MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,191,894 times)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 27, 2022, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 26, 2022, 08:37:24 PMI just saw Thor 4 last night and I think Taika Waititi has run his course in the MCU.

I actually really like Ragnarok but I could barely finish Love and Thunder.

Same here. Ragnarok ranks pretty high on my MCU list. But Love and Thunder just didn't hit the same.

I agree with the RLM guys that it felt pretty phoned in for the most part.

Not the worst in the MCU for sure, but it definitely made me feel a lil of that superhero movie fatigue.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Honestly, the only Phase Four film that's really done it for me so far has been Multiverse of Madness, and in that one it was more so the excitement of getting to see Raimi (mostly) get to do his thing again, and not really the MCU of it all.

Stuff like this just completely rocks. Putting aside the scenes where you can tell they had Raimi on a bit tighter a leash, it's moments like these that give ITMOM so much of the personality that helps it stand out a bit in the crowd.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Same here! I loved Multiverse of Madness!
I loved seeing Raimi get to put so much of his style on screen again.
I think it was a perfect match with Doctor Strange, and resulted in a really fun and awesome marvel film. So many cool and creative sequences that complimented Strange well. 

The only other exception for Phase 4 would be Spider-Man: No Way Home.
Which I absolutely loved, as a spidey fan! Easily ranks in my top 5 of the MCU for sure.
Multiverse of Madness might make one of those spots too. Or at least top 10. 

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Love and Thunder had a lot of good stuff in it, but the timing on almost every joke felt very off to me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oof. Logan is such a phenomenal exit for Jackman's run on this character, and I really don't like the Deadpool movies. This combination doesn't exactly leave me feeling all that excited.

Also:

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/1574907829239939072

T Dog

T Dog

I wonder how much Jackman is getting paid, must be crazy money.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1574960430203609089

Oh boy, more creative shakeups inside Marvel on one of the handful of upcoming projects I have a lot of potential interest in!

This whole thing really sucks to hear.... I know this movie was supposed to start shooting very soon, but now I hope there's a bit of a delay so that whoever comes in to take over actually gets a bit of a reset time to retool the project in their own way, as much as they're allowed to do so.

I really hope this film can live up to the first two Blade movies, 'cause those two will always hold a special place in my heart.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Master Chief

Master Chief

Your time to shine, lip readers.  ;D  Looking forward to seeing these two together onscreen.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Though the MCU is dead to me at this point Deadpool is gladly the exception.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 28, 2022, 07:55:51 PMThough the MCU is dead to me at this point

What killed it for you?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 28, 2022, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 28, 2022, 07:55:51 PMThough the MCU is dead to me at this point

What killed it for you?

Well, I was for the most part enjoying it up to Infinity War/Endgame and I feel like it's been just downhill ever since regardless of if there might be some objectively good stuff inbetween the not so good stuff, my interest has just slowly died because there's so much content now in so relatively short a time now that I feel the MCU is a dead horse being beaten with a bat by Disney.

It's not just the amount of content on it's own though, it's that all of it is interconnected and has continuity with a much broader plot that leads up to a baddy like Thanos. At first I thought this was pretty cool when it was with Thanos, but now I feel that the MCU has used it's epic one trick pony and yet the MCU wants to show us the same trick again with new shows and movies the majority of which I'm just not even interested in, but knowing I'd HAVE to watch them in order to get the full experience is a frustrating prospect, a frustration that grows with each new release and a prospect I just don't care to partake in anymore as a victim of Marvel fatigue.

The nail in the coffin though is Thor: Love and Thunder. Thor was one of my favourites especially after Thor Ragnorok so I thought it'd be a breath of fresh air... only for Love and Thunder to instead become the first MCU movie I ever walked out on.

That is when I declared the MCU as legally dead. Hopefully I explained how I feel well enough.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, it's kind of an aimless shitshow right now.

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 28, 2022, 05:51:17 PMYour time to shine, lip readers.  ;D  Looking forward to seeing these two together onscreen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed