Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,540 times)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 09, 2015, 10:16:40 PM
Russo Brothers To Helm Male-Led GHOSTBUSTERS Movie From IRON MAN 3 Writer

QuoteSome longtime Ghostbusters fans weren't sure how to feel when it was revealed that Paul Feig would be helming a female-led reboot of the franchise, but it turns out that that movie is just the tip of the iceberg. Sony are setting up a new production company - "Ghost Corps" - which will include Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd to create a whole new series of Ghostbusters movies. The first of these has scored some major talent, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo set to direct and produce, while Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3, Mission: Impossible 5) will write. Meanwhile, Channing Tatum will produce and star if all goes to plan.

"We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment," Reitman tells Deadline. "This is a branded entertainment, a scary supernatural premise mixed with comedy. Paul Feig's film will be the first version of that, shooting in June to come out in July, 2016. He's got four of the funniest women in the world, and there will be other surprises to come. The second film has a wonderful idea that builds on that. Drew will start writing and the hope is to be ready for the Russo Brothers' next window next summer to shoot, with the movie coming out the following hear. It's just the beginning of what I hope will be a lot of wonderful movies." Feig's movie comes first and will star Kristen Wiig. Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=116423

Well that is just awesome  8)
If it's true about them directing the Infinity Wars, how in the hell will they have the time?

And Channing Tatum is a horrible choice. Ugh

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Umm.

What.

Magegg

Magegg

I'll wait until the Scooby Doo crossover movie, as well as the version with the gorilla and the Mythbusters young adult fantasy spin-off.

What's next? Vampirebusters? Bring it on.

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Mar 09, 2015, 10:22:03 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Mar 09, 2015, 10:16:40 PM
Russo Brothers To Helm Male-Led GHOSTBUSTERS Movie From IRON MAN 3 Writer

QuoteSome longtime Ghostbusters fans weren't sure how to feel when it was revealed that Paul Feig would be helming a female-led reboot of the franchise, but it turns out that that movie is just the tip of the iceberg. Sony are setting up a new production company - "Ghost Corps" - which will include Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd to create a whole new series of Ghostbusters movies. The first of these has scored some major talent, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo set to direct and produce, while Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3, Mission: Impossible 5) will write. Meanwhile, Channing Tatum will produce and star if all goes to plan.

"We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment," Reitman tells Deadline. "This is a branded entertainment, a scary supernatural premise mixed with comedy. Paul Feig's film will be the first version of that, shooting in June to come out in July, 2016. He's got four of the funniest women in the world, and there will be other surprises to come. The second film has a wonderful idea that builds on that. Drew will start writing and the hope is to be ready for the Russo Brothers' next window next summer to shoot, with the movie coming out the following hear. It's just the beginning of what I hope will be a lot of wonderful movies." Feig's movie comes first and will star Kristen Wiig. Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=116423

Well that is just awesome  8)
If it's true about them directing the Infinity Wars, how in the hell will they have the time?

And Channing Tatum is a horrible choice. Ugh

I'm guessing the'yll make Civil war filming this year for release in 2016, then Ghostbusters film in 2016 to release in 2017, then Infinity War in 2017 to release in 2018, although they have never officially signed for Infinity War, they are just the front runners.

Magegg

Magegg

I'm pretty sure the Russos are some Marvel Studios infiltrates whose mission is to fill Sony's head with stupid ideas so they bomb yet again and Disney can buy Spider-Man's rights back.

Hubbs

Hubbs

This news is going down like a lead balloon almost everywhere.

Keg

Keg

Eh? This is confusing as f**k? So is this one in continuity with the first 2 films and separate to the female lead Ghostbusters? Or is it connected to that one or its own thing not related to either? This is all a bit strange.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Keg on Mar 10, 2015, 05:07:30 PM
Eh? This is confusing as f**k? So is this one in continuity with the first 2 films and separate to the female lead Ghostbusters? Or is it connected to that one or its own thing not related to either? This is all a bit strange.
Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe.

MudButt

MudButt

Chris Pratt is rumored to star. WHAT A SURPRISE.

good for him though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 10, 2015, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: Keg on Mar 10, 2015, 05:07:30 PM
Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe.

Pretty much. But i think the original films exist outside of this new continuity.

But what do I know? I doubt Sony even knows. My head hurts.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 10, 2015, 05:17:09 PM
Chris Pratt is rumored to star. WHAT A SURPRISE.

good for him though.
A MUCH better choice than Tatum at least. I hear he's still in it though  >:(

Chris Pratt's style of humor definitely compliments this type of movie much more than Tatums.

MudButt

MudButt

I found Tatum to be quite enjoyable and charismatic in the Jump Street movies as well as Magic Mike. He gets better as an actor in each film, hell, he probably would've got an Oscar nomination for Foxcatcher but sadly he had Carell and Ruffalo to compete against.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Channing Tatum's basically the new Ben Affleck - good looking guy who's underrated as an actor by film fans. He'll probably direct the Best Picture winner in 2019 (if you count Dear John as his Gigli).

He's fantastic in Foxcatcher, as are the other two main actors. I thought Carell was actually the least impressive of the core trio, but he's so plainly playing against type that he made the most obvious choice for nomination I guess.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 10, 2015, 10:06:37 PM
Channing Tatum's basically the new Ben Affleck - good looking guy who's underrated as an actor by film fans. He'll probably direct the Best Picture winner in 2019 (if you count Dear John as his Gigli).

He's fantastic in Foxcatcher, as are the other two main actors. I thought Carell was actually the least impressive of the core trio, but he's so plainly playing against type that he made the most obvious choice for nomination I guess.

I agree, not that I don't think Carell did good, he gave a great performance, but had it not been for the prosthetic add-ons he probably would've never received a nomination. Tatum was great though, he's really proven himself lately, and I have a feeling his career is only going to get better. People just think of his early films, the teen-romantic dramas that make some profit but are full of cliches. I think of his later work as a comedic and dramatic actor. If he gets the role in Ghostbusters 3 then I'm all for it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 10, 2015, 10:10:40 PMI agree

Ahhhhhh. *Reaches for the hand lotion*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed