HBO Programme Screenshots!

Started by Darkness, Aug 07, 2004, 12:00:13 AM

Author
HBO Programme Screenshots! (Read 21,508 times)

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Exactly.  All the masks basically do the same thing, but they are designed according to their wearer's tastes.  That's all.

OberonQA

OberonQA

Think of the mask customizations as another way of individualizing each character.  Given the fact that the Predator is a warrior-race, the mask would be the only way for the individual Predator to be "unique" (for lack of a better term).  Customizing the mask would probably be the only acceptable thing an individual of that race could do to distinguish themselves.  I would also go out on a limb and say the more complex a mask is, the the more "status" or "rank" an individual has in a clan.  The mask that Scar wears is by far the most complex of the masks seen so far, so I would believe Scar may be the son of a reknown warrior in the clan.  This sort of stuff may not be revealed in the film, but may be hinted at in the novelization or sequel movies....

HellAlien

HellAlien

OberonQA,  no the preds r using it too.  
Spoiler
scar is killin an alien with it, .
[close]
SO lex is weilding one and the preds too. But i dunno if they r discs in this. Would be cool tho. But i think that the shurikens r the only thing we r gonna c as far as lil round deadly objects r concerned.   ;D    But it will be coo anyway.  And for those masks, i came with a supposition, maybe that they r all from diff clans so to say. That they r all coming to the same place to have the right to be in their respective clans.  OR that their masks r different lookin and acting. That they r not all doin the same thing. But do ya think that the preds r able to control their helmet with their tusks ? i taught of that when i saw P1 and P2 the other day. Cuz sometimes, it really seems like the pred is activating things without even touching his gauntlet.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Actually, if you're going by the way it looks, Celtic's mask is by far the most complex.  Scar's mask is relatively plain.

OberonQA

OberonQA

Ur right Galmorzu!  <<feeling silly>>  Guess that shoots my idea out the window.  Ah well... nice idea though.  Besides, after some thought, I came up with a small problem with my idea.  The Predator in P1 and P2 had very plain masks.  If my idea was actually true, then that would mean the Predator in both of those movies was the equivilant of a foot soldier or something.  **lol**

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

It's been said by Stan Winston himself that the Pred from Predator 2 was just a young, somewhat arrogant one.

Little Psycho 303

Little Psycho 303

when does it come to Canada???? ANd what is with the break down play by play that everyone is winning about!!??     Stay in ht elight.....for demonds do weit for thouse who wonder.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Hey guys, I know that by virtue of all the footage shown a lot of your are starting to believe that there are only going to be three Preds instead of five. I know there will be five, and here's my reason why. Okay, a lot of you said that you could only see three drop ships hit the surface. Okay, Celtic, Gill, and Scar lets say are the Preds in those pods. Okay, if the pods were the only things that needed to be sent to Earth, then what's with Quinn seeing the mothership fly overhead. I say that Gill, Scar, and Celtic arrive inititally via the pods, and the other two take the luxury ride in on the mothership and show up a little late. How bout' that theory, that sound plausible?

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

well doesnt sound bad C but i seen foe preds actually

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

good, I see that ass hole stoped impersonating me, any way, I just bought the Grid Alien, and Scar Predator figures, they are cool, but scar's 'wrist swords' are not removable, kinda stupid. but the grid alien is pretty cool. also I got a AVP pop corn bag when I went to see colateral today. dont worry guys, Ill post all the pictures of my trip that are related to AVP, that is if Darkness will post them. wnyway, good night guys, Ive got to get some sleep for universal tomorrow, and after that its AVP premiere!!! (i hope the roumer is not true) I'll see ya guys later.  also I saw AVP ad's on a cab and a bus too, fox sure isnt sparing any expence on the advertising.

Nidza

Nidza

Hey,some really nice stuff on this HBO special...  Go Preds Go!  Ehem,will anyone tell me whats a hooter? (example : Riply's hooters and Lex's hooters )

J

J

The fact that each room chanages and modifies into something else helps create a creep look to the crypt like pyramid, close and compact spaces ... thats what were've come to love from the Alien movies.

BIgBilly

BIgBilly

just a question about aliens. with thos 4 tubes on their backs, how can they land on their back at all? im not saying this is a bad point im just curiouse because i draw alof of avp and i have done the aliens on their backs.

OberonQA

OberonQA

Hrmmm... that's a good question, BigBilly.  I loaded up Alien and Aliens to observe the Alien movements (I ignored Alien3 and Alien Resurrection because we are focusing on non-genetically altered human-borne Aliens).  In Alien, the Alien was able to fit itself into a niche on the Narsisis (the lifeboat).  In Aliens, the aliens were able to lie down (once the chestburster is torched the movie shows a couple of aliens rising up from a prone position on the ground) as well as fitting into niche's in the walls of the hive.  I would say the dorsel horns (which is what the scientists in the novelization of Alien Resurrection referred to them as) are flexible and probably comprised of cartiledge (or the alien equivelent) and can bend to a certain extent without breaking.  In Aliens, there are a couple of shots with the camera behind an Alien (the alien that Vasquez shoots from the APC and gets acid-blood spilled on Drake and the alien that gets smashed by the APC while Ripley is driving the remnants of the team out of the Atmosphere Processor come immediately to mind.)  The Alien Resurrection novelization also reveals the dorsal horns are utilized by the Aliens as an alternate means of expelling airborne waste material (carbon monoxide for example) and were removed from the Ripley-clones because they were redundant and not utilzed (one of the preserved clones in the clone lab that had an Alien-like head had holes in it's back where the dorsal horns were removed.)  So... that said, draw away and don't let the dorsal horns be a problem for you.  ;-)

BIgBilly

BIgBilly

hey thanks OberonQA    :D   i really appreciate it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed