Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,748 times)

GQSioux

GQSioux

Ok, I saw it last night. I'll tell you what you already know... It's nowhere near as good as the original, duh. I'll spill more thoughts on Sunday.

Vermillion

Vermillion

You must of saw it for free.

Lol

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: GQSioux on Jul 08, 2016, 09:31:05 PM
Ok, I saw it last night. I'll tell you what you already know... It's nowhere near as good as the original, duh. I'll spill more thoughts on Sunday.
That's saying a lot because it implies that it's not a steaming pile of feces.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

In case nobody has seen it.

Xan21

Xan21

Just fanboys who are Always like- Women aren't funny...Same thing when guys have to watch female soccer, It diminishes the power of their manhood.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xan21 on Jul 09, 2016, 01:44:08 PM
Just fanboys who are Always like- Women aren't funny...Same thing when guys have to watch female soccer, It diminishes the power of their manhood.

People are still saying these things? I guess it'll endure long after the film is released; I can already see some publications giving good reviews to save themselves some embarrasment, especially after going so ludicrously heavily after people like James Rolfe.

Someone put up an early review:

Hubbs

Xan21

Xan21

Jeesh this guy definately got his balls jolted before filming the review.

Hubbs

Hubbs

The final bit where they take down the boss ghost by shooting him in the balls pretty much says it all if ask me (and again, why would a ghost be affected by that? Do ghosts have balls?).

Why would a full sized ghost version of the Ghostbusters logo have a set of male genitals?

http://nypost.com/2016/07/08/secret-life-of-pets-has-ghostbusters-scared-straight/

Sabby

Sabby

...yeah. Yeah, thats the one. Our knees are just soggy and we're scurred. Or maybe we're just cringing at genuinely unfunny female actresses hijacking something they're not talented enough to make themselves.

But nuh, I'm just threatened by this. Definitely.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Soccer is boring no matter who or what plays it. Not even puppies or your own kids can make soccer palatable. :P

They should have sold the film as a genderbender sex romp and everyone would have been thrilled.  Yea and I mean just that, have the original guys through ghost magic become chicks in the movie. A terminator genisys kind of thing.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 09, 2016, 09:40:45 PM
Soccer is boring no matter who or what plays it. Not even puppies or your own kids can make soccer palatable. :P

They should have sold the film as a genderbender sex romp and everyone would have been thrilled.  Yea and I mean just that, have the original guys through ghost magic become chicks in the movie. A terminator genisys kind of thing.
Soccer boring? You must have less sport than a Cooking Channel. You said that because in your country its not very played but watch Argentinian league and all the matches are incredible

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The controversy over this project has zero to do with the primary characters' gender and everything to do with it looking like it'll be around the quality of 'Pixels'.

Like many, I had no problem with it being an all-female cast. The original played off the 'slacker science fraternity' vibe and I could see a female cast doing that just as well (providing it's cast and written well enough, which is the same necessity as for a male cast). If this was because of sexist prejudice, I would't have cringed when I heard about the Channing Tatum spin-off rumour, which I regarded as just as ill-advised.

If this fails as hard as all the indications were threatening it would, it won't be because of the false sexism narrative. It'll be because it's simply a bad film.

Amy Pascal's back-stabbing of Reitman may well have cursed this from the start.

Sabby

Sabby

QuoteThe controversy over this project has zero to do with the primary characters' gender-

Oh, it's about gender for me, but not because the leads are female, it's that they hold their gender up like a shield against criticism. I personally don't care about the movie. I don't really like Ghostbusters. I watched it once and enjoyed myself and will probably never watch it again.

I have no horse in this race, I just see a franchise many people liked being hijacked by talentless c**ts with no understanding, love or appreciation of the property, and then shaming and shouting down any criticism. They're not here for Ghostbusters, or its fans, they're here for themselves.

This is absolutely about gender politics, and they made it that way. Untalented Pigharpies like these can't create, they just move into a space someone else already worked for and make it theirs. I hold nothing but contempt for this film, and I don't even care about Ghostbusters.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I think this is probably about as good as it will get quite frankly.

Meanwhile, Sony are now desperately trying to sell this movie to male cinema goers. Maybe you should of thought about that before taking the movie in this direction hmmm

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ghostbusters-female-reboot-marketing-challenges-1201810847/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed