Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,816 times)

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 03, 2016, 08:21:28 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Aug 03, 2016, 08:10:28 PM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 03, 2016, 08:02:26 PM
I fail to see how they actively drove away audiences. And it may have been a minority, but they sure were vocal. Quality of the film aside, there is absolutely no reason 4 women can't be ghostbusters.

Hey, when you create a smear campaign against half the population, you respond.

I was referring to the campaign against the movie, actually. Anything in response I felt was warranted. I don't think they labeled anyone simply disinterested in the film as sexists. A vast majority of people seemingly felt the need to chime in how stupid the notion of female ghostbusters was/is, & that is sexist.

They didn't need to, because they characterized the movies critics as primarily sexist racist man children. As the video said, 0.8% of people who saw the trailer commented inappropriately, and those comments were curated. You're wrong and these people are scumf**ks.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

They attacked nerd culture as a whole, and not only Paul Feig, Judd Appatow, and Dan Akroyd.  There are scenes in the movie, that blatantly attack 'nerds', every male character in the movie was an idiot, a nerd or a villain.  Feig should have put more effort into the actual story, than his little 'boys drool' moments, which is essentially what this nonsense was from the start

And to go back to my issues with 'why' female ghostbusters.

I would be equally unhappy if somebody rebooted Alien, or Terminator with male Ripley/Connor characters simply because 'men are awesome'

Its dumb, it's cheap, and you sacrifice good story telling for politics

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

How overdramatic. Seriously, it attacked nerd culture? :laugh:

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

0.8% of people who viewed the original trailer posted negative comments about female Ghostbusters, but apparently 'man babies' are responsible for the negative reception.

Yeah, I'm being overdramatic by pointing out the film makers generalising comments

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 03, 2016, 08:46:46 PM
0.8% of people who viewed the original trailer posted negative comments about female Ghostbusters, but apparently 'man babies' are responsible for the negative reception.

Yeah, I'm being overdramatic by pointing out the film makers generalising comments

+11

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 03, 2016, 08:44:24 PM
How overdramatic. Seriously, it attacked nerd culture? :laugh:

They did, yes, to obfuscate and dismiss valid criticism. And it worked, obviously.

genocyber

genocyber

Paul Fieg is a troubled little man with daddy issues. This movie was his way of getting back at the lack of a male role model in his life.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

It's just a bad movie IMO.  Bad in it's design, bad in it's purpose and bad in it's final product.  If people like it, awesome.  But I stand by what I said earlier in this thread.  Paul Feig is a hack

Shasvre

Shasvre

I saw this the other day and, you know, I didn't hate it. Went in with pretty low expectations and because a friend insisted we see it. Is it a perfect film? No. A few of the characters and many of the jokes fell flat. But Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth nailed it and there were plenty of laughs between the two of them. The rest of the cast were not horrible, but didn't deliver in the same way. The ghosts and the special effects looked pretty neat for most parts. The villain was a bit weak, though I did enjoy certain aspects of him. Likewise, the action and the ending was a bit hit and miss. Overall a decent film and I'm glad I actually got to see it on the big screen.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Corporal Hicks

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Word of mouth really hurt the movie despite having 72% on RT.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2016, 05:10:26 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515

Ouch.  I know I'm bashing Paul Feig a lot, but his attitude, along with a lot of people involved is a huge factor, and the marketing team

Rankles75

Rankles75

Good. If ever a movie deserved to fail, it's this soulless, shameless garbage...

Hubbs

Hubbs

This will hit Feig badly in the long run...

Sabby

Sabby

But he did that behind the scenes thing where he dressed as a clown and prostrated himself in front of womyn. How did that not result in a funny science fiction adventure?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed