Favourite Stephen King adaptations?

Started by gameoverman, Jul 09, 2008, 04:37:41 PM

Author
Favourite Stephen King adaptations? (Read 15,807 times)

StrangeShape

I changed my mind a lot about King when I saw what HIS vision is. Maxium Overdirve, 97 The Shining...and most of the adaptations where he is heavily involved and writes screenplays for. Theyre all like Nickelodeon halloween shows. The adaptations of his stories are imo far superior to how he envisions it (Most of the time). Heck, I myself invisioned most of his books as much more terrifying and scary than what he does in his own projects, and thats coming from an old big King fan who read most of his books. Best example is Shining. Im still disturbed and terrified by Kubrick's version. The heartbeat in some scenes, the dread, the mysteries, the cheeling noises, the feel etc. The 97 Shining I like and own on dvd but it feels like a fun halloween ghost movie for teenagers

x2SMONEY

Quote from: StrangeShape on Oct 02, 2011, 05:52:26 PM
I changed my mind a lot about King when I saw what HIS vision is. Maxium Overdirve, 97 The Shining...and most of the adaptations where he is heavily involved and writes screenplays for. Theyre all like Nickelodeon halloween shows. The adaptations of his stories are imo far superior to how he envisions it (Most of the time). Heck, I myself invisioned most of his books as much more terrifying and scary than what he does in his own projects, and thats coming from an old big King fan who read most of his books. Best example is Shining. Im still disturbed and terrified by Kubrick's version. The heartbeat in some scenes, the dread, the mysteries, the cheeling noises, the feel etc. The 97 Shining I like and own on dvd but it feels like a fun halloween ghost movie for teenagers
I like the Shining miniseries better than the Kubrick film

Valaquen

Diff'rent strokes, diff'rent folks.

TheMonolith

King himself says Maximum Overdrive is bad.

StrangeShape

genocyber

I liked Night Flier

Valaquen

Quote from: TheMonolith on Oct 02, 2011, 11:25:55 PM
King himself says Maximum Overdrive is bad.
He was coked out his head when he filmed it and was sued for almost killing someone.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I love the new Scream cover

I want this in my house framed. If anyone ever stumbles upon prints of this artwork for sale, let me know

StrangeShape

Bought this issue yesterday. It has a nice article on both versions and the book, but the author of the article is a King fan who wrote books about Kings work in the past and it shows. Hes quite harsh on Kubrick's version and mostly praisful of the miniseries

Bat Chain Puller

Of his horror stories I actually really enjoyed Cujo. The Shining took on a new life through Kubrick's lens. Otherwise it's Shawshank, Stand By Me, and the Myst. 

Quote from: genocyber on Oct 03, 2011, 01:24:22 AM
I liked Night Flier

Best Villain Reveal in a Public Restroom scene EVAH!

newbeing

1- Shawshank Redemption
2 - Delores Clayborn
3 - The Mist (up until the horrible ending)
4 - IT (no where near as good as the book, but scary watching it when I was a kid)
5 - 'N' (adapted as a great web series)
6 - Storm of the Century (Not a true adaptation as it was written specifically for TV, but still a great tv movie)
7 - Salem's Lot (The Toby Hooper one)
8 - Creepshow 1 and 2
9 -Carrie

ace3g

ace3g

Tom Holland to Write and Direct Adaptation of Stephen King's THE TEN O'CLOCK PEOPLE

http://collider.com/tom-holland-the-ten-o-clock-people/171271/

Alienseseses

The Mist had an awesome ending, I don't know what you're talking about.

Probably my favorite, followed by Carrie.

Jango1201

The Running Man
The Shining
Cujo
The Green Mile
Christine
Shawshank Redemption
IT

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed