[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,066 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I agree. I'd go for Ian Whyte since he showed he can nail the body language thing with Wolf.

BlueMarsalis79

No more head turns, I have all the praise in the world for Ian Whyte's performance as The Last Engineer, but his Predator performances don't outclass Brian A Prince's Fugitive.

Wysps

Kind of late to the party, but the choice of setting is kind of confusing me  ???

Did they mention anything about rating - are we to assume this is going to be R or is there a chance they'd change this to PG-13?  Cause idk, the synopsis (brother/sister, possibly young adult actors) is giving me slight PG-13 vibes (I understand that this could just be paranoia speaking.)

That aside, dang they're really moving with this one. 

BigDaddyJohn

No rating confrmed for now, but it's a widespread fear among fans from what I can see. A legitimate question also.

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 22, 2021, 06:04:20 PM
No rating confrmed for now, but it's a widespread fear among fans from what I can see. A legitimate question also.

Not going to lie, it does make me a bit nervous too.  I don't think that it's a given with younger actors, but with some of the other elements and Marvel peeking into the picture for the printed media...  I hope they comment on this sooner rather than later so I can check my expectations  :-X

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 22, 2021, 02:44:14 PM
No more head turns, I have all the praise in the world for Ian Whyte's performance as The Last Engineer, but his Predator performances don't outclass Brian A Prince's Fugitive.

Wait, have you just said something good about The Predaotr ?

Spoiler
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 22, 2021, 07:10:42 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 22, 2021, 02:44:14 PM

Wait, have you just said something good about The Predaotr ?

Spoiler
[close]

She loves The Predaotr!

BigDaddyJohn

That's how they called the emissaries cut right ? It has been released finally ?  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 22, 2021, 08:53:22 PM
That's how they called the emissaries cut right ? It has been released finally ?  :laugh:

No... not released. But Kradan has put himself a team together, and booked a flight to 20th Century Studios, so...

SuperiorIronman

I wouldn't mind it if Ian came back but I'd be more than willing to see Bryan Prince again. He definitely brings the character to life in a way past actors haven't, he really does a great job on Fugitive. He's probably the closest to KPH at least for me.

As far as ratings go I suspect that Disney+ will get it but with the franchise being on Hulu they wont be dead set on PG-13. PG-13 has happened before, it's just down to the film itself. If it doesn't need an R-rating if it just doesn't need it. I don't need it to pull out all the stops just to get an R, it just needs to be a good film first.

SiL

Disney+ also has Star coming soon where they're dumping all the R rated Fox material.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 22, 2021, 10:51:12 PM
Disney+ also has Star coming soon where they're dumping all the R rated Fox material.

That will be just abroad. We're getting ours on Hulu in the States I believe.

SiL

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 22, 2021, 10:47:50 PM
I wouldn't mind it if Ian came back but I'd be more than willing to see Bryan Prince again. He definitely brings the character to life in a way past actors haven't, he really does a great job on Fugitive. He's probably the closest to KPH at least for me.
I just keep thinking about the thumbs up scene and I get sad.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 22, 2021, 10:47:50 PM
As far as ratings go I suspect that Disney+ will get it but with the franchise being on Hulu they wont be dead set on PG-13. PG-13 has happened before, it's just down to the film itself. If it doesn't need an R-rating if it just doesn't need it. I don't need it to pull out all the stops just to get an R, it just needs to be a good film first.

I don't even see them pulling back to PG-13, Deadpool already ensured that an R rating can work and The Predator proved that people shied away from the film for its quality and not the rating.

Voodoo Magic

In regards to its rating, while I'd love it to have an R rating, the quality of script, cast and direction takes precedent in my line of concerns. In the wise words of Yoda: Make a great film, gore does not. And I would assume the majority that prefer AvP over AvPR would probably tend to agree.

The Skulls general premise sounds like a good start to me though and a back to basics approach, but of course, we'll see how it all shakes out. 🤞

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed