Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 434,922 times)

SiL

Major cast coming onboard the day before filming isn't unheard of, but the fact we haven't heard anything is weird. The fact ADI has been brought on would suggest they've got people to fill the suit/s, though.

Johnny Handsome

Things are moving on this definitely, they are building sets and ADI are already doing their work, but still, the lack on any casting news is unnerving.

I don't want to know the plot, i don't want to know the details, but just give us a damn name.

BishopShouldGo

It's Shane Black. The material almost doesn't matter.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 26, 2016, 12:04:26 AMAbsolutely love the idea that, if GAMBIT is indefinitely delayed, @ChanningTatum should star in THE PREDATOR. That. Would. Be. Nuts.

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/768959243936423938
That. Would. Be. Awful.

Someone take his twitter privileges away.

ace3g

I posted it because he is one of the twitter guys who breaks casting/movie news.  He might know that Tatum is in the running.

Stealth_Hunter

I didn't know he had insider scoops, thanks I'll keep my eye on his twitter posts. Still hope he's not onto something though I really don't see Tatum in something like this. He's the same as Franco in my eyes as far as not being able to take him seriously.

Hardy would be much better.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, he broke the Affleck and Franco news. He's not hinting at anything here though, just saying he think it'd be cool. I haven't heard anything about Tatum.

I'm still disheartened Fox wouldn't fork up the $20 million for Downey Jr. This is an event movie and he would've put a bunch of non-horror fans in seats.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Aug 26, 2016, 12:55:00 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Aug 26, 2016, 12:04:26 AMAbsolutely love the idea that, if GAMBIT is indefinitely delayed, @ChanningTatum should star in THE PREDATOR. That. Would. Be. Nuts.

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/768959243936423938

Hmmmm. Wouldn't be my first choice for this. Don't get me wrong, I like the chap but I've only really seen him in the Jump Street movies and that awful Jupiter Rising.

Johnny Handsome

I would prefer Hardy to be honest, but i wouldn't mind Tatum in a Predator movie... those Magic Mike images in my head though...  :-\

I could actually see this happen, his movies have been successful so far and he has a big (mostly female) fanbase that he could get interested in this, from the business perspective it makes sense casting him.

Xan21

Terrible actor and more annoying than Affleck, really hope he stays out of this... can't take the dude seriously.

Johnny Handsome

No matter who they cast, there is no pleasing everyone. I didn't like Affleck at first, but having seen BvS a couple of days ago in my home cinema i yelled "dickhead" at the screen... for turning down The Predator. Because all the sudden i could totally see him in a movie like this, and i can totally see him being Black's first choice after having seen him as Batman, the dude has become great over the years, great director as well.

Damn shame he turned it down in my book.

Master

From those propositions so far, Hardy is best choice.

overthere

I really want a charismatic lead role. Shane said it himself that they want a character who works without a Predator, on it's own, so whatever happens, I'm optimistic.

Corporal Hicks

Franco has evidently passed on the role. Not that Black and co. wanted him for it anyway. It was his agency pushing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed