Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 431,701 times)

Corporal Hicks

I've absolutely nothing against a specific faction of Predator's going down that route.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 07:07:28 AM
Has anyone come across a full sized version and unfiltered version of Thomas Jane's sceenshot? I saw one earlier on IG but I've lost it and can't find it.

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2018, 05:23:33 AM
Okay Black. When you put it that way it doesn't sound too bad.

Yeah, I must admit even that has me like "hhhhmmmm, that sounds pretty cool."

I totally agree... I recall we already discussed THIS aspect of the dna splicing way earlier on the forum, and i found it a cool spiritual interpretation of why predators would do that, i honestly think it could fit in the lore when put that way.

Hollywood

I specifically remember you bringing that up, BigDaddyJohn and it made the practice much more interesting. I could see some predators wanting to do that.

Master

It's still a crapy idea.

Corporal Hicks

Not particularly. It might be a little too common place a story concept these days but it's not an outrageous concept. As always, depends on execution in the finished product.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on May 10, 2018, 12:43:51 PM
It's still a crapy idea.

Come on Kratos ! Hope Atreus is well !  ;)

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 12:45:52 PM
Not particularly. It might be a little too common place a story concept these days but it's not an outrageous concept. As always, depends on execution in the finished product.

For me it is. It's generic, stupid and out of place. Predator was about humanity finest facing alien unstoppable with bizzare reasons. It was fresh.  Invasion, war and gene splicing to be more human are done to the death. What's next? Zombie predators?

Corporal Hicks

Set reports are coming this week from the sounds of it -

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 12:30:00 PM
I've absolutely nothing against a specific faction of Predator's going down that route.

I agree with this.

Humans, especially top athletes, are trying (mostly getting caught) to illegally improve their bodies for their livelihoods on a daily basis.

Why is this any different? A species is trying to be the best. It's that simple.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:17:35 PM
Humans, especially top athletes, are trying and (mostly getting caught) for illegally improving their bodies for their livelihoods on a daily basis.

Why is this any different? A species is trying to be the best. It's that simple.

I agree. I don't think it's out of character for some (not everyone is the same guys) to go that step.

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/994639345263898624

I am pleased now.

Here we go.

BigDaddyJohn

Well that's cool too ! That may calm down some people over here... Or maybe not  ;D

skull-splitter

Fingers crossed, it does give hope.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 12:30:00 PM

That's how I'm seeing it. We have seen a lot of factions of Predators so far. There is the clan from the first 2 movies, the AVP clan which also appeared the games, there are the beserkers from Predators. Wolf and the others at the homeworld might have been from different groups as well.

Just like there are very different human cultures and races the same can apply to Predators, considering some might have moved to live on other planets and ships for thousands of year ago they might have a bigger difference apart from each other in regards to apperance, mindset and culture than humans do. Maybe these preds that are into dna splicing stuff would be looked as shameful to the others tribes for having to resort to such a thing instead of hunting the old way.

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/994639345263898624

Guess I can give it a chance. Hope Shane will continue to answer more questions from the fans.

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 12:35:22 PM
I totally agree... I recall we already discussed THIS aspect of the dna splicing way earlier on the forum, and i found it a cool spiritual interpretation of why predators would do that, i honestly think it could fit in the lore when put that way.

Yeah, but the problem is that I don't think they're going to portray it that way. What I've read of the script breakdown (Goddamn i'd actually like to read that thing instead of have it wagged over my head by the cool kids club. Some of us don't actually give a shit about spoilers. ) and what we see in the teaser makes it seem much closer to mad science than spiritual or rite of passage or anything like that.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2018, 06:50:32 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 12:35:22 PM

Yeah, but the problem is that I don't think they're going to portray it that way. What I've read of the script breakdown (Goddamn i'd actually like to read that thing instead of have it wagged over my head by the cool kids club. Some of us don't actually give a shit about spoilers. ) and what we see in the teaser makes it seem much closer to mad science than spiritual or rite of passage or anything like that.

Maybe, i think it's too early to say that though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed