the aftermath of the battle.

It will be interesting seeing this new dynamic, since the Gamora that is now alive have no real relationship with any of the Guardians except Nebula.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

If NASA's eventual manned (and womened?) return to the moon doesn't include a mix of primary colored spacesuits this time around, they're gonna get a strongly worded e-mail from me.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: ace3g on Dec 16, 2022, 09:05:45 PMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1603857097401196551

Unfortunately this is not MCU related, but instead is one of Sony's own universe films.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

I love the MCU but this last phase has really been a let down which it seems the MCU is lost and to be honest I'm loosing interest slowly. I hope they pick it up for the next phase but my hopes are not high at all.

ace3g

ace3g

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Dec 16, 2022, 11:53:21 PMI love the MCU but this last phase has really been a let down which it seems the MCU is lost and to be honest I'm loosing interest slowly. I hope they pick it up for the next phase but my hopes are not high at all.

I've been a big fan of the Marvel 'superhero' movies over the years since IRON MAN arrived in 2008, and it was a pretty good run with most of them leading up to the ENDGAME 'conclusion'.

But as I've found with other ongoing 'franchises' I've liked over the years, there's always going to be some disappointing misfires along the way which I'd rather never re-watch ever again.  So nowadays I just stick to what I consider to be truly worthwhile to me, and totally forget the rest.

For instance, my own 'definitive' STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES 'sagas' consist of their original trilogy entries only and that's ALL....no matter everything else that's been offered up since then.  That's all the 'Star Wars' and 'Indiana Jones' storylines I'll ever need, and all the subsequent prequels, sequels, and spin-offs have only given me varying levels of irritation and frustration compared to them so far.

As far as the MCU goes, I've ended up disregarding all it's tv shows after one watch too, and my preferred Marvel 'saga' only includes the particular movies I enjoy, re-arranged into a more 'chronological' timeline - starting with CAPTAIN AMERICA:FIRST AVENGER.  In fact, there's several MCU movies along the way which I ignore now such as THE INCREDIBLE HULK, as I'm satisfied with the way Mark Ruffalo and his version gets introduced in the first AVENGERS movie instead, with the additional bonus of consistency for that character.

But despite certain other lacklustre recent entries, I'm confident that the forthcoming ANT-MAN AND THE WASP:QUANTUMANIA and third GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY entries will re-energise this particular franchise for me once again.  However, I just hope that we get a real good new FANTASTIC FOUR entry eventually, or I'm gonna get REAL pissed.  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And here I'm just annoyed that Kang isn't blue, just a regular guy with blue LEDs shining on his face.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed