Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 153,448 times)

Naissus

Naissus

I am sorry to say, this movie looks like a souless remake that does nothing for the brand or the story.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I just don't wanna see this movie anymore. The trailers sell a product that doesn't seem to be worth the investment.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Infected on May 22, 2016, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 22, 2016, 02:42:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HEg98daik

I tell you guys, every now and done I love a good shit rant.  :laugh:
I liked the trailers for this movie,
i even laughed hard at the black womans jokes.
And ive seen the first Ghostbuster movies a thousand times.

I would probably gonna see this one and i probably gonna enjoy it.
Alpha is ranting like the rest because his Youtube buddies Mike Matei and James Rolfe also hate on this movie,
but i dont see it i dont see the hate.
Ive seen the last Star Trek trailer and it sucks so much ass, same as X-men trailer and the Turtles finally look what it should look the first time, im not for the all female cast, but the hate is totally bullshit.
And f**k Alpha Omega Sin and his pussy rant he is just another sheep in the herd.

If you like it, go see it.  So far for me, I'm not impressed, and I get his rant because I'm tired of hearing the same 'It's misogyny' to not like this movie.  I've got no problems with female leads.  What I have got a problem with is why they have female leads.  To push an agenda, simple as, which I could even look over if what they produced actually looked good.  But it doesn't. 

Jokes fall flat, it's ripping scenes from the first movie.  Race joke, gender joke, selfie joke.  I'm saying it again, Paul Feig in a wet blanket, hack.

Magegg

Magegg

Alphaomegasin is one of the most hideous and stupid manchilds I've seen in YT, I asked him a quesion once in one of his "rants" and two comments after that he was already telling me that he was going to f**k my mom and things like that.

I feel pity for people who think he's smart or anything.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Novak 1334 on May 22, 2016, 10:08:27 PM

Alpha is ranting like the rest because his Youtube buddies Mike Matei and James Rolfe also hate on this movie,
Ive seen the last Star Trek trailer and it sucks so much ass, same as X-men trailer and the Turtles finally look what it should look the first time, im not for the all female cast, but the hate is totally bullshit.
And f**k Alpha Omega Sin and his pussy rant he is just another sheep in the herd.

If you like it, go see it.  So far for me, I'm not impressed, and I get his rant because I'm tired of hearing the same 'It's misogyny' to not like this movie.  I've got no problems with female leads.  What I have got a problem with is why they have female leads.  To push an agenda, simple as, which I could even look over if what they produced actually looked good.  But it doesn't. 

Jokes fall flat, it's ripping scenes from the first movie.  Race joke, gender joke, selfie joke.  I'm saying it again, Paul Feig in a wet blanket, hack.
It could be worse, they could have had Queen Latifa in it.
But the all female cast was a surprise to me also and seeing the trailer some of them shouldnt be in it,
i say they should have put Shia La Beaouff in it with the black woman and Chris Hemsworth, Jack Nicholson, the Rock,
Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Laurence Fishburn, Bill Murray and f**k it

Sabby

Sabby

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Good god I have no idea who alphaomegasin is but he surely touched a nerve somehow. It was the guy in that shit rant video I posted, right? Yea I ran into that video after somebody posted some fine late 80's German Rock-pop-grunge-thing. I don't even know how I ended up there.

:laugh:

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Sabby on May 22, 2016, 01:47:31 AM
Quote from: g2vd on May 22, 2016, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: Sabby on May 21, 2016, 04:53:53 AM
Maybe I'm just an oddity, but I'm not seeing the problem with the effects. CGI rarely looks as convincing as practical, but these don't look terrible. I guess you could argue they're overdesigned. Marshmellow Mans leg looked weighty and moved right, but maybe way too much detail? You could definitely say that for Slimer.
It's not the Marshmallow Man, it's the ghost from the Ghostbusters logo.

I heard as much yeah. Ya know... that also could work, in the right hands. I imagine copyright issues kept them from using the Stay Puft brand, or maybe they're just so desperate to show they aren't just hijacking a franchise they have no love for. Look guys! It's... Ghost... man, G-ghostboy, the guy, you know, the one we all know and love, here he is, oh boy, what a franchise, huh?
It's pretty much exactly what one would imagine..it's the logo with teeth. spoiler just incase someone doesn't want to be spoiled I guess.

Spoiler
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: g2vd on May 23, 2016, 10:47:49 AM
Quote from: Sabby on May 22, 2016, 01:47:31 AM
Quote from: g2vd on May 22, 2016, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: Sabby on May 21, 2016, 04:53:53 AM
Maybe I'm just an oddity, but I'm not seeing the problem with the effects. CGI rarely looks as convincing as practical, but these don't look terrible. I guess you could argue they're overdesigned. Marshmellow Mans leg looked weighty and moved right, but maybe way too much detail? You could definitely say that for Slimer.
It's not the Marshmallow Man, it's the ghost from the Ghostbusters logo.

I heard as much yeah. Ya know... that also could work, in the right hands. I imagine copyright issues kept them from using the Stay Puft brand, or maybe they're just so desperate to show they aren't just hijacking a franchise they have no love for. Look guys! It's... Ghost... man, G-ghostboy, the guy, you know, the one we all know and love, here he is, oh boy, what a franchise, huh?
It's pretty much exactly what one would imagine..it's the logo with teeth. spoiler just incase someone doesn't want to be spoiled I guess.

Spoiler
[close]
Is that the actual action figures.....

g2vd

g2vd

Yes, yes they are.

PsyKore

PsyKore

What annoys me, apart from the misogynist argument, is when people say you can't judge the movie by the trailer. I mean, the purpose of a trailer is to gain your interest to see the movie, but if a trailer doesn't look good to me, then I won't want to see the movie. Simple. When did people forget everyone has the right not to like something? People don't even have to have a reason not to like something either.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: g2vd on May 23, 2016, 11:37:54 AM
Yes, yes they are.
wow, that is as generic as one could have imagined. Did they brown face a couple of the girls? Because I thought they were white?

Quote from: PsyKore on May 23, 2016, 11:50:53 AM
What annoys me, apart from the misogynist argument, is when people say you can't judge the movie by the trailer. I mean, the purpose of a trailer is to gain your interest to see the movie, but if a trailer doesn't look good to me, then I won't want to see the movie. Simple. When did people forget everyone has the right not to like something? People don't even have to have a reason not to like something either.
To play devils advocate I think they mean people who phrase their discontent as "This movie sucks" without the movie even hitting the theater vs "From what I've seen in the trailers I think this movie is going to majorly blow". Yea it ain't much but stating something sucks without seeing it is just as unfair as people demanding that we see something that we just don't want to based on the very content released who's sole intention is to motivate us to see the movie.

Yea I'm a softie, a lot and I mean a lot of people put a lot of effort into trying to make a movie... but at the end of the day it's just business and no matter how great a product may well be, if you f**k up the marketing; the products f**ked.

Sabby

Sabby

Yep, acting as if the movie might be better than the trailer is irrelevant. It may be, but that was their chance to get asses in seats. If they give me a bad impression of their product, it's them f**king up, not me being stubborn and quick to judge.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea, that is exactly what it is. Columbia Pictures straight up f**ked up and are now trying to blame anyone and everything else. Still if the movie is good chances are most of us would probably go and see it. So it's basically up to the quality of the film and word of mouth to get my ass into the theater.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 23, 2016, 12:54:37 PM
Yea, that is exactly what it is. Columbia Pictures straight up f**ked up and are now trying to blame anyone and everything else. Still if the movie is good chances are most of us would probably go and see it. So it's basically up to the quality of the film and word of mouth to get my ass into the theater.

In Columbias defense, I don't think the misogyny shit is on their end. I haven't seen anything linking it to them. It's the progressive liberal media acting on their own I've seen, and they're desperate to make a martyr out of this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed