Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,694 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

SURE SIGN OF QUALITY CASTING.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

If you follow/know her you'd know she's been tweeting like that since she had twitter. Trace back through the tweets and find the guy who was calling her a gorilla. Thats where it started. Is it unprofessional to respond, maybe, but remember the cast have had to put up with it since they were announced.

As for her behaviour it has nothing to do with the quality of the film.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I agree, but I'm afraid the actress should be above all that, be mature and ignore it. Don't allow business to become personal. Having a huge profanity laden rant against fans on twitter isn't gonna help her or the movie, in fact it will probably make things much worse. Judging by reactions to her tweets it has made things worse.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

It doesn't mean as much as you think. Especially with this film most people have their minds made up. She could have taken it on the chin but thats not use style. Ben Affleck is good example, fanboys were crushing him when he was announced as Batman but now he's the main draw for most people. Still respect her for stepping up though. It must have been hell for the cast these past few months.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Dec 19, 2015, 05:40:24 AM
It doesn't mean as much as you think. Especially with this film most people have their minds made up. She could have taken it on the chin but thats not use style. Ben Affleck is good example, fanboys were crushing him when he was announced as Batman but now he's the main draw for most people. Still respect her for stepping up though. It must have been hell for the cast these past few months.

Meh, I disagree, they are professional people, they get paid well, they should know how to handle this kinda thing.

In the real world, if you work with the general public, you often get a lot of sh*t, but you never take it personally and never react. You ignore it and move on, if you react in a bad way, you could find yourself out of a job very quickly and easily. Bottom line you just gotta be the bigger person and ignore it, that may sounds weak but (in the real world) if you value your job, you have to.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

In the real world if your work with the public it's normally a respected position where you wouldn't be racially insulted, and these tweets were personal. It's a completely different level and it can't be compared to what us norms do, so why should she act like it. She isn't going to lose her job over it, if anything people will love her more.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Dec 19, 2015, 06:26:22 AM
In the real world if your work with the public it's normally a respected position where you wouldn't be racially insulted, and these tweets were personal. It's a completely different level and it can't be compared to what us norms do, so why should she act like it. She isn't going to lose her job over it, if anything people will love her more.

Dude, really, if you work with the public chances are you'll get verbally abused in every manner trust me, sometimes assaulted also, trust me. It can be extremely personal, but you have to be the bigger person, if you react badly chances are you'll lose your job no matter what position you have (unless you have absolute proof from witnesses/CCTV or you are defending yourself).

And that's my point, she won't lose her job exactly, rich movie stars have nothing to worry about, hence they should behave better, they are practically role models to many and have a responsibility (like sports stars). Just because she is rich and famous doesn't give her the right to act badly or say whatever she wants, especially on social media for all to see, including kids. Most regular people (us) would lose our jobs, so we have to behave and act better.

Magegg

Magegg

LOL, she was probably drunk XDD

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And just because she is rich and famous, it doesn't give people the right to insult her like they have and without any response - especially racially motivated insults. I don't believe anyone should have to take it on the chin. Not when it comes to being personally attacked.

The sense of entitlement that this world seems to think it has. "I know, this actor is in a film that I'm pissed off about them recasting as all-female. Oh now, what a diaster. I'm angry at this. I'm going to insult her. Oh, and she's black? Then I'll just throw in some comment about the colour of her skin too. That'll do a treat."

f**king idiots.

Magegg

Magegg

Yeah, trolling and bullying an actor just for doing a movie, that's really douchey.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2015, 08:58:59 AM
And just because she is rich and famous, it doesn't give people the right to insult her like they have and without any response - especially raced motivated insults. I don't believe anyone should have to take it on the chin. Not when it comes to being personally attacked.

The sense of entitlement that this world seems to think it has. "I know, this actor is in a film that I'm pissed off about them recasting as all-female. Oh now, what a diaster. I'm angry at this. I'm going to insult her. Oh, and she's black? Then I'll just throw in some comment about the colour of her skin too. That'll do a treat."

f**king idiots.

The amount of vitriol these actresses have been receiving is disgusting. It's just a f**king movie at the end of the day.

Can't blame her for responding in the manner she did, though I'm not shocked to see some use it as an excuse to throw further shade.

ace3g

ace3g

x-M-x

x-M-x

christ... this is gonna BOMB lol

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I don't think I've ever cared any less about anything, than this embarrassment.  At least Rebel 'I'm fat, it's funny because I say it' Wilson isn't in it

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

People are just assholes. The main reason they're being picked on is because they're not ultra hot sexy women. However that tweet call out didn't help any with racial stereotypes. A large black women using the term bitch isn't helping. Then again that is what they do... hey just pointing out the obvious.

Still I can't help but think that this movie is going to blow major chunks. It looks god awful... but hell just look at what they did with the posters, they sexy'd up what you could see with photoshop and focused on the tech. Seriously, any of you who think those were good posters should feel a little ashamed but it worked didn't it.

Deep inside, I think the movie will not be that bad. Call it hollywood magic but it'll be as decent as Jurassic World was.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed