Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,564 times)

Hubbs

Sabby

Cellien

Cellien

I wanted to like this movie but it felt soulless and didn't respect the source material to make it feel like a worthy sequel.  The last straw for me was the lame cameos for the old crew, not even relevant or linked to their personas from the previous films. 

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 19, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
I wanted to like this movie but it felt soulless and didn't respect the source material to make it feel like a worthy sequel.  The last straw for me was the lame cameos for the old crew, not even relevant or linked to their personas from the previous films.

They looked like hostages on the Tonight Show.

Cellien

Cellien

Exactly. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I didn't notice Bil Murray's cameo until 5 minutes after he went flying out the window and Dan Aykroyd's cameo was painful.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Guess he just assume Ernie Hudson needs a pay check. I think this boat has sailed with the death of Ramis but I wouldn't say no to a Ghostbusters 3.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Let it go Dan. Let. It. Go. Harold is gone and it just would not be the same without Spengler.

They should do another game instead. I still love replaying the game. If they get Maurice LaMarche to voice Spengler, it would work.

The thing that pissed me off about the 2016 movie was that it totally would have worked as a parallel universe to the original. Literally all they needed was a throwaway line about parallel universes and it would have been an expanded universe. Rowan becoming a Destroyer and following the same rules as Gozer and his minions (has to be given a physical form, can possess people like Zuul and Clortho, etc.) would have totally made sense. Instead they pedantically insisted that it was all alone in continuity, and it just came off as a forced rehash (a Cadillac... again... a firehouse... again...) Sooo much potential was squandered.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

If the rest of the cast was returning, and the story somehow honored Egon and Harold Ramis, I would be okay with it.

Though, I wonder how I would feel if they brought Egon back with CG and old unused footage, having him die early on and pass over to the spirit world to still help the team.

I dont know, it could be a great tribute, or might ultimately just end up feeling too wrong.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Hey folks I know the solution. Egon had an estranged daughter who inherited his Proton Pack and the ghost are back; so there's only one thing Dan can do, get the gang back together and hunt some ghosts. So yea, basically the Ghostbusters now have a chick on the team and keep that creep Venkman away from her.

The first people they kill are the characters from the 2016 movie so that the old crew have some ghost to hunt.

ace3g

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Here we go again. hmm I wonder what Jai Courtney is up too.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Alright. I'm cautiously optimistic. Here's hoping Bill, Dan and Ernie sign on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed