Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 153,415 times)

Master

Master

I take A:R any day insted of yet another reharsh of old film. That`s how I see Blokamp`s Aliens 2.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Olde on Jul 13, 2016, 01:22:24 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Jul 12, 2016, 11:41:54 PM
Quote from: genocyber on Jul 12, 2016, 11:22:07 PM
So what I'm getting out of this is that as long as the original was good, its perfectly fine to make as many garbage sequels and reboots and drive the name into the f**king ground.

No one said that.
Why not? I'm perfectly okay with that. Future work doesn't have any bearing on past relevance if you don't allow it to.

I said as much two posts ago and provided a list. History has told us that no amount of sequels/ reboots/ remakes have any impact on films that are regarded as genuine classics. But in regards to us being happy about garbage films in general (regardless of whether they're sequels/ reboots), I don't believe anyone said that. People still have a right to criticise and complain.

I have however said that the 'you've ruined cinematic art/ my childhood with a naff sequel or reboot' is an argument that's both childish and largely unfounded.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

QuoteIs it not true that we've been hearing rumours about Alien 5 being a continuation from Aliens rather than Alien: Resurrection?
And weren't said rumors shot down? If it is true that only makes Alien 5 crass.
QuoteIs it not true that most people consider Alien: Resurrection garbage?
Most people don't even know how their own government functions, Shakesphere's Julius Caesar taught us that most people are stupid and are not to be trusted.
QuoteTell me something, do you want to see Alien: Resurrection 2?
Yes.
Quoteif you're trying to insult me because I'm rooted in reality
I'm not, I'm fighting snobbery and the delusion of "X and Y are bad because eeeeehhhhh".
QuoteIf you don't believe that there will be toys based on whatever creations they make in Alien 5 if it's a good enough movie
I never once even IMPLIED this.
QuoteHow's that for a snobbish comment?
"I'm pro-breaking continuity" might have something to do with it.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm no mod but the topic has to change.

Hubbs

Hubbs

QuoteIts all over...
Except it isn't  even opening weekend yet so this statement is false.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Jul 13, 2016, 03:15:30 PM
QuoteIts all over...
Except it isn't  even opening weekend yet so this statement is false.

I jest of course, but JJ and Stuckmann have huge followings.

Just because something has a huge following does not mean they are credible. BTW Hubbs, if you like Stuckman so much, why not make a topic for just him?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Everyone shut up and enjoy pug Slimer

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Damn, Roeper really laid into the movie. Both stuckman and jahn gave it mediocre grade reviews... yet Roeper pulled his pants down and shat all over the tickets on a Chicago street. Guess that is his job, plus I think he was wasted... and he still hated the movie.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/13/12179838/ghostbusters-china-release-foreign-box-office

China isn't even going to screen the movie.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

This will hugely impact overseas sales projections (and maybe, if we're lucky, get Hollywood to realise that, between this and banning anything with time-travel in it, maybe investment from a Communist police state should be steered away from).

It's also indicative of Sony's marketing department being so disorganised that they not only didn't check this beforehand, but decided the ideal solution would be to rename it...

To this.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/13/ghostbusters-gets-wacky-new-title-to-appease-censors-in-china-which-probably-wont-release-it-anyway

"Who ya' gonna' call?! Super Power Dare Die Team!"

:laugh:

He is Fieg-o! You are like the buzzing of flies to him...!

Hubbs

Hubbs

Interesting little piece that shows how this movie has become a political battle between feminists/the left, and nerds/(so called) sexists and haters.

https://medium.com/@J_Rosenfield/please-dont-see-ghostbusters-to-make-a-point-8382584353a#.68opr4krq

Personally I don't want the film to make tonnes of money because it merely encourages the clueless in Hollywood to make even more crap reboots and remakes. Personally I think we've had just about enough of these for now...Robocop, Total Recall, Poltergeist, Point Break etc...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Saw it. It's fun. Not particularly deep, and I wish there was more of a focus on McCarthy's relationship with Wiig. But the cast has great chemistry, especially Jones, Hemsworth, and McKinnon. My god is McKinnon great in this.

The third act feels a little stale at times-- an action scene feels kind of meh until McKinnon takes over, for instance-- but overall it's a lot of fizzy fun.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jul 15, 2016, 04:02:23 AM
Saw it. It's fun. Not particularly deep, and I wish there was more of a focus on McCarthy's relationship with Wiig. But the cast has great chemistry, especially Jones, Hemsworth, and McKinnon. My god is McKinnon great in this.

The third act feels a little stale at times-- an action scene feels kind of meh until McKinnon takes over, for instance-- but overall it's a lot of fizzy fun.
No it wasn't. I don't usally say things like this but... for what my opinion is worth. Do not see this movie. I did and I'm regretting it. If you are a fan of NB Alien 5 concept, leave as soon as the credits roll or else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed