The Life of Bolaji Badejo

Started by Valaquen, Aug 22, 2014, 11:09:51 PM

Author
The Life of Bolaji Badejo (Read 14,390 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 25, 2014, 12:40:08 PM
I've always wondered what happened to him. Always assumed he just wasn't interested in the limelight.

That certainly seems to have been part of it. The guy had a life to live, with his own personal dreams and ambitions.

I'm seeing a lot of people who knew him saying the same thing, commenting on his personality. It's nice.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Aug 25, 2014, 11:00:35 AM
Good work. Glad to know that he died a natural death

Now I want to find whoever started that stupid rumor about him committing suicide.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 25, 2014, 05:27:19 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Aug 25, 2014, 11:00:35 AM
Good work. Glad to know that he died a natural death

Now I want to find whoever started that stupid rumor about him committing suicide.

Well, I think some of the crew heard the rumour and talked about it on Alien Experience. Jon Sorensen recalled the death being reported in Screen International. Some French website ran with an article about how Bolaji was constrained to hotel rooms and segregated from everyone, which depressed him, leading to suicide.

But the truth is out there now. Boyega seemed quite annoyed that the suicide rumour was taking root, so it's cool to correct it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Badejo pinning Kotto to the ground may be my favourite production story from Alien. :laugh:

Truly stellar work here, Valaquen. :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I always thought Manute Bol would make a worthy successor to Bolaji Badejo.  Alas, he died in 2010:

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

He certainly looks the part.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He was even taller at 7'7".

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Wrong decade for this guy but i reckon if Ridley saw this,he might have gotten the part instead.

turtlewarrior13

turtlewarrior13

I like the way he played the alien and if he hadn't have disappeared he would probably get more parts

Valaquen

Valaquen

Boyega, who relocated to Nigeria from Oslo this week, sent me a message saying: "Hi Johnny, hope you are great, I went through the 16 responses: awesome and emotional." So don't forget, if you want to leave a message on the article, do so. The family will see it. Boyega will also take a photo of Bolaji's grave at some point.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

it's sad to know that the man who brought life to the beast of nightmares and terror has left us. and nobody knew of it for so long it's rather depressing. however by bringing life to the Original Alien, he has been forever immortalized, and when future fans of the franchise read the credits of his name as the alien he'll continue to be remembered.

but there were many more people from the original film that have yet to be found after their 35 year absence. where are they now? Have they lived a small humble life? did they succeed in other ventures, or have they fallen? these people created a masterpiece and they must be remembered more then just their name in the credits.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Added a new photograph of Boyega and Bolaji as children to the article:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed