Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,426 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 27, 2013, 09:02:40 PM
Spoiler
[close]

hehe that sequence was always cut when shown on TV when I was a kid. Brilliant bit though :laugh:

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 27, 2013, 08:19:39 PM
You can't have Fillion as a Ghostbuster!! this is suppose to be a bunch of quirky, wacky, regular Joe oddballs that don't look like movie stars, they look like blue collar workers doing a mundane job. Fillion is a good looking heroic young Han Solo type guy, that's not the type of guy for this film jesus!. Its not about good looking buff blokes running around with gleaming white teeth and being generally superheroic, may as well cast Cruise, Pitt, Depp and Clooney if you want that. Glad some of you don't make big decisions  ::)

Same goes for having a female member, that would inevitably bring along the cliched sexy Ghostbuster angle with tight outfits and lame feminist gags. Plus you know they would use someone like Megan Fox to attract all the teen males.

Maybe have a female join the regular four during the film as a recruit which two of the team have reservations about...kind thing, but not one of the four.

THIS. Love Fillion, but he'd be a terrible choice as a GB. Well, not terrible. I can kinda see it. But it wouldn't feel right.

If the newer Ghost Busters aren't youngsters, I would like to see Rainn Wilson as one. It's kind of hard to picture him out of his Dwight role, but I know he could make a great character in this franchise.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Rainn Wilson...that's a good call :) I could see that.

Magegg

Why not a Ghostbusters x Portal crossover?

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

If he truly is back to stay and this movie does wind up happening his return is a must.

LarsVader

Keg

Keg

Danny McBride has to be in this.

That is all.

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Keg on May 09, 2013, 07:39:42 PM
Danny McBride has to be in this.

That is all.

Hell yes.

Xenomorphine

Fillion, I could buy as a Venkman-esque character. I stress esque, however, because a lot of that character's charm was the Sigourney-ad-libbed line of him seeming like a game show host. He's slick and sleazy, but with the lazy charisma to make up for it. Fillion's too handsome for that.

And while I don't have any problems with female characters in the mix, they'd have to be like Janine. Someone who isn't an obvious sex symbol. Or else, you just wonder why there isn't a ton of sexual tension/frustration going on with her male colleagues.

Or maybe have a female character as the Venkman role, which would be interesting. Someone with a Janeane Garofalo or Sarah Silverman sort of personality, who's in charge of the group. But as I say, if she has sex symbol looks, like Megan Fox, the sexual tension stuff would creep in. A big part of what made the Ghostbusters dynamic work is that they're like a brotherhood. A fraternity. You need a sibling-like feel for the characters and anything along the lines of sexual attraction is going to screw around with that (no pun intended).

The game which came out on PC totally kicked all kinds of ass, though. I fell in love with that thing and the story was great. All the Ivo Shandor stuff, especially and having the original cast voicing it just made the entire thing perfect.

cloverfan98

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 11, 2013, 02:06:15 AM
Fillion, I could buy as a Venkman-esque character. I stress esque, however, because a lot of that character's charm was the Sigourney-ad-libbed line of him seeming like a game show host. He's slick and sleazy, but with the lazy charisma to make up for it. Fillion's too handsome for that.

And while I don't have any problems with female characters in the mix, they'd have to be like Janine. Someone who isn't an obvious sex symbol. Or else, you just wonder why there isn't a ton of sexual tension/frustration going on with her male colleagues.

Or maybe have a female character as the Venkman role, which would be interesting. Someone with a Janeane Garofalo or Sarah Silverman sort of personality, who's in charge of the group. But as I say, if she has sex symbol looks, like Megan Fox, the sexual tension stuff would creep in. A big part of what made the Ghostbusters dynamic work is that they're like a brotherhood. A fraternity. You need a sibling-like feel for the characters and anything along the lines of sexual attraction is going to screw around with that (no pun intended).

The game which came out on PC totally kicked all kinds of ass, though. I fell in love with that thing and the story was great. All the Ivo Shandor stuff, especially and having the original cast voicing it just made the entire thing perfect.

Really well said! I'm weary of the idea of a female GB mainly cause when ever you see most people talk about future GB films an teams they say just throw in a hot girl. I hate that. Any one read the ongoing series from IDW? Really great stuff. However they have replaced the original GB team with Jamie and 3 other new characters.

Magegg

No girls please.

Ghostbuster was all male, deadpan, FTW

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 16, 2013, 01:42:56 AM
No girls please.

Ghostbuster was all male, deadpan, FTW

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed