Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,770 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

This looks f**king awful.  Unfunny jokes, awful CGI and given the whole 'racism in hollywood' thing going we have the black character who might aswell be mowing the lawn saying 'me don't know about science and stuff mister'

Feig is a talentless hack

Valaquen

Valaquen

The ghost designs might be fun. But eh. Hopefully the film has better jokes than these; I doubt they'll make anything remotely as fresh and funny as the original, but that's probably been said already :P

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DisneyBlu;11941663www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

It has more dislikes than likes lol! I actually feel sorry for this movie now.

Impressions...

1. Effects actually look bad! worse than the original films, how is that possible?

2. Looks woefully unfunny.

3. Is this a reboot or sequel?? It hints at being a sequel at the start.

4. Clearly using all the same ideas and beats, almost identically (the head device that was used on Louis Tully, Ecto 1 setup etc...)

5. Overall it looks pretty bad.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Am I the only person who looked the ghosts? They're the best thing in the trailer. They look fun, the CGI isn't ground breaking but good enough.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Dude they're just CGI transparent people, the 84 movie effects are far superior.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Well the 84 film had great effects in general. I don't think you can criticise this film for the design of the ghosts. They all look like Ghostbusters ghosts. Thats kinda what matters to me. Slimer looks like dog shit though.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I think it looks fun. Some of the jokes aren't working for me, but it seems to be a trailer-editing issue. The actresses look charismatic, the effects look good. Story looks a bit familiar.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 03, 2016, 04:34:17 PM
Dude they're just CGI transparent people, the 84 movie effects are far superior.

And the designs in the oldies were brilliant. Disappointed to see them try to recreate the library ghost. That thing still freaks me out. So did the electrocuted brothers from GB2.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The delivery is sort of there, but nowhere close to the original film's cast. The script definitely isn't. The game from a few years ago even did the 'characters are possessed' thing better.

I'm actually quite astonished at how obnoxious some of the stereotyping is in execution. Look at Winston. He could have been virtually any ethnicity. We liked him because he was a charismatic blue collar guy who called a spade a spade - none of that had anything to do with the his skin colour. There's a black character in this and she's the exact opposite - a superficial understanding of her ethnicity seems to be informing how she acts and talks, rather than being incidental.

For obvious reasons, a number of female friends of mine on social media were looking forward to this, but even those who've bought into the hype are feeling very WTF about that character's portrayal.

There was something I couldn't quite put my finger on, in regards to the special effects... They feel on a par to what the live-action 'Scooby Doo' films exhibited, because these feel heavily stylised, but then I realised something else about why they felt off.

In the original, Slimer was quite stylised, but that's understandable, because it was providing some spectral comedy relief. The others were different - especially when you look back at the concept art for the various entities. Terror dogs, librarian ghost, the skeletal taxi driver - they all had a certain aesthetic to them and were there to provide a more deliberate horror undertone to the visuals.

Then it clicked... I don't know why, but it seems obvious that the production team aren't going back to those designs for inspiration - they're going back to the 'Real Ghostbusters' cartoon for inspiration!

Seriously. Compare and contrast. The ghost/monster designs we're seeing here fit right in with what we typically saw in the cartoon. It's a very different artistic and design approach. Would be interested in why they went down that route for the creature designs.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Not as terrible as I was expecting but still pretty bad. Will pass on this.

frenchfries

frenchfries

trailers tend to have a trend of ruining comedy scenes but i'm actually looking forward to this. I saw the movie spy recently and that gives me some faith that this will rock.

Hubbs

Hubbs

This trailer (and film) is being destroyed everywhere, literately everyone dislikes it. 48K dislikes for the trailer so far!!

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

The ghosts look pretty cool, gives me a haunted mansion vibe (NO NOT THE MOVIE). Everything else... I'll pass

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 03, 2016, 10:17:34 PM
This trailer (and film) is being destroyed everywhere, literately everyone dislikes it. 48K dislikes for the trailer so far!!

But how much is that because of the trailer. It's not a great trailer but I think the down votes have alot to do with the female direction. The film is basically become a poster child for feminism and anti-feminism.

And to the guy who says Feig is a hack, that's just stupid.

frenchfries

frenchfries

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 03, 2016, 11:15:35 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 03, 2016, 10:17:34 PM

But how much is that because of the trailer. It's not a great trailer but I think the down votes have alot to do with the female direction. The film is basically become a poster child for feminism and anti-feminism.

And to the guy who says Feig is a hack, that's just stupid.
Pretty much what i was thinking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed