Predator Coming to Mortal Kombat X?

Started by Darkness, Feb 20, 2015, 05:05:10 PM

Author
Predator Coming to Mortal Kombat X? (Read 45,036 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 02, 2015, 04:58:20 PMThere's your starting roster right there.  It shouldn't take a damn epiphany to realize this game is begging to be made.
Yeah. Creating a whole fighting game roster based on the variations of only two characters  ::)  Everyone's on board.

Kel G 426

You didn't read my entire post did you?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 03, 2015, 02:55:29 AM
You didn't read my entire post did you?
Yes, I did.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 03, 2015, 02:31:08 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 02, 2015, 04:58:20 PMThere's your starting roster right there.  It shouldn't take a damn epiphany to realize this game is begging to be made.
Yeah. Creating a whole fighting game roster based on the variations of only two characters  ::)  Everyone's on board.

There's far more than simply 2 characters.

Magegg

Magegg

Just variations.

proto leech

You're not using your imgination.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: King geedorah on Jul 03, 2015, 06:56:45 PM
You're not using your imgination.
And you're using it too much. Most people would find it absurd. It's like, IDK, imagine a Superman vs Batman fighting game, featuring only Elseworlds versions of Batman and Superman, and little more. That's the same reason why many Dragon Ball Z games are dismissed.

Kel G 426

There's plenty of uniqueness among the characters I listed, and there's no rule prohibiting entirely new and original characters, so I don't see what the problem is.

How about actually sharing some ideas instead of being a needless smartass?

Besides, most MK characters have the same basic move set.  They're ALL just variations of the same character, and that series has endured for decades.

Identical fighters like Ken, Ryu, and Akuma are pretty much mandatory for all Street Fighter games, the most successful fighting series of all time.

I don't think you have a good handle on what "most people" would like.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 03, 2015, 09:35:58 PMentirely new and original characters, so I don't see what the problem is.
What sense would make that?

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 03, 2015, 09:35:58 PMBesides, most MK characters have the same basic move set.  They're ALL just variations of the same character, and that series has endured for decades.

Identical fighters like Ken, Ryu, and Akuma are pretty much mandatory for all Street Fighter games, the most successful fighting series of all time.
What I'm saying is that every xeno and every Predator is pretty much the same, in terms of being a character. Ken and Ryu and Akuma can be seen like variants of the same moveset and fighting style, right, but their background and personalities are unique for each one of them.

All xenos and predator have pretty much the same background, personality, history, they ARE all the same, just variants.

Even the characters from that hypothetical Batman vs Superman video game based on 'Elseworlds' Superman and Batman, will have more differences.

The same I wouldn't support the idea of a "Dragon Ball Z vs Street Fighter" video game, because, well, how interesting can the roster be if saiyans account for like 85% of their popular characters and all of them have like a 90% same fighting style. But at least DBZ characters have their own and distinct personalities.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 03, 2015, 09:35:58 PMHow about actually sharing some ideas instead of being a needless smartass?
My only idea is that no one would want that video game, very little appealing outside of the hardcore Alien and Predator fan.

That said, I have nothing else criticize further your idea, I think everyone has a right to have your own ideas :)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 03, 2015, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 03, 2015, 09:35:58 PMentirely new and original characters, so I don't see what the problem is.
What sense would make that?

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 03, 2015, 09:35:58 PMBesides, most MK characters have the same basic move set.  They're ALL just variations of the same character, and that series has endured for decades.

What I'm saying is that every xeno and every Predator is pretty much the same, in terms of being a character. Ken and Ryu and Akuma can be seen like variants of the same moveset and fighting style, right, but their background and personalities are unique for each one of them.

All xenos and predator have pretty much the same background, personality, history, they ARE all the same, just variants.

Even the characters from that hypothetical Batman vs Superman video game based on 'Elseworlds' Superman and Batman, will have more differences.

The same I wouldn't support the idea of a "Dragon Ball Z vs Street Fighter" video game, because, well, how interesting can the roster be if saiyans account for like 85% of their popular characters and all of them have like a 90% same fighting style. But at least DBZ characters have their own and distinct personalities.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 03, 2015, 09:35:58 PMHow about actually sharing some ideas instead of being a needless smartass?
My only idea is that no one would want that video game, very little appealing outside of the hardcore Alien and Predator fan.

That said, I have nothing else criticize further your idea, I think everyone has a right to have your own ideas :)

Engineer, River Ghost, Reapers, four armed red tribal aliens (not Xenomorphs), technological bug things, some armoured technological alien, Dog-Aliens from Titan Book trilogy, some combat Synthetics, especially the huge robots that shoot plasma to destroy hordes of Xenomorphs.

The EU is RICH with additional characters, even if many have a one time appearance, nothing stops them from making a comeback in this hypothetical game.

Xenomorphs and Predators aren't the only alien life forms in the AvP universe. Imagine some of the trophy skulls in the Predator collection as brought back to be in this roster, you could make loads of interesting characters.

Kel G 426

Getting back to this MK game, is there any chance Freddy Krueger will return? I'd love to see the Freddy vs Jason battle played out.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 04, 2015, 01:28:49 AM
Getting back to this MK game, is there any chance Freddy Krueger will return? I'd love to see the Freddy vs Jason battle played out.
Me too. Also, xenomorph, please  ;D

Kel G 426

I noticed that when we see the Predator's trophy case, the xenomorph skull is conspicuously absent.  :-\

HEZ

HEZ

Quote from: King geedorah on Jul 02, 2015, 10:31:02 PM
EU
Jeri
Dean
King alien
Combat synthedic
Berserker mech
Ahab
Red alien strain
Herc mondo
Machiko
Broken tusk

Oh the possibilities

Jerry! I'd love to see him again... but I'd hate to see him get hurt too :/
I'd have to get really good before playing as him (and just quit if I have to go vs him >_>)

Corporal Hicks

There is a massive variety in characters/species. And every game makes a point of showing that the variants between the Aliens/Predator tend to have different styles so it's hardly a problem that's never been faced and dealt with before.

There's a lot of material available to make a fun fighter.

I doubt we'll see one but it'd be fun if there every was one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed