Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 432,106 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2017, 01:24:54 PM
Interesting he expects to be done by November. I think we might see the release date pull forward again if that's the case and testing goes well.
I think he means that the edit will be done by november, not the whole movie. They started with Post at the end of june, that would be way too fast and going by the leaked details, this will be VFX heavy (just like any Predator movie, really).

It also doesn't make any sense to have the movie ready and shelved and then wait almost a year to release it, studios want to make back their money fast.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 16, 2017, 01:37:26 PM
I think he means that the edit will be done by november, not the whole movie. They started with Post at the end of june, that would be way too fast and going by the leaked details, this will be VFX heavy (just like any Predator movie, really).

My appologies, I didn't mean the whole movie done either. They'll no doubt be plenty of FX work to be done but that's still a good chunk of time on top of what they've done so far.

QuoteIt also doesn't make any sense to have the movie ready and shelved and then wait almost a year to release it, studios want to make back their money fast.

Exactly why I thought it might get pulled forward if it's all going on-track for him. I just hope they don't rush it and they truly take their time polishing off the VFX.

ace3g

Not social media but found these designs online and wouldn't mind if a future film used these designs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX26ZQrlVWk/?taken-by=empire_predators

The Alien Predator

Those look really good!

Johnny Handsome

Closer look at the new dreadlocks on set

They added much more detail/texture, maybe those are the dreads from the upgrade.

Corporal Hicks

The rings on them are silver. The ones in the leaked APC image were gold/bronze so you maybe onto something there. Or these are just unpainted.

Xan21

I don't like it... way too clean and boring.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2017, 01:57:55 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 16, 2017, 01:37:26 PM

My appologies, I didn't mean the whole movie done either. They'll no doubt be plenty of FX work to be done but that's still a good chunk of time on top of what they've done so far.

QuoteIt also doesn't make any sense to have the movie ready and shelved and then wait almost a year to release it, studios want to make back their money fast.

Exactly why I thought it might get pulled forward if it's all going on-track for him. I just hope they don't rush it and they truly take their time polishing off the VFX.

I would love the movie to be pulled forward, but we need to remember the main reason invoked for the initial delay : avoiding other big blockbusters. This reason still holds now.

Master

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 17, 2017, 10:18:17 AM
Closer look at the new dreadlocks on set

They added much more detail/texture, maybe those are the dreads from the upgrade.

Cool find. Those look much more like human dreadlocks, that would fit hybrid.

Corporal Hicks

They seem to have texture like they're actually braided hair, yeah.

RidgeTop

Considering what Black said in that interview regarding fans: "Honestly, I don't think too much about fans"

Not sure what to think about that. Isn't that what got him in trouble with Iron Man 3?

BishopShouldGo

Fans are the worst people to seek counsel from. They don't know what they want.

"Gimme Silvestri, gimme the jungle, tip your cap to this moment from this sequel and do this and that and yada hahahaha Black & Dekker dude!"

Keep it.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Exactly what Bishop said. Fans can't agree on things so who is he supposed to be listening to?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Can't wait to see what the hybrid will look like... His skin colour, facial features, global physical shape considering him being more massive than his fellow predator buddies. I still have trouble to believe he won't be CGI enhanced, especially in action sequences...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 18, 2017, 06:17:14 PM
Considering what Black said in that interview regarding fans: "Honestly, I don't think too much about fans"

Not sure what to think about that. Isn't that what got him in trouble with Iron Man 3?

It's a fine line to balance. I think TPTB should ignore the temptation to do fan service, but make good films that still work within the confines of the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed