Please

Spoiler
I don't believe it sadly
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 29, 2021, 06:16:27 PM
https://twitter.com/elpaissemanal/status/1387820769284169736

Maybe it's nothing important. But this person is working on a mysterious new Ridley Scott project, made by Fox / Disney.

Huh...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Spoiler
It's for The Martian II. Matt Damon returns to Mars with his childhood sweetheart in order to COLONISE it.

Artwork by Fran Ferriz

[close]

Evanus

Evanus

I'm just gonna assume it's for something new, or maybe Merlin.

I wish they'd just come out and say what they're doing, apart from the TV show. It's been long enough  :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hell, at this point I just want to know what they're doing with the TV show.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Agreed.

Andrea90

Andrea90

Merlin or Gladiator 2 i think.

Stolen

Stolen

Definitely not Gladiator.This is a Fox-Disney project.
Merlin is still possible, but we haven't had any info for a long time. I still have my doubts to see Scott get into in a new saga.
We will surely have something new soon...

https://digismak.com/fran-ferriz-draws-the-universe-of-ridley-scott/

QuoteFerriz assumes this job "very happy and also very afraid" due to the responsibility of being the "concept artist", that is, the person in charge of illustrating and designing "everything that will appear on screen, from sets to costumes, vehicles , a spaceship or a creature so that later in each department they are in charge of making it real; anything that does not exist I have to create.

It already has dates. «My work has to be finished before the end of the year; at the beginning of 2022 they have to start setting up stages, preparing costumes, casting actors ... and if all goes well, shoot in the next year and release in early 2023 ».

This matches the dates of his film Napoleon (Apple TV).
So either Ridley is going to shoot two films next year. Either he's just a producer (maybe the Alien show?)

Bonus
Spoiler
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He mentions a "spaceship". Is he just generalizing or is that specific to this project?

Looking at his work, it's all very cartoonish. Not really someone you'd expect to be hired for something gritty and realistic. Might also be he's attached to something that Scott is producing rather than directing.

Evanus

Evanus

Yeah, this whole thing is kinda confusing to me. If you read what he says it sounds like it could be for an Alien film, but then you look at his art.. Like Eighth Passenger said, doesn't seem like the guy they'd hire for this sort of thing.

But he definitely seems to be working on a 20th Century/Disney film, with Scott involved..

Stolen

Stolen

He was selected from dozens of artists, so I think he must know how to do something other than his graphic style.
This dude is clearly committed to making a world, so chances are that is something pretty ambitious. Of course, it may have nothing to do with Alien, but we'll find out very soon.

I won't be surprised if Fox-Disney leaves a chance for Ridley Scott to wrap up his trilogy (maybe for Streaming). Basically, Scott had signed a deal to direct two films after Prometheus.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

He's got my interest either way.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 30, 2021, 08:31:25 PM
He was selected from dozens of artists, so I think he must know how to do something other than his graphic style.
This dude is clearly committed to making a world, so chances are that is something pretty ambitious. Of course, it may have nothing to do with Alien, but we'll find out very soon.

I won't be surprised if Fox-Disney leaves a chance for Ridley Scott to wrap up his trilogy (maybe for Streaming). Basically, Scott had signed a deal to direct two films after Prometheus.

Maybe is his rumored The Forever War adaptation. I hope is something related to Alien though. Which reminds me... Wasn't Scott supposed to be a producer on the next Noah Hawley series?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 03, 2021, 12:09:15 AM
Scott wasn't supposed to be a producer on the next Noah Hawley series?

At the investor conference in December he was announced as being part of it, though according to some of Hicks' sources it seems as though that announcement may have been a tad premature on FX/Disney's part.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2021, 12:14:38 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 03, 2021, 12:09:15 AM
Scott wasn't supposed to be a producer on the next Noah Hawley series?

At the investor conference in December he was announced as being part of it, though according to some of Hicks' sources it seems as though that announcement may have been a tad premature on FX/Disney's part.

Thank you for your clarification. BTW ~ What do you think the artist was hired for?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed