Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,561 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I actually really enjoyed the movie, flaws and all.

Spoiler
I just wish they would have come up with new bad guys instead of just rehashing Gozer and the dogs. But I will say, those last ten minutes with crew back together and Egon's ghost helping out were just perfect.
[close]

Master

Master

Spoiler
It's not that I didn't liked it. Point is It's wasted potential and medicore movie, when it could have been great. Scenes with mother and teacher possessed look like caricature of original movie. Also why so few nods to GBII?/spoiler]
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Master on Nov 20, 2021, 06:23:31 AM
Spoiler
It's not that I didn't liked it. Point is It's wasted potential and medicore movie, when it could have been great. Scenes with mother and teacher possessed look like caricature of original movie. Also why so few nods to GBII?/spoiler]
[close]
Spoiler
Even the people who haven't watched original movie know about this:

How many people remember this ?

See my point ? You can also compare both critical and audience RT scores for two movies. I know RT is not the most objective of aggregators but it's somewhat telling
[close]

Master

Master

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 20, 2021, 07:11:13 AM
Quote from: Master on Nov 20, 2021, 06:23:31 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Even the people who haven't watched original movie know about this:

How many people remember this ?

See my point ? You can also compare both critical and audience RT scores for two movies. I know RT is not the most objective of aggregators but it's somewhat telling
[close]

Spoiler
I love both of those movies but I see your point. Thing is, it's sequel to existing franchise and should be treated as franchise.
[close]

Marc505

Marc505

I loved it, really loved it.

I didn't read any reviews until afterwards and many of them are quite scathing, yet even though I'd actually agree with some of their points of criticism it still didn't stop me loving it for what it was. Entertaining, funny, and a lot more moving than I thought it would be. First time I've shed a tear in a cinema in years!

Master

Master

Yeah, in parts it does right, it hits hard and heavy. Had tears in my eyes too.

ace3g

ace3g

Some BTS photos

Spoiler

razeak

razeak

I enjoyed it. If the 3rd act was more fresh it would have been a lot better. I think it was worth a trip to the theater.

I really liked that the nostalgia was mostly muted. It was there, but it wasn't overwhelming. It's just a pretty good kind of 80s Spielbergian family type adventure.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I really, really enjoyed the whole movie. I love how it starts, even how it ended and whom they faced...  because if you recall the last time around, they only closed the door on its face.

Master

Master

Quote from: razeak on Nov 22, 2021, 03:20:27 AM
I enjoyed it. If the 3rd act was more fresh it would have been a lot better. I think it was worth a trip to the theater.

I really liked that the nostalgia was mostly muted. It was there, but it wasn't overwhelming. It's just a pretty good kind of 80s Spielbergian family type adventure.

Very well said, my thoughts exactly.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 22, 2021, 01:48:21 PM
I really, really enjoyed the whole movie. I love how it starts, even how it ended and whom they faced...  because if you recall the last time around, they only closed the door on its face.

Spoiler
You've got a point Sir, yet I'd much rather face brand new villain.  Also whole summoning of the Goser was rushed and abit sill (mother and teacher, gah...)and , you know, Goser was the Destroyer not ruler. Vigo on the other had was supposed to be dark messiah,  ruler type.
[close]

In the end I hope will get another and soon, with all fresh set up and plot. Old-timers are as always more then welcome!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Nov 22, 2021, 02:13:20 PM
Spoiler
You've got a point Sir, yet I'd much rather face brand new villain.  Also whole summoning of the Goser was rushed and abit sill (mother and teacher, gah...)and , you know, Goser was the Destroyer not ruler. Vigo on the other had was supposed to be dark messiah,  ruler type.
[close]

Spoiler
Well, the only way you can open the gateway for Gozer is through Vinz & Zuul / Keymaster & Gatekeeper, so it made sense to see that occur again to bring Gozer the Traveller back to Earth.
[close]

Personally I find some of the criticisms with Afterlife very odd, and mirroring my actual complaint with "Ghostbusters 2". To me Ghostbusters 2, while changing names and faces of the antagonists, repeats the same narrative structure too closely of the first movie and results is a poorer imitation... much like "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" does to A New Hope.

"Ghostbusters: Afterlife" actually feels like a bona-fide sequel to Ghostbusters (1984)... where I'm not surprised nor disappointed to see threads continued.

Kradan

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You should visit the US just to hang out with RLM.

Kradan

Kradan

But I liked prequels. And Batman v Superman. They would probably kick my ass in a drunken fight

Master

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 22, 2021, 02:43:50 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 22, 2021, 02:13:20 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Well, the only way you can open the gateway for Gozer is through Vinz & Zuul / Keymaster & Gatekeeper, so it made sense to see that occur again to bring Gozer the Traveller back to Earth.
[close]

Personally I find some of the criticisms with Afterlife very odd, and mirroring my actual complaint with "Ghostbusters 2". To me Ghostbusters 2, while changing names and faces of the antagonists, repeats the same narrative structure too closely of the first movie and results is a poorer imitation... much like "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" does to A New Hope.

"Ghostbusters: Afterlife" actually feels like a bona-fide sequel to Ghostbusters (1984)... where I'm not surprised nor disappointed to see threads continued.

Sequels regularly does that. See Aliens, Predator 2 and Terminator 2. I agree Afterlife feels allot like Force Awakens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed