Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,569 times)

MrLee

MrLee

Id love to see a serious adaptation of Ghostbusters. Yes the originals are great.

But the story, imagine that if it were done seriously. Guys that go visit f**ked up haunted places huntin ghosts down. Could be a good horror movie :)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Cellien on Oct 07, 2008, 03:06:15 PM
I think LeBoooof would be funny in it.  He can play the spastic n00b trying to learn the ropes.  Steve Carell would be hilarious too.  Maybe the duo from Shaun of the Dead as well, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.  They can all play the new recruits gettin' schooled by the old cast. :)

._.

Are you f**king serious?

SM

SM

QuoteId love to see a serious adaptation of Ghostbusters.

Why?  Ghostbusters had the right amount of seriousness to make the ghosts/ Gozer a threat.  More than that and it'd lose the integral humour.

TJ Doc

Mm hm, Ghostbusters terrified me as a sprog.  :-\

Huol

Huol

That damn library ghost. D:

predalien27

Quote from: Huol on Nov 25, 2009, 10:58:41 PM
That damn library ghost. D:
Aha, that part scared the shit out of me.

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2009, 10:44:01 PM

Why?  Ghostbusters had the right amount of seriousness to make the ghosts/ Gozer a threat.  More than that and it'd lose the integral humour.
Cause im not really a fan of comedy. I like seriousnessnessness in movies...most of the time.

minus fun cheesy stuff like Lethal Weapon, or dark humour like American Psycho had.

predalien27

Quote from: mrlee on Nov 26, 2009, 12:45:47 AM

Cause im not really a fan of comedy. I like seriousnessnessness in movies...most of the time.

minus fun cheesy stuff like Lethal Weapon, or dark humour like American Psycho had.
If you like serious movies, how do you like Ghostbusters?

SM

SM

He skips the funny bits.  Makes the running time about 90% shorter.

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: predalien27 on Nov 26, 2009, 12:48:18 AM

The power of the 1980s my friend, the power of the 1980s. Its the same way i like Huey Lewis and the News. Its just got that 80s feel that makes it special.

MrLee

MrLee

Let me rephrase. When it comes to films with a good plot, or wicked action. I prefer it to be serious.

However films that are just daft, like The Blues Brothers, The Mask, or the intentional cheese b-movie appeal of From Dusk Till Dawn and Planet Horror. Im cool with.

predalien27

Quote from: mrlee on Nov 26, 2009, 12:49:51 AM

The power of the 1980s my friend, the power of the 1980s. Its the same way i like Huey Lewis and the News. Its just got that 80s feel that makes it special.
I know how you feel.

MrLee

MrLee

Its like.

Arnie and Stallones action movies, especially the 1980s ones. If those type of films were done now, theyd be shitty like Resident Evil 3. Theres just something about those old classics that just has SOMETHING which you just think "yeah, thats awesome".

Happens with many films. I recently bought a film called Wall Street. Its just got that typical 1980s Michael Douglas feel, and i love films filmed in New York. Mix that with 80s and you have a film i like for the scenes alone. Although the film is pretty decent plot wise.

TJ Doc

Quote from: mrlee on Nov 26, 2009, 12:49:51 AM

I like you! I really like you!

Let's celebrate!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkOVe0MF1k

SpaceMarines

Seriously, where do you find this stuff? It's like listening to the Devil scratching his nails on a chalkboard... IN HELL!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed