Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC

Started by ikarop, Jul 09, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Author
Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC (Read 60,105 times)

Purl'

Shut up and TAKE my money!!!! ::)

Darkness

Well, he's agreed with them to use his likeness so they must have spoken to him.

ADC

This is fantastic news and great they stumped up the cash to get the actors involved. If they release an ORift version of this game I'll be as happy as a pig with two peeders.

Just an fyi regarding Ian Holm – having talked to one of his reps in the past, he's had some serious health problems in recent years which have held him back from participating in events and projects that are outside of acting, as opposed to being uninterested in taking part.

Bio Mech Hunter

Yes. Yes! YES!!! :o 8)

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

Exciting news...although on GAME it is labelled as the RIPLEY EDITION! Either way can't wait - are they planning on releasing extras like a model etc.

The link for GAME:

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=280792&articleId=280793&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_re=home-_-banner-_-isolationripley

Ultramorph

This is definitely an interesting development! The character models look pretty good, too.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: ADC on Jul 09, 2014, 04:58:01 PM
This is fantastic news and great they stumped up the cash to get the actors involved. If they release an ORift version of this game I'll be as happy as a pig with two peeders.

Just an fyi regarding Ian Holm – having talked to one of his reps in the past, he's had some serious health problems in recent years which have held him back from participating in events and projects that are outside of acting, as opposed to being uninterested in taking part.

I was going to say, even if he was interested, he's in his 80s now. Not everyone can be Christopher Lee.

My guess is that he's actually not interested though. I am surprised they got Tom Skerritt. He seems like someone who couldn't care less, but hey, I'm glad they got him.

EDIT:

Cast/characters notwithstanding, I'm SO looking forward to be able to explore the Nostromo. How awesome?

Elicas

This makes me NOT want to pre-order, knowing that using my retailer of choice (Steam) means missing out on the second mission and having to get it later. I'll likely wait for a bundle sale 6 months to a year down the line now.

Admittedly, I was pretty cynical about pre-ordering full stop, thanks A:CM.

Nightlord

Good idea, I've wanted this since forever. Real disappointing that's it's preorder only and that it's been split in two to appease the game shop vultures.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightlord on Jul 09, 2014, 06:14:09 PM
Good idea, I've wanted this since forever. Real disappointing that's it's preorder only and that it's been split in two to appease the game shop vultures.

I imagine that both modules will eventually be released for download later on. At least that was the case with all of ACM's retailer exclusive DLC.

Snark

WOW! With the amount of work put into this, I seriously doubt that the game or these DLC missions will be bad. I commend CA for their level of detail. It was a wonderful idea to bring Alien back. I had wondered for years why there was no contemporary game. They may just score big with this.

Purl' from Canada

Purl' from Canada

ok I don't use credit cards; Paypal is not used outside USA... well I'll just have to wait til October..  :'(

Hudson

Quote from: Snark on Jul 09, 2014, 07:01:46 PM
WOW! With the amount of work put into this, I seriously doubt that the game or these DLC missions will be bad. I commend CA for their level of detail. It was a wonderful idea to bring Alien back. I had wondered for years why there was no contemporary game. They may just score big with this.

Playing devil's advocate for a second, those are pretty much the exact same words people were saying before ACM came out.

That said, I don't know what everyone's griping about. It doesn't cost any more to pre-order it than it'll cost you to just outright buy it when it's released. Plus, I noticed that for 360 and PS3 owners, the price is down to $50 vs. the $60 it used to cost to purchase new games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed