Dark Horse Announces Predator: Hunters II

Started by Ultramorph, May 11, 2018, 02:02:05 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator: Hunters II (Read 18,584 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/20/dark-horse-comics-september-2018-solicits-stranger-things-mystery-science-theater-3000-olivia-twist-call-duty-zombies-2-war-bears-gamma-joe-golem/

#2 solicitation is up.

Quote(W) Chris Warner (A) Neeraj Menon (A/CA) Agustin Padilla
A reconnaissance mission in Afghanistan turns into a deadly three-way game of cat-and-mouse as the Hunters track a Predator-and attempt to avoid a government-sponsored team after the same prey!
In Shops: Sep 05, 2018
SRP: $3.99

skull-splitter

Finally read Hunters, it was decent. As always, I'll wait till the TPB hits.

Corporal Hicks

Writer: Chris Warner (W), Agustin Padilla (A/Cover A), and Neeraj Menon (A)
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
On sale Oct 3

Spoiler
Afghanistan is called the "Graveyard of Empires," but it may also soon be the graveyard of the Hunters when they go up against a Predator who has honed its skills fighting the jihadi and U.S. forces!
[close]

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/07/23/exclusive-advance-dark-horse-comics-solicitations-for-october-2018/

Also via Randy Stradley's Facebook -

Ultramorph

Always exciting when Randy awakens on social media!

The art is looking really good this time around.

happypred

Love it when yautja get hunted and slaughtered by humans...that's why I read predator comics

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 25, 2018, 04:24:00 PM
Always exciting when Randy awakens on social media!

The art is looking really good this time around.

That piece he shared is apparently interior art! That looks like some damn good interior art.

Quote from: happypred on Jul 26, 2018, 05:54:18 AM
Love it when yautja get hunted and slaughtered by humans...that's why I read predator comics

Don't read this one then. Personally, I think Hunters acted as a nice pilot. Apes off OWLF and Stargazer quite well and I'm happy to see them take the concept further.

happypred

I love it...so I'll read it.

Nothing beats humans hunting and killing predators. This kind of out-of-the-box concept will revive the franchise and rake in the cash. Mark my words...

Corporal Hicks

Sounded sarcastic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://bigcomicpage.com/2018/07/29/review-predator-hunters-ii-1-dark-horse-comics/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

QuoteOkay, so it isn't exactly reinventing the wheel, but Predator: Hunters II does exactly what it needs to.  If you enjoyed the first series you'll absolutely love this one, and it's a lot of fun to watch Warner, Padilla and Menon working cohesively together to provide another solid entry into Dark Horse's rich Predator history.

Rating: 4/5.

First review for #1 is in.

Russ840

Just read it.

As with the first series, it doesn't break any new ground but like the first series, the character work is good.  I really enjoy these characters.  A couple of points here also have me interested.

Spoiler
there is a nice little reference to the original film which has me excited.

Who is the character that Soames sees and gets all cagey about. Dutch? Probably not.
[close]

The artwork is Kentucky and detailed.  The predator looks great (in his traditional/classic appearance here)

I would honestly be happy if this series was an ongoing. 

An all round solid Predator comic.

Xiggz456

Just finished issue 1. Solid issue that has me thoroughly hooked!

Corporal Hicks

I wonder if those randomers are Stargazer??

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2018, 06:51:51 PM
I wonder if those randomers are Stargazer??

Spoiler
do you mean the guys comparing the crater/explosion site to the one I 'Predator" ?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I do. Seems like the right time to try to tie in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed