AvP Reviews Roundup (Good)

Started by Darkness, Aug 14, 2004, 03:24:12 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Roundup (Good) (Read 7,325 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Now it’s time for the more positive reviews which were few and far between. Here’s the links:

LatinoReview 2 (Rating: 2.5/5)
IGN FilmForce (Rating 2.5/5)
About.com (Rating: B)
SKNR.net (Rating: 4/5)
ComingSoon (Rating: 7/10)
Sci-Fi Dimensions (Rating: B)

Series600

Series600

I loved the movie, and plan on seeing it again withing the next couple days.  Only problem is that I work tomorrow, and start school next week.  I've been reading a lot of negative reviews on the movie, but it's usually that way.  Critics always hate the movies I love, and they love the movies I find a boring waste of my time.

SCAR

SCAR

I might go see it tomorow again but if i have time ,and the movie was better then A:3 & A:RE & P2,but i i'm shure that the DIRECTOR'S CUT DVD will be better!!!

*bury

*bury

aight i saw it and its not really like any of the 6 but its pretty violent  for a pg-13 and yes even on the human side. the running time really isnt that bad comparing that it takes like 3 min of the film to get them to the whaling station. i did think things were killed way to quick and  
Spoiler
Enter Text
[close]
the whole lex and pred teaming up thing was stupid but it was no where as near as stupid as i thought it would be and i went to the 11:20 am show and it was sold out and i live in albany and it was on 4 other theaters so maybe this one will actually make money

Erez

Erez

Here's a nice sum of reviews http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_vs_predator/ . I bet most of you agree with JoBlo's one.

big big fan

big big fan

The movie was ok and i am goin to see it again tommrow. It could have been better and it could have been worse. There should have been more preds and longer fights between them and aliens. But it was a fairly good movie. And i feel sooo bad for paul anderson. People r saying how he ruins every movie he makes like mortal kombat and resident evil. I liked mortal kombat and resident evil was ok.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Man, I just typed up a huge review (with very little spoilers and lots of things covered), then the site crashed and I lost it all.  Bleh, too tired to retype it now.  I'll do it tomorrow.     ;)  

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

I thought Lex teaming up with Predator was a pretty smart idea.Wouldnt you? If you can kill an alien then your useful. also I felt some kind of romance between Lex and Scar when it watched her kill Sebastion(I wanted him to live!) it seemed to actually care for her loss.Also I tonight that was pretty funny when the predator and lex jumped on that wagon thing to avoid the blast.It wasnt all that scary but it was fun to watch and we have had our wishes granted! We got a movie with alien and predator fighting

munkieismad

munkieismad

I just watched this movie tonight and came home dissapointed to say the least.  Paul Anderson completely ignored the fact that Black Horse even exists.  I would expect that a director could make a movie longer than 100 min, considering the massive amount of money he was given.  I wont even go into the flaws that made me, as a fan of the comics/games/og movies, want to cry.  The movie was basicly just one big action sequence, with no break for story or character development that so made the older movies good.  It was just another b movie, thats going to make gobs of money.  Something like AvP should have been more ther-ally (sp) thought out, and not just made w/ a story line that was thought up in like 10 min, with the knowledge that no matter what the story, they will make lots of money.  Ok, i know im starting to rant, im just kinda upset.  The good things:  I did like some of the scenes w/ the predators using their weapons and technology, those were cool.  I liked how the three preds had personalized masks, that makes sense.  Also, i think when *(spoiler) (spoiler)* lex teams up w/ the pred, thats kinda comic book like, and also makes sense according to the situation.  Preds arnt stupid, and would not turn down help from someone who just killed an alien.  Thats about it for what i liked.  This movie just had way to much visual noise, and whats w/ the aliens going from face-hugger to adult alien in like, under an hour?  Again, another example of a rushed, un-thought out story line, typical of PA.  Well, you may agree or disagree, but this movie over all is less than the origanals, I challenge anyone to disagree on that point, but I just didn't see good movie making.   I'll give it a 2 out of 10 only cause i thought some of the pred scenes were interesting at best.  But nonetheless, a sad day for AvP.

Kilrathisoldier

Kilrathisoldier

What a min?! Are thesse reviews supposed to be good??? Not from what I'm reading! The only real good movie Anderson has made so far imo, is Event Horizon. I think alot of the AVP's outcome has to do with the producers at Fox...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi munkieismad  Black Horse! Dont you mean Dark Horse Comics. Which had the origianl and still best story by far. They had a female character team up with a Predator back in 1999!!!! Long live the the 1st series.......  Hopeful the DVD will have more human blood and guts....

munkieismad

munkieismad

Hey, sorry for the embarasing mix up of the name of a much respected comic co.  As you can tell, im pretty down right now.  Yah, i loved the comic series, it had so much potential for plotline in this movie.  I just cant understand how any fan of the comic series, or good movies in general, can like this movie.  Also, off topic, looking forward to Shaun of the dead.  hehehe.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

The good reviews are coming from the normal movie going audience. The negative one's are mainly coming from the critics, who have a stick up their collective asses because they weren't given a press screening. JoBlo's review pretty much makes that apparent.

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

This movie rocked! Who cares it the alien life cycle was rushed.Nobody really cared.I just assumed that their was allready adult Aliens there but were just sleeping.I was sad when Celtic Predator died so easily but Scar Predator made up for that heheh.Also the predalien's screeching sent a chill down my spine.  And the Queen was one big tough bitch! I'll be seeing it again on Monday when my friend gets back from Vancouver.

heh

heh

i have a qoastion the humen in the movie dindent they kill any aliens

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed