Started by The Alien Predator, Jul 24, 2011, 09:18:23 PM

Author
Predator 2 ending (Read 35,817 times)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

"Take It.... ugh bloody tourists.."

DUB1

DUB1

I have the french version on VHS, and in it, the Elder says "it's yours", in french of course.

Bounds34

Bounds34

After danny glover says 1715 I swear when the elder predator turns and walks away he's saying "Loser."

blood.

blood.

Quote from: element80 on Jun 25, 2012, 07:13:10 AM
The elder tells Hannigan to "Take it" and as he walks away he says"Now get out!"

The hunter in the slaughter house when he is trying to cloak is "Now you will die" as he discovers the agents.

I don't know why but finally understanding that phrase made the whole scene 100x more sinister to me.

I think it's because it turned what was a team of faceless agents into people with lives and the predator fully understands that it is taking their life.

Oh and the elder clearly says "I'm too old for this shit"

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

We talking about when he throws the pistol to Mike, or when he turns and walks away?

I always thought he said, "Anytime..." in the latter.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jul 24, 2011, 09:18:23 PM
I was just watching Predator 2 and at the end I noticed that when the Elder hands Harrigan the gun and goes "take it" and then Harrigan says "1715" what does the Elder say to him after that? I can't understand it.

Yes... the closed caption spells out in English, "Take it." But that's followed by another word which is not included and it sounds like he says "Even".

It sounds like the elder Predator says "EVEN".

As in he trades Danny Glover the old gun, in exchange for the body of the Predator which Glover killed. So they are "even" (as for retribution).

Master

Master

I always hear "now go", which fits the ending nicely. Is there script or p2 to confirm it once and for all?

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Thanks very much for all your replies guys.

Alot of the stuff you suggested make perfect sense. It may be uncomprehensible what he says but it sure is interesting to speculate. I like the one where he was suggested to say "even" as it not only shows that they are trading something, but the Elder says that Harrigan is "even" with him for beating one of his own. He sees him as almost an equal hence giving him a reward. I also like the other suggestion of "now go" as in "gtfo before this ship blasts off", I remember in the comic adaptation he is literally pointing with his finger to the exit like "now shoo".

To be honest, I can't believe this thread is still alive. It's been ages since I was active on the forum. It means alot!   :)

System Apollo

System Apollo

In a deleted scene it suggests that the elder is actually saying "Dance."

Predator 2 - Alternate Ending (feat. Le Galaxie): http://youtu.be/pvaHZwC-qSc

But he is actually saying "Take it, Keep it."

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I love that video.  ;D

It really shows what they like to do in their free time.  :P

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: System Apollo on Oct 13, 2014, 09:58:21 AM

FINALLY, someone f**king agrees with me, jesus christ.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 15, 2014, 01:43:10 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Oct 13, 2014, 09:58:21 AM

FINALLY, someone f**king agrees with me, jesus christ.
I thought that was just accepted fact.

worldpeace

worldpeace

i still hear the word "danger"
he is letting him know that he is not safe and must leave the ship. danger.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I always thought the predator ship exploded xD

tmoldovan

tmoldovan

Pretty sure he says "you're welcome."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed