Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 65,862 times)

razeak

razeak

I think they all look great. When I first heard the spitter was in Fireteam, I was a bit disappointed it wasn't the A:CM style, but this variant is just as good.  I think myself to be a purist for the movies, but I don't care near as much for video games.  I liked all of the A:CM designs that were in the campaign too.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 10, 2021, 12:42:28 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2021, 11:18:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bA3DkwkW8
Hey I'm that "a guy on the Forums"!
I got the 11 thing from this part in the official site
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/746036595525812307/819005876911996938/unknown.png
What I interpreted from this is that the 11 are the Hugger, the Praetorian and everything in between the 2, which would make the Queen and anything bigger than a Praetorian are out of the 11, or maybe it's just silly wording and I'm setting myself up for disappointment

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 09, 2021, 11:07:10 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 09, 2021, 10:18:06 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 09, 2021, 10:12:49 PM
Not the best Praetorian design but I will try to stay positive.

As a connoisseur of praetorians, which one do you like the most?

Still yet to appear one design that I give 10/10 like I do for the Original Alien design for the average alien. Heck I need to draw one the way I think they should look like.

But overrall the ones in AVP2 (2001) were my favorites, the bipedal look, the standing up posture in movement instead of the animal dog like others had, the armored look of their Exo/Mesoskeleton and their size. Didn't like the blue tone on them much, I prefer all Aliens pure black but there are skin mods to fix that:

Not a fan of the chicken legs though, but it seems like an obligatory feature for any Praetorian apperances.

AVP Classic ones were too small and stayed too much on fours. AVP 2010 ones were maybe little too big and I didn't like when they did that pounce attack on four legs but the biomechanical look on their design was good, liked the idea of them being able to spit acid at long range. The Spitter from ACM had a Praetorian head look, with the right body one could make great Praetorian design with that.

The ones in AVP Extinction and Evolution were just fine, AVP Requiem game meh. Might have been some comic apperances but apart from the "praetomorph" from Defiance which was okay I don't remember how they looked.

The AVP2010 Praetorian looks like an HD updated version of the AVP2 design when you put them next to each other.

And as Spinelli pointed out, the new Praetorian design already borrows from the Spitter design, with the addition of the Raven from what it seems like the arms and dome, and hybridized it with the AVP2010 with their own additional tweaks. I do like the new look, as it shows raw power and size that sell the Royal Guard look. Drones and even Warriors may take you for hosting new xenos, but this Preatorian will straight up rip you arms off instead and I welcome this new heavy hitter.

I do agree that I want my black shade back. While I like me dark blues and yes the first xeno was a dark brown but traditional black should have its place again. Looking at the chest, the glowing part seems like both were the acid projectile comes from and perhaps a weak point?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 09, 2021, 06:35:16 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 09, 2021, 05:44:59 PM
Arcturians confirmed! Wooohooo!

Arcturians only as cyberpunk trans people or gtfo

If Aliens: Phalanx was set in a space medieval world, someone can make a book about an utopian / distopian world whose inhabitants live in a cyber/bio-punk colony, were people use the tech at hand to have fun with their sex & gender.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2021, 11:18:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bA3DkwkW8

There is an article on the way focused on Engineer environments? Cool  8)

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 10, 2021, 05:44:52 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 09, 2021, 11:07:10 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 09, 2021, 10:18:06 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 09, 2021, 10:12:49 PM
Not the best Praetorian design but I will try to stay positive.

As a connoisseur of praetorians, which one do you like the most?

Still yet to appear one design that I give 10/10 like I do for the Original Alien design for the average alien. Heck I need to draw one the way I think they should look like.

But overrall the ones in AVP2 (2001) were my favorites, the bipedal look, the standing up posture in movement instead of the animal dog like others had, the armored look of their Exo/Mesoskeleton and their size. Didn't like the blue tone on them much, I prefer all Aliens pure black but there are skin mods to fix that:

Not a fan of the chicken legs though, but it seems like an obligatory feature for any Praetorian apperances.

AVP Classic ones were too small and stayed too much on fours. AVP 2010 ones were maybe little too big and I didn't like when they did that pounce attack on four legs but the biomechanical look on their design was good, liked the idea of them being able to spit acid at long range. The Spitter from ACM had a Praetorian head look, with the right body one could make great Praetorian design with that.

The ones in AVP Extinction and Evolution were just fine, AVP Requiem game meh. Might have been some comic apperances but apart from the "praetomorph" from Defiance which was okay I don't remember how they looked.

The AVP2010 Praetorian looks like an HD updated version of the AVP2 design when you put them next to each other.

And as Spinelli pointed out, the new Praetorian design already borrows from the Spitter design, with the addition of the Raven from what it seems like the arms and dome, and hybridized it with the AVP2010 with their own additional tweaks. I do like the new look, as it shows raw power and size that sell the Royal Guard look. Drones and even Warriors may take you for hosting new xenos, but this Preatorian will straight up rip you arms off instead and I welcome this new heavy hitter.

I do agree that I want my black shade back. While I like me dark blues and yes the first xeno was a dark brown but traditional black should have its place again. Looking at the chest, the glowing part seems like both were the acid projectile comes from and perhaps a weak point?

The 2010 design for all the aliens i dislike the most. the warriors heads always felt to skinny and blockish. and i just dont like the design for the preatorians

BlueMarsalis79

It's because it's the Alien/Aliens/AlienĀ³ detailing ontop of the ADI Resurrection proportions. Appropriate as it's also basically a direct sequel to AVP and AVPR.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Look quite good...
glowing neon aliens don't belong in Alien universe imo, but for arcade shooter I guess it's fine.

Hunter-Killer

Nice, glad to see some variety

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The 'Burster' is there to serve exactly the same purpose as Gearbox decided to include 'Boilers' for: To copy the Boomer class from 2008's 'Left 4 Dead'. It's clearly no deeper than that. This is a shallow interpretation of the continuity, heavy on the pyrotechnics and not much else - which is fine for a fun time-waster. Anyone looking to this for more than that is going to be really disappointed.

Nevertheless, the more I see of this product, the more it feels like the team really just wanted to do a Space Marines versus Tyranids thing, but couldn't get the rights for 'Warhammer 40,000' and decided to just reskin it for 'Alien', instead. A lot of the creature variations make zero sense for our continuity, but would easily make a lot of sense for Tyranids. It's basically a cartoonish Space Marine campaign doing a search-and-destroy for Tyranids, except flavoured for LV-426.

'Praetorians'. = Hive Tyrants. 'Runners'. = Genestealers. Etcetera... At least that would make more logical sense than a space station keeping thousands of dogs on it, for no apparent reason. And the less said about depicting the creatures from 'Aliens' as only capable of slowly walking around, the better. :laugh:

Not that this will take anything away from the fun it will hopefully generate. If it's an affordable enough price and proves a laugh with friends, it'll basically succeed as a video game. As any kind of serious attempt at playing in the 'Alien' sandbox, though... LOL, no.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 11, 2021, 12:12:44 AM
If Aliens: Phalanx was set in a space medieval world, someone can make a book about an utopian / distopian world whose inhabitants live in a cyber/bio-punk colony, were people use the tech at hand to have fun with their sex & gender.

Rico Ross revealed in a recent interview that the intent of that line was very much to reference an ET species. Which has always made more sense to me, since the clinical term, 'male', was used, instead of something more informal, like 'guy'.

Besides, a galaxy where humans are the only sentient species in it feels too arrogant and unbelievable.

BlueMarsalis79

In my opinion any other extraterrestrial intelligence severely diminishes the down to earth nature of Alien, risks turning it into just another space opera, and it's just generally not appropriate.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, there is an unwanted side effect if such a concept is not handled carefully.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 13, 2021, 12:14:51 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 11, 2021, 12:12:44 AM

Rico Ross revealed in a recent interview that the intent of that line was very much to reference an ET species. Which has always made more sense to me, since the clinical term, 'male', was used, instead of something more informal, like 'guy'.

Besides, a galaxy where humans are the only sentient species in it feels too arrogant and unbelievable.

I didn't know that Rico Ross had confirmed it  8)

That being said I actually agree with you. It's arrogant to think that humans are the only intelligent species. In fact, I don't like that there are only intelligent humanoids. I would like something more otherworldly, as one would have thought it was the biomechanoid nicknamed Space Jockey before the ancient humanity Enginers.

Huggs

Huggs

Don't star wars my alien.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Having other extraterrestrials would make the universe much larger than it is. As of where it stands, it feels so backyard, like Engineers made humans, humans made androids, and if what we have is anything to go by, android makes xenomorphs. Its all full circle and too small. The universe is too massive to be contained, and the xenomorph is too dangerous to be leveled down by other alien lifeforms.

I always saw the idea of both Alien and Predator being the dreaded boogeyman of the stars. That many races whisper in fear of, having their own legends and stories of encountering such powerful beings, hoping to never come in contact with them in their ventures among the stars. It would establish them as mythical horrors if done correctly.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I've always liked the Alien verse as one where a handful of intelligent species are trying to control a handful of livable worlds. 

I dont mind new species I suppose, as long as they fit the universe. 

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I also find it strange that humanity didn't come across another sapient extraterrestrial race after all these years. The excuse in Dead Space for example was that the Brethren Moon, who are the creators of the Markers, ate almost all life in the milky way galaxy using the Markers as beacons for them to hone in on once the necromorph infestation takes hold on the race they are infesting. Humanity was one of the last ones to be eaten so by logic, the title "Dead Space" fits due to the Brethren Moons eating all life out there.

In the Alien/AVP/Predator Universes, there is no such excuse so I don't see introducing a new race being negative, rather it can open new avenues of storytelling.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed