Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,549 times)

Magegg

TBH, the actual good thing about the original movies were the characters. If they are going to be entirely new characters for the next movie, then who the f**k cares? It could be some really big turd like the Alien vs Predator movies, basically cannibalizing the 'mythology' set by their predecesors and just trying to milk the franchise.

I don't think the title will be "Ghostbusters 3", then, probably it's just going to be titled "Ghostbusters", the title would be "Las Cazafantasmas" in my country, then xD

Nightmare Asylum

Ehhhhh.

First Blood

There is probably a 99.9% chance Melissa McCarthy is going to be in this. And there is a 99.9% chance I wont watch because of that.

Nightmare Asylum

I just really hate the way the seem to be approaching it. "Oh, we don't know exactly what we're doing yet but it will be so cool! Like a superhero movie, where we start from scratch kinda sorta! Guys, look, it's Ghostbusters while totally not being Ghostbusters but still definitely being Ghostbusters!"

I hope for the best, I really do, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

BANE

BANE

Plus women ain't funny so...

Yeah.

Jango1201

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 10, 2014, 07:23:03 PM
There is probably a 99.9% chance Melissa McCarthy is going to be in this. And there is a 99.9% chance I wont watch because of that.

As soon as she mentioned females she was the first one to come to mind. I think she is pretty funny but it always feels like she never has any room to move her characters about freely.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Jango1201 on Oct 10, 2014, 10:13:31 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Oct 10, 2014, 07:23:03 PM
she never has any room to move her characters about freely.
She has that problem in real life too I think.

First Blood

:D

Cvalda

Cvalda

It was going to suck with a bunch of fat senior dudes reprising characters they left behind over twenty five years ago, anyway. So nothing's really changed. ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦

Quote from: BANE on Oct 10, 2014, 10:03:32 PM

Yeah.
So what's your excuse, then? :)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 10, 2014, 10:30:30 PM
Quote from: BANE on Oct 10, 2014, 10:03:32 PM

Yeah.
So what's your excuse, then? :)

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 10, 2014, 09:46:32 PM
I just really hate the way the seem to be approaching it. "Oh, we don't know exactly what we're doing yet but it will be so cool! Like a superhero movie, where we start from scratch kinda sorta! Guys, look, it's Ghostbusters while totally not being Ghostbusters but still definitely being Ghostbusters!"

I hope for the best, I really do, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

Yea, I am not fond of their approach, it just really rubs me the wrong way. A part of me hopes I'm wrong about this movie but again my confidence is low.

Talking about Ghostbusters in general though got me to listen to the theme and some of the soundtrack.

First Blood

It was going to suck with a bunch of fat senior dudes reprising characters they left behind over twenty five years ago, anyway. So nothing's really changed. ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦

You're crazy. It was going to the Expendables of Ghostbuster films.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 10, 2014, 10:41:31 PM

You're crazy. It was going to the Expendables of Ghostbuster films.

Holy crap I just imagined the whole Expendables crew with Ghostbusters uniforms and proton packs.  :laugh:

Vertigo

Arnold would have to be substituting for Rick Moranis.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Omegazilla on Oct 10, 2014, 03:36:35 PM
Female Ghostbusters and NO Katee Sackhoff whatsoever.

You mis-spelt 'Claudia Black' - who has enough talent and comic timing to be a perfect fit for this. Never really seen KS do any convincing comedy stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed