All Ridley Scott

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 13, 2020, 10:57:35 PM

Author
All Ridley Scott (Read 23,851 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Whenever someone mentions Emma Watts, I tend to alternate between confusing her with both Naomi Watts and Emma Watson.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking to myself "Sorry...What? Did I just woke up in an alternate reality where Emma Watson was FOX president or something?"  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Jul 03, 2020, 09:00:00 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 02, 2020, 04:31:15 PM
She wasn't "fired".
She "left" for her new Presidency of Paramount Pictures.

Yeah, there is a wee difference between leaving on one's own accord and getting the boot. But keep up the hyperbole.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2020, 02:19:25 PM
20th Century Studios' Diminished Future: "I Don't Think the Label Means Anything Anymore"

QuoteAs Emma Watts exits, Disney's former Fox unit will now be the home to some adult dramas and prebranded remakes, plus Hulu or Disney+ titles and four 'Avatar' sequels.

---

After leading a major studio, Watts realized she couldn't stomach the diminishment in power and autonomy that came with running a pared-down fiefdom within Disney, sources close to her tell The Hollywood Reporter. The executive's departure also is a blow to Hollywood's small sorority of female studio executives. Rare among majors, Fox had boasted a deep bench of powerful women in its upper ranks. In the wake of the merger, Watts joins former 20th Century Fox chairman Stacey Snider, former Fox 2000 chief Elizabeth Gabler and former Fox marketing chief Pamela Levine out the door.

Under Disney, 20th will now release about four movies a year theatrically, down from as many as six or seven, and focus equally if not more so on making content for Disney+ and Hulu. Fox's Marvel movies, such as Deadpool, now fall under Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige's purview. For Watts — who worked closely with Ryan Reynolds in bringing the Deadpool series to the big screen and also was behind the larger X-Men franchise — this meant handing over some of her prized projects.

RidleyScott99

RidleyScott99

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 03, 2020, 05:31:51 PM
Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Jul 03, 2020, 09:00:00 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 02, 2020, 04:31:15 PM
She wasn't "fired".
She "left" for her new Presidency of Paramount Pictures.

Yeah, there is a wee difference between leaving on one's own accord and getting the boot. But keep up the hyperbole.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2020, 02:19:25 PM
20th Century Studios' Diminished Future: "I Don't Think the Label Means Anything Anymore"

QuoteAs Emma Watts exits, Disney's former Fox unit will now be the home to some adult dramas and prebranded remakes, plus Hulu or Disney+ titles and four 'Avatar' sequels.

---

After leading a major studio, Watts realized she couldn't stomach the diminishment in power and autonomy that came with running a pared-down fiefdom within Disney, sources close to her tell The Hollywood Reporter. The executive's departure also is a blow to Hollywood's small sorority of female studio executives. Rare among majors, Fox had boasted a deep bench of powerful women in its upper ranks. In the wake of the merger, Watts joins former 20th Century Fox chairman Stacey Snider, former Fox 2000 chief Elizabeth Gabler and former Fox marketing chief Pamela Levine out the door.

Under Disney, 20th will now release about four movies a year theatrically, down from as many as six or seven, and focus equally if not more so on making content for Disney+ and Hulu. Fox's Marvel movies, such as Deadpool, now fall under Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige's purview. For Watts — who worked closely with Ryan Reynolds in bringing the Deadpool series to the big screen and also was behind the larger X-Men franchise — this meant handing over some of her prized projects.
You could believe that. I could believe Disney fired her and now is The President of Paramount Pictures. I don't see the Fight. Let it be.

SiL

SiL

One has evidence and one is you concocting a story in your head to prove a point that doesn't need making. That's the difference.

RidleyScott99

RidleyScott99

LIFE IN A DAY 2020. This July 25th. Produced by RIDLEY SCOTT and YOUTUBE

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

HBO Max currently has a curated list of films chosen by Ridley Scott available to stream.

QuoteExplore handpicked HBO Max favorites from the auteur behind Raised by Wolves.

All the President's Men
Badlands
Body Heat
Citizen Cane
The Exorcist
Great Expectations
Muriel's Wedding

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Where is the Outland sauceeeeeee?!!! 

Edit:  ;D

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 15, 2020, 01:21:45 AM
HBO Max currently has a curated list of films chosen by Ridley Scott available to stream.

QuoteExplore handpicked HBO Max favorites from the auteur behind Raised by Wolves.

Great Expectations

Alfonso Cuaron's movie is good. But my personal favorite is a 1999 BBC adaptation.

It even has Darth Sidious in it! 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I think he said somewhere that Muriel's Wedding was his favourite film. Haven't seen it myself.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Anyone pick up the new Ridley Scott book yet? Apparently it includes Raised by Wolves and even some information about The Last Duel and Gucci as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridley-Scott-Retrospective-Ian-Nathan/dp/0500023824/ref=sr_1_1?crid=271TMU76I648S&dchild=1&keywords=ridley+scott+a+retrospective&qid=1605456197&s=books&sprefix=ridley+scott%2Caps%2C354&sr=1-1

Ingwar

Ingwar

Resolution isn't high enough to read.

By the way, I'm tempted to but this book at some point.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Thanks, actually able to read that, though that page only deals with All the Money in the World.

Might give it a go as well.

Ridlazz921

Ridlazz921

Anything about 1492 ?
Thats one of my fav, but no info about it anywhere

Ingwar

Ingwar

1 hour and a half interview with Ian Nathan, author of Ridley Scott: A Retrospective.

https://www.perfectorganism.com/home/2020/11/24/ridley-scott-a-retrospective-interviewing-author-ian-nathan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed