MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,192,817 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteDuring the D23 panel, Marvel boss Kevin Feige called the project "fun scary" and compared it to the classic '80s horror flick Poltergeist. Frequent MCU composer Michael Giacchino, who is directing Werewolf, also said it "has the right level of scares."

https://www.ign.com/articles/werewolf-by-night-marvel-mcu-horror

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/LizzieContent/status/1572964933654003714

Oh man, this would have been so great have in the film. I actually cackled watching this.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Dang! That's violent!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/PostCredPod/status/1574232759421128704

Cute.

Also, this screened at Fantastic Fest last night to very good reception. Looks like it clocks in at a bit under an hour in length.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh, didn't know Giacchino directs now. Is there a precedent for this, I mean, are there any other composer-directors ?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

John Carpenter says hello. ;)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 26, 2022, 03:01:47 PMJohn Carpenter says hello. ;)

I guess that's true but I meant more in a sense that someone starts as a composer and then goes on to direct . Was that the case with Carpenter ?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just saw Thor 4 last night and I think Taika Waititi has run his course in the MCU.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 26, 2022, 04:12:33 PMI guess that's true but I meant more in a sense that someone starts as a composer and then goes on to direct . Was that the case with Carpenter ?
Carpenter composed his own scores for his films since his directorial debut (Dark Star, mind you). Your question is indeed intriguing because I know of no composers that became film directors, specifically.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 26, 2022, 08:37:24 PMI just saw Thor 4 last night and I think Taika Waititi has run his course in the MCU.
Not really his fault. The original cut ran much longer and some elements were different... something happened and they chopped it up for the theatrical release. Marvel's habit of not releasing director's cuts of their films is getting on my nerves, especially in this case.

Watched latest episode of She-Hulk and the show's kind of losing steam... we're up to episode 6 and there doesn't seem to be a crescendo of any kind. Love Jameela Jamil but they better have a better (heh) use for her character these last three episodes.

I'm honestly kind of disappointed - this series could've packed in much more of a punch if written another way. I can't even chalk that up to pacing and whatnot because this is a 9-episode format, unlike Moon Knight (which should have had nine episodes...).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: choccy milk on Sep 26, 2022, 11:12:02 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 26, 2022, 08:37:24 PMI just saw Thor 4 last night and I think Taika Waititi has run his course in the MCU.
Not really his fault. The original cut ran much longer and some elements were different... something happened and they chopped it up for the theatrical release.

Do you think the director's cut would actually have fewer gags and quips than the theatrical release?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 26, 2022, 11:33:01 PMDo you think the director's cut would actually have fewer gags and quips than the theatrical release?
Indeed. There was a lot of tampering with the story for whatever reason, which hurt the narrative (and I'm saying that as someone who loved the film):

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's a downright alternate movie right there.  I think that would have been far less insufferable.  In fact, I really prefer the idea of Zeus filling Odin's shoes as a surrogate father figure for Thor.  Or a cool uncle, at least.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

It would give it the idea that in the face of all the other gods he couldnt help Thor but then appears secretly to give him his Lightning.

Fits Zeus's Hypocritical nature in mythology

426Buddy

426Buddy

I actually really like Ragnarok but I could barely finish Love and Thunder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed