In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Aug 29, 2019, 09:56:05 AM

Author
In your opinion do you think Alien 3 killed the franchise? (Read 33,831 times)

SM

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Oct 31, 2019, 09:37:17 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 31, 2019, 08:36:36 PM
Resurrection is...tolerable. Like a trip to the bathroom, if you dare to look at the end product for what it is, you see it's just a poo circling the drain in a shameful display of indifference. An unrecognizable hodgepodge of everything that was once grand and good, now coated in dirtiness.

One can either accept its existence as part of life, or continue to mourn for what could've been.

I've said it before, Rez is to Alien as Hot Shots is to Top Gun

Do you wish you hadn't said it?

[cancerblack]

razeak

Resurrection is...tolerable. Like a trip to the bathroom, if you dare to look at the end product for what it is, you see it's just a poo circling the drain in a shameful display of indifference. An unrecognizable hodgepodge of everything that was once grand and good, now coated in dirtiness.

One can either accept its existence as part of life, or continue to mourn for what could've been.

This. Hence the condition "bad Alien film ".

The "do i have to draw you a schematic" line is utter gold though. Even if it fell from Tywin Lannister's ass.

Used it many, many times lol.

The Old One

The Old One

I love it, yeah used it a lot.

Katanu

I don't love it, but it didn't kill the franchise I think. I actually really like that it expanded a little of the Alien lore with the "it can get traces from the host" concept.

The Old One

The Old One

It's the third best film in the franchise, the second and first being obvious. Alien is the best one. And Covenant just below the top three.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2019, 10:58:03 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Oct 31, 2019, 09:37:17 PM

I've said it before, Rez is to Alien as Hot Shots is to Top Gun

Do you wish you hadn't said it?
[/quote

I stand by what I said

FenGiddel

Wasn't it actually video killed... oh, Buggles! Wrong argument...

PsyKore

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 31, 2019, 09:43:41 PM
Mike Wincott is still the man though.

They should've kept him longer in the film, to the end even. Kill someone else off instead.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps, but I'd also say John Hurt's the best actor in the original Alien.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 05, 2019, 09:25:41 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 31, 2019, 09:43:41 PM
Mike Wincott is still the man though.

They should've kept him longer in the film, to the end even. Kill someone else off instead.

I found him a bit cringey in Resurrection myself.

Local Trouble

As did I.  Even Dan Hedaya is tolerable in other movies, but AR brought the ham out of everyone.

Voodoo Magic

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 05, 2019, 03:52:10 PM

How does this ham differ from the ham in say, Predator 2?

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 05, 2019, 06:41:48 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 05, 2019, 03:52:10 PM

How does this ham differ from the ham in say, Predator 2?

The ham in P2 is rolled in cocaine, sprinkled with generous amount of OWLF spice and glazed in a thick Cajun magic sauce. Each ham is blessed by a former Voodoo priest of the LA posses, and baked to a luscious golden brown on enchanted stone, emitting a pleasant aroma of sweet @$$.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed