Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,584 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: frenchfries on Mar 03, 2016, 11:47:12 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 03, 2016, 11:15:35 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 03, 2016, 10:17:34 PM
This trailer (and film) is being destroyed everywhere, literately everyone dislikes it. 48K dislikes for the trailer so far!!

But how much is that because of the trailer. It's not a great trailer but I think the down votes have alot to do with the female direction. The film is basically become a poster child for feminism and anti-feminism.

And to the guy who says Feig is a hack, that's just stupid.
Pretty much what i was thinking.

I'm the guy who said Feig is a hack, he really is.  He's trying to be smart by writing female central movies, (which I have no problem with) Look at Bridesmaids, should have been a 'girl power' movie which is a good idea, but all it did was take what Judd Apatow has done and remove the male chromosomes.  Gross out humour.  As for this, Mcarthey will have at least eight weight jokes, Wieg will be quirky and weird, Chris Hemsworth in a tight vest.  This film will be an abortion, they recycled an Exorcist joke!!!  Who wrote the script?  The f**king Wayans brothers?!!!

Alien³

Alien³

Looks like fun. I'll reserve judgement until the film is released.

I wonder if its linked to the first 2? If so why call it Ghostbusters? Not Ghostbusters 3. :-\

It's like if they made a prequel to The Thing and called it The Thing....oh wait.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 04, 2016, 10:19:00 AM
Looks like fun. I'll reserve judgement until the film is released.

I wonder if its linked to the first 2? If so why call it Ghostbusters? Not Ghostbusters 3. :-\

It's like if they made a prequel to The Thing and called it The Thing....oh wait.
I have this feeling of insanity when I read "looks like fun". I understand that the effects aren't yet done and there's a lot of clean up to get finished but how the hell did you arrive at "looks like fun"? I was actually holding out hope that they would be able to deliver but that trailer was passionless.

It's appears to be a near literal remake of the original that takes place 30 years after said original. So it's a sequel-remake-rehash-reboot. If such a thing makes any goddamn sense. It is Ghostbusters 3. Wait why does everything smell like copper?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Yeah, if it wasn't for the titles near the start of the trailer, I'd have said it looks like a loose-ish remake. I'm with Alien3 though, trailer looked alright to me, withholding judgement until it's out (unless critical reception is dire I'll probably be seeing it).

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 04, 2016, 05:36:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9NdSGka9EM

My favourite comment:

"If they were all men, this would just be an Adam Sandler movie."

So accurate...

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 04, 2016, 11:06:26 AM
but how the hell did you arrive at "looks like fun"?

Just my initial reaction man. Trailers can be deceptive, not all jokes, scenes etc seen in trailers makes it to the final product so it might change. Might.

This is a better trailer.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

>random jokes unrelated to anything
>ghosts
>science babble
>naming the technology
>Slimer is present

Looks like Ghostbusters to me.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 04, 2016, 04:49:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDXpOX0Cp0

The editing differs...but the main reason why it is better: it shows less, it cuts pretty much everything, almost 2 minutes :D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Better, indeed!

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Just my initial reaction man. Trailers can be deceptive, not all jokes, scenes etc seen in trailers makes it to the final product so it might change. Might.

Wow that's the trailer they should have shown...it actually makes me want to see it.

Sabby

Sabby

Already Cracked and Buzzfeed are trying to portray the negative reception as 'sexist assholes who don't like female casts'.

Or... or... hear me out... maybe people are mad because someone thought all the reboot needed was a gender swap without an understanding of the humor, or the tone, or anything about Ghostbusters that made it good in the first place. If you really think you can sell a film on the gender of the cast alone, that's textbook pandering.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Mar 04, 2016, 06:09:44 PM

The editing differs...but the main reason why it is better: it shows less, it cuts pretty much everything, almost 2 minutes :D
Yep gotta agree that was a better trailer for those exact reasons.  :laugh:

I understand that sometimes a good movie can have a really shitty trailer. The first BvS trailer in my opinion was awful, for example. However this trailer was so not funny and stereotypical as heck.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Mar 04, 2016, 05:22:20 PM
>ghosts
>science babble
>naming the technology
>Slimer is present

So much wrong with this reply  -_-

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 05, 2016, 03:12:01 AM
Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Mar 04, 2016, 05:22:20 PM
>ghosts
>science babble
>naming the technology
>Slimer is present

So much wrong with this reply  -_-

He's a troll, he says stuff like this purely for the reaction.

Except I am not a troll and those were my actual thoughts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed