If Predators encountered Aliens would they still hunt Humans ?

Started by Kradan, Sep 24, 2020, 06:53:10 PM

Author
If Predators encountered Aliens would they still hunt Humans ? (Read 2,485 times)

Kradan

Idk, I don't think they would. Humans seem as down-step in comparision to Aliens

Drukathi

Why not? They are just cosmic bloodthirsty cro-magnons. They will hunt anything that moves. Hunting is the highest goal in their life and the highest value in their society. AvP's coop with humans and The Predator's goals of conquest are nonsense.

SM

Humans can shoot back and use technology so present a different kind of threat.

SiL

Aliens are neat but have you ever been shot at by Ole Painless cos that shit is a whole other level.

Local Trouble

Didn't Predator 2 demonstrate that they're bullet sponges though?

Immortan Jonesy

Yah. Predators may be interested in human intelligence. Humans are capable of: generating complex knowledge, engineering tech, modifying their environment at will, devising combat strategies, etc. These are variables that can converge in a different kind of challenge for an alien hunter.

SuperiorIronman

I mean in canon, yeah.
We see among the trophy cabinet in Predator 2 while one is among them they have two Human skulls and a host of other aliens, and AVP shows that while they're primarily present for Xenos it's not like they wont deviate to kill Humans.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 24, 2020, 09:49:22 PM
Didn't Predator 2 demonstrate that they're bullet sponges though?
City Hunter was pretty f**ked up and running home.

Also just because I could survive getting stabbed half a dozen times doesn't mean it's something I want to do on a regular basis, you know?

SuperiorIronman

They can tank damage but I don't get the impression it's something they like to do. Though it's probably a mixture of durability and medical tech making a wound almost null that they'll try to ignore it. I can imagine as well that after hundreds of years if not thousands doing what they do they'd be a little indifferent towards a bullet wound even if they know they're going to have to patch it. Kind of like when you're a kid and get cut, it's a lot different than being an adult and experiencing the same thing. Just less panicked and knowing how to handle it as much as knowing if something is a pressing matter.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 24, 2020, 07:35:53 PM
Why not? They are just cosmic bloodthirsty cro-magnons. They will hunt anything that moves. Hunting is the highest goal in their life and the highest value in their society. AvP's coop with humans and The Predator's goals of conquest are nonsense.

Well, as I said, Humans seem as a step-down in comparison to Aliens. I imagine Predators being in the constant search for more challenging, more thrilling prey. True, humans posses intelligence and all the shit comes with that but stripped of all the technology they're pretty weak and not much of a fight, are they ? From the ending of Predator it looks like JH enjoys some good old hand to hand fight. Also, Aliens come with their own set of advantages - acid blood, being able to see through cloaking etc, And they're not dumb either ( "They cut the power'' scene from the second one)

Btw, speaking of Predators - if Berserkers can basically hunt smaller Predators why would they be still interested in hunting Humans ?

judge death

I imagine it being the case as with rich millionares hunting: they like to hunt different things and not just the ultimate prey or whatever one want to call it. Personal preferences play in I guess to and probably some hunter hierarchy social thing or whatever they live after: they seem to go hunting everything for sport than can fight back and they have to start somewhere as well as a new hunter.

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 24, 2020, 11:37:14 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 24, 2020, 07:35:53 PM

Well, as I said, Humans seem as a step-down in comparison to Aliens. I imagine Predators being in the constant search for more challenging, more thrilling prey. True, humans posses intelligence and all the shit comes with that but stripped of all the technology they're pretty weak and not much of a fight, are they ? From the ending of Predator it looks like JH enjoys some good old hand to hand fight. Also, Aliens come with their own set of advantages - acid blood, being able to see through cloaking etc, And they're not dumb either ( "They cut the power'' scene from the second one)

Btw, speaking of Predators - if Berserkers can basically hunt smaller Predators why would they be still interested in hunting Humans ?

Intelligence and technology are what makes mankind a challenge.

Local Trouble

And our evolutionary superpowers.

Immortan Jonesy

How about robots? Would there be honor in hunting a deadly AI?  ??? despite not being biologically alive I mean 🤔

Kradan

Well, as long as it has skull and can run around - why not ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed