Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,775 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Novak 1334 on May 18, 2016, 03:06:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktnpEiEoiI

Better than the first trailer, but it still looks weak

Still looks terrible, Slimer looks awful and the humour is weak as hell.

'We don't want mass hysteria', oh I see what you did there, lame.

If this had nothing to do with the iconic franchise then I'd say it looks like dumb fun, but the fact this is the next Ghostbusters movie is depressing.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

It' beat for beat a rehash of the first movie.  The jokes aren't landing at all.  A race joke and a selfie joke, that was supposed to be the 'funny' moments in the trailer.  I've watched it eight times now, and every time I watch it, it looks worse

Magegg

Magegg

It's supposed to be the concept adapted for a new audience (tweens, I guess). We're simply not the target audience.

The original GB duology was an organic product and a lightning in a bottle. I don't think it would be a good idea to try to re-create the thing for all of us that enjoyed the movie during our youth.

But it's not a bad idea to try to "repackage it" as a spin-off-y thing. As long as manchilds can mature and let that "THEY'RE RAEPING MY CHILDHOOD!" "ALL PRODUCTS SHOULD BE AIMED AT MEEEE!!" thing go, that's the decision of the company. Let's see if its new product can catch the audience they expect.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Magegg on May 18, 2016, 04:27:43 PM
It's supposed to be the concept adapted for a new audience (tweens, I guess). We're simply not the target audience.

The original GB duology was an organic product and a lightning in a bottle. I don't think it would be a good idea to try to re-create the thing for all of us that enjoyed the movie during our youth.

But it's not a bad idea to try to "repackage it" as a spin-off-y thing. As long as manchilds can mature and let that "THEY'RE RAEPING MY CHILDHOOD!" "ALL PRODUCTS SHOULD BE AIMED AT MEEEE!!" thing go, that's the decision of the company. Let's see if its new product can catch the audience they expect.

So completely alienate the audience of the original.  And they wonder why so much hate has been levelled at this movie.  And it isn't a spin off, it's a remake

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I was about to concede that but for one huge issue, the jokes are geared at older folks. You gonna need a bigger boat? The race jokes? That's not all that big a deal with kids and tweens. This movie is coming off more as a middle age chick flick.

You know, I don't think they even know who their audience is.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 18, 2016, 11:49:56 PM
I was about to concede that but for one huge issue, the jokes are geared at older folks. You gonna need a bigger boat? The race jokes? That's not all that big a deal with kids and tweens. This movie is coming off more as a middle age chick flick.

You know, I don't think they even know who their audience is.

They do.  Anita Sarkeesian

Hubbs

Hubbs

They've targeted the movie at the younger modern generation obviously. Unfortunately the younger modern generation wouldn't know a good movie if it painted itself pink and Morris danced around in front of them, slapping them repeatedly across the face wearing nothing but a latex gimp mask.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I actually like the ghosts, the rest of it doesn't do anything for me. Not as a Ghostbuster film anyway.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The effects looked great in IMAX 3D... didn't help anything else.

Hubbs

Hubbs

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Hubbs on May 19, 2016, 03:32:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ

That's just embarrassing. These Internet "critics" are pathetic. They have no credibility, especially the ones who think they actually have.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

James Rolfe is a well respected YouTube critic.  He made his point fairly and respectfully.  How is that pathetic?

genocyber

genocyber

People attacking a guy who simply has no interest to see a remake of a movie he liked (shocking, I know!) need to f**k right off. It's worse than children.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

YouTube critic. You answered it yourself. Click baiters, that's all they pretty much are. This video is completely pointless, using a bandwagon to further his channel. I don't blame him, it works, but doesn't command respect when it comes to his actual reviews. I've agreed with some of his reviews but that doesn't matter when he puts out bollocks like this.

genocyber

genocyber

So if your popular then having an opinion means your being a shill? Get out of here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed