Author
New AVP theory (Read 21,338 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2020, 02:48:31 AM
Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 04, 2020, 01:43:31 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 03, 2020, 11:52:40 PM
We never see Egypt in AvP.

If you're going to add in the Alien prequels then you have to accept what the Alien prequels show. Otherwise the entire question of what Engineers may have done is irrelevant.

At least Egypt. Since Predators are the ones who helped us create pyramids and hunted them during that time. Besides since all of it is canon anyway we have to reconcile. So David found a blueprint for the Alien and made it again in covenant. But this is all so distracting from my true point that Predators are biologically disposed to being less vulnerable to the aliens than humans which must be a byproduct of thier creators aka the engineers. Ergo we have to ascertain whether this was on purpose in universe.

You could make an argument that the Predator flesh and blood can naturally resist acid; but once you include Engineers everything falls down.

Agreed.

While I think most of us could take or leave the current AVP flicks, the Alien prequels made sure to retcon their relevance. Even the Alien skull on the ship in P2 becomes null and void.

The AVP concept could still work as long as it took place after the Alien prequels (maybe even during the prequels). But the idea that the Engineers specifically designed Predators to combat Aliens just doesn't work.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 04, 2020, 03:21:45 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2020, 02:48:31 AM
Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 04, 2020, 01:43:31 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 03, 2020, 11:52:40 PM
We never see Egypt in AvP.

If you're going to add in the Alien prequels then you have to accept what the Alien prequels show. Otherwise the entire question of what Engineers may have done is irrelevant.

At least Egypt. Since Predators are the ones who helped us create pyramids and hunted them during that time. Besides since all of it is canon anyway we have to reconcile. So David found a blueprint for the Alien and made it again in covenant. But this is all so distracting from my true point that Predators are biologically disposed to being less vulnerable to the aliens than humans which must be a byproduct of thier creators aka the engineers. Ergo we have to ascertain whether this was on purpose in universe.

You could make an argument that the Predator flesh and blood can naturally resist acid; but once you include Engineers everything falls down.

Agreed.

While I think most of us could take or leave the current AVP flicks, the Alien prequels made sure to retcon their relevance. Even the Alien skull on the ship in P2 becomes null and void.
Ehhhh, not exactly.'Covenant' says one thing, 'Alien' says something very different. :)

Working from 'Alien', the AvP concept could certainly work.

Tichinde

Tichinde

I literally just told you how to reconcile the two lol since you can't invalidate one since each are equally canon. David followed some engineer blueprint on how to create aliens, boom problem solved. It's never directly stated that he made them to start with and even if he did, maybe he made a different species type, because of the other Canon you have to find ways to fit the pieces together.

SM

SM

He says several times in the film that he created them.  And the latest official take on things is that Alien and Prometheus are one thing and AvP is another thing.

Don't bring canon into it and then make up things like 'engineer blueprints'.

SiL

SiL

Also if everything could stop being Six Degrees of Engineers that would be great.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Canon war!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2020, 05:52:33 AM
Also if everything could stop being Six Degrees of Engineers that would be great.
Amen.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 04, 2020, 05:54:11 AM
Canon war!

It is only natural for it to start again.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Since the Jockeys lost their mysteriousness, I don't like the idea of ​​Engineers being responsible for everything. Actually, even with a cooler concept it would be too much in my opinion. 

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 04, 2020, 02:46:45 PM
Canon war!

It is only natural for it to start again.

This is a war to end all wars.

SiL

SiL

Canon war!
Oh fine.

Quote'Alien' says something very different.
Even if we take Dallas' word as gospel, the film only says the Jockey and ship are old. The pathogen creates organisms that explode from inside depending on delivery method as shown in the prequels. So the ship and Jockey being old but the eggs being new still doesn't contradict anything Alien actually says - the exploded chest could be pathogen related (and we know that stuff's at least 2,000 years old) and the eggs could still be only a few years old.

Sigh.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
Even if we take Dallas' word as gospel, the film only says the Jockey and ship are old. The pathogen creates organisms that explode from inside depending on delivery method as shown in the prequels. So the ship and Jockey being old but the eggs being new still doesn't contradict anything Alien actually says - the exploded chest could be pathogen related (and we know that stuff's at least 2,000 years old) and the eggs could still be only a few years old.

Sigh.

When you thought nothing more can be retconned at this point.

Sigh

Milburn: Maybe it opened up from the inside. Looks like it exploded.

Dallas : Bones are bent outward, like he exploded from inside.

SiL

SiL

I hate it with every fibre of my being.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Also, Fifield says: It looks like they were running from something.

Plus one can hear a roar when the holo-recording is activated by David. So I am going to assume that some Engineers died from the black pathogen. But something was chasing them at the same time.

The CG wizards omitted it because that would ruin the surprise at the end.

Tichinde

Tichinde

I mean early script stuff had the engineers returning to kill humans before they killed Jesus, its safe to say the intent was for them to literally be gods

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
Canon war!
Oh fine.

Sigh.
That's super disingenuous and you know it. :)
Just like you like to say that Covenant, as it's own movie, indicates unequivocally that David made the Alien, likewise does 'Alien', taken as its own movie, indicate that the Space Jockey, Derelict, its cargo, and therefore the Alien, are unequivocally ancient. The obvious intent of the movie was that the Alien is an ancient organism and that's how the Jockey died. Only by introducing the prequels can you start reinterpreting it to fit a different narrative, which is my point. It's a two-way street, you can reach very different conclusions depending on which end you start from and neither answer is "wrong".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed