Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,579 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Sabby on May 21, 2016, 05:05:24 AM
Quote from: genocyber on May 21, 2016, 04:57:05 AM
It looks like a tv movie designed by Nickolodian for halloween. Remember Haunted Mansion with Eddy Murphy?

I can see them as comparable.
Yea comparable but the effects aren't bad, least of all they're probably unfinished in the trailers. However they choose to go from the "happy go-lucky killing machine" ghost to the "oh yea that is obviously the thing that will kill us all" ghost. Fiege is totally missing the point. I'm starting to believe he is a shitty director.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 21, 2016, 06:23:06 AM
Quote from: Sabby on May 21, 2016, 05:05:24 AM
Quote from: genocyber on May 21, 2016, 04:57:05 AM
It looks like a tv movie designed by Nickolodian for halloween. Remember Haunted Mansion with Eddy Murphy?

I can see them as comparable.
Yea comparable but the effects aren't bad, least of all they're probably unfinished in the trailers. However they choose to go from the "happy go-lucky killing machine" ghost to the "oh yea that is obviously the thing that will kill us all" ghost. Fiege is totally missing the point. I'm starting to believe he is a shitty director.

Just as I edited to say CAN'T. Typo.

genocyber

genocyber

Well the obvious brightly colored green slime is a very nickolodian trope, with the neon brightly colored blue ghosts being very much like Haunted Mansion.

Sabby

Sabby

We're not talking about themes, we're talking about CGI quality, and it seems every time a CG heavy film comes out, everyone takes the bullet train to Hyperbole Town and compares it to 64 bit graphics. Or earlier. It's stupid.

I'm not saying the CGI in Ghostbusters 3 looks superb, but Sega Saturn? Really? Come on guys, you don't need to go to these ridiculous lengths to shit on something that is already so shittable.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What I saw in the IMAX trailer looked great... however damn, it does look Nickelodeon.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I made the 'Haunted Mansion' comparison back when the first advert hit. I continue to think, however, that it's a result of not going back to the original film's concept art, but the art department being told to go back to 'The Real Ghostbusters' cartoon for visual inspiration. What we see, so far, fits right in with that cartoon's style of ghosts.

Unfortunately, this new trailer actually proves this is going to be awful... Why? Because it shows Hemsworth's character getting abducted just like that leaked Reddit story reveal claimed he would. That, the way he turns in villain-style to the camera and confirmation of the Reddit leaker's reveal about the 'emblem ghost' effectively replacing Stay Puft, seem to increasingly point to that alarming Reddit leak as being genuine.

We already knew Feig's story pitch from the leaked Sony e-mails (complete with a cringe-worthy musical number) and it was horrifically bad. The Reddit leaker said very little has changed, aside from taking away the 'alien ghosts' idea (potentially an interesting concept, but he literally pitched it as nothing but a gimmick, instead of a plot-point to build off of).

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 21, 2016, 12:58:10 PM
What I saw in the IMAX trailer looked great... however damn, it does look Nickelodeon.
I guess a Ghostbusters/Scooby Doo crossover movie will be next.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You know what would have made for an interesting, up right awesome movie. If it was set in the future, where all the real ghostbusters were dead and have them all become ghosts. Where they realize that they never once asked a ghost to leave before shooting them with hot plasma and that they were the real bad guys the whole time. Then we could bring in the female ghostbusters to murder them in cold ectoplasma. Yea really turn the story up side it's head. The city would then demand the release of the ghostbusters and pass amendments to the law that makes being a ghost legal. That ghosts are still people and deserve to use whatever restroom they see fit.

Take that you f'n feminist.  :-X

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 21, 2016, 09:53:21 PM
You know what would have made for an interesting, up right awesome movie. If it was set in the future, where all the real ghostbusters were dead and have them all become ghosts. Where they realize that they never once asked a ghost to leave before shooting them with hot plasma and that they were the real bad guys the whole time. Then we could bring in the female ghostbusters to murder them in cold ectoplasma. Yea really turn the story up side it's head. The city would then demand the release of the ghostbusters and pass amendments to the law that makes being a ghost legal. That ghosts are still people and deserve to use whatever restroom they see fit.

Take that you f'n feminist.  :-X

...that actually sounds like a pretty sound idea for a Ghostbusters sequel

genocyber

genocyber

I think the best course of action would be to make a new Ghostbusters cartoon series, and mix it with the style of Real Ghostbusters humor and the darkness of Extreme Ghostbusters. Get Disney to produce it.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Sabby on May 21, 2016, 04:53:53 AM
Maybe I'm just an oddity, but I'm not seeing the problem with the effects. CGI rarely looks as convincing as practical, but these don't look terrible. I guess you could argue they're overdesigned. Marshmellow Mans leg looked weighty and moved right, but maybe way too much detail? You could definitely say that for Slimer.
It's not the Marshmallow Man, it's the ghost from the Ghostbusters logo.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: g2vd on May 22, 2016, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: Sabby on May 21, 2016, 04:53:53 AM
Maybe I'm just an oddity, but I'm not seeing the problem with the effects. CGI rarely looks as convincing as practical, but these don't look terrible. I guess you could argue they're overdesigned. Marshmellow Mans leg looked weighty and moved right, but maybe way too much detail? You could definitely say that for Slimer.
It's not the Marshmallow Man, it's the ghost from the Ghostbusters logo.

I heard as much yeah. Ya know... that also could work, in the right hands. I imagine copyright issues kept them from using the Stay Puft brand, or maybe they're just so desperate to show they aren't just hijacking a franchise they have no love for. Look guys! It's... Ghost... man, G-ghostboy, the guy, you know, the one we all know and love, here he is, oh boy, what a franchise, huh?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I tell you guys, every now and then I love a good shit rant.  :laugh:

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 22, 2016, 02:42:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HEg98daik

I tell you guys, every now and done I love a good shit rant.  :laugh:
I liked the trailers for this movie,
i even laughed hard at the black womans jokes.
And ive seen the first Ghostbuster movies a thousand times.

I would probably gonna see this one and i probably gonna enjoy it.
Alpha is ranting like the rest because his Youtube buddies Mike Matei and James Rolfe also hate on this movie,
but i dont see it i dont see the hate.
Ive seen the last Star Trek trailer and it sucks so much ass, same as X-men trailer and the Turtles finally look what it should look the first time, im not for the all female cast, but the hate is totally bullshit.
And f**k Alpha Omega Sin and his pussy rant he is just another sheep in the herd.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed