Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 116,973 times)

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 01:00:01 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 13, 2015, 12:56:47 AM
But we dont need a reboot we just need a standalone spin off that can become its own thing

I am also strongly for this!

Sadly, we already have that and it's called Prometheus.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2015, 01:58:16 AM
Sadly, we already have that and it's called Prometheus.



The Ninja Turtle of shameful defeat.. Again.

But no, what I mean is something which... is in loose continuity or rather an alternative. Prometheus is more or less an Alien Prequel, an indirect one but the connections are strongly there and the fact that Scott said it's in the same universe. I don't like it as much as you do, PredXeno but facts are facts.

Something which is removed from the main series and set's up it's own.. But if Weaver is gonna be a part of it, and this is the assumption this movie will be made.. and if it's a retcon or not.. We'll see.

Kelgaard

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 12, 2015, 07:49:12 PM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 12, 2015, 06:58:36 PM
Why is a Ripley clone acceptable but a Hicks clone isn't?

Because the Ripley clone worked for story purposes as a means for the company to get their hands on the Alien. WHo would bother cloning Hicks and why?

Well Hicks did have contact with alien blood, and some have theorized he had a chest burster in him at one point.  Considering that Joss Whedon originally planned to clone Newt, I think Hicks is just as plausible.

But I'm not really pushing for this angle.  I'd rather see him in a straight up Aliens sequel.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 13, 2015, 02:23:11 AM
Well Hicks did have contact with alien blood, and some have theorized he had a chest burster in him at one point. 

Who and where was this theorized by?

Local Trouble

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 02:26:23 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 13, 2015, 02:23:11 AM
Well Hicks did have contact with alien blood, and some have theorized he had a chest burster in him at one point. 
Who and where was this theorized by?
By myself and SM, here.

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 02:06:13 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2015, 01:58:16 AM
Sadly, we already have that and it's called Prometheus.



The Ninja Turtle of shameful defeat.. Again.

But no, what I mean is something which... is in loose continuity or rather an alternative. Prometheus is more or less an Alien Prequel, an indirect one but the connections are strongly there and the fact that Scott said it's in the same universe. I don't like it as much as you do, PredXeno but facts are facts.

Something which is removed from the main series and set's up it's own.. But if Weaver is gonna be a part of it, and this is the assumption this movie will be made.. and if it's a retcon or not.. We'll see.

I think I get what you mean, you're referring to Alien stories that take place in the universe but look at the world at a different angle, right?  I consider all EU canon so I already have many of these stories to look through. :D

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 13, 2015, 03:41:02 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 02:26:23 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 13, 2015, 02:23:11 AM
Well Hicks did have contact with alien blood, and some have theorized he had a chest burster in him at one point. 
Who and where was this theorized by?
By myself and SM, here.
Me too.  :)


CainsSon

CainsSon

#502
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 13, 2015, 01:11:58 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 11:07:51 PM
you must not have played stasis inturupted

I haven't played it but i know all about it.  The way they shoe horned Hicks into that game was contrived and senseless.  It didn't further the plot or serve the story, it was just done for the sake of it.  Just so people could go "ohhh hicks is back, yeah!".  If they could come up with a novel way to reintroduce him to the series that's actually integral to the plot and not a blatant attempt to appeal to butt hurt fanboys I'd be all for it.

Blomkamp loves the metaphor of using an 'IMMIGRANT' as an 'ALIEN' and stressing that feeling of alienation... This makes me think he will certainly go with the Ripley 8 clone. A:R largely ended on that note when Ripley 8 states 'I'm a stranger here myself' she is stating that she has literally become an Alien to her own humanity and from her home 'Earth.'

I am thinking Blomkamp loves that idea.

Considering this^^^  and then taking into account that some time would have passed b/w A:R and Blomkamp's ALIEN: XENO, I can only assume that we will find Ripley as an alienated loner, at complete odds with the human race and possibly in existential crisis.

That said, if I had to guess, I'd  maybe go with Ripley 8 having something to do with Hick's cloning, in an attempt to find some kinship/test her attachment to another human?.. And of course, go all kamikaze and blow up Weyland Yutani headquarters together.

Tough little S.O.B.

Tough little S.O.B.

#503
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 12, 2015, 08:20:23 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 12, 2015, 04:53:34 AM
The ADI effects guys need to stay away from any Alien sequels, unless Blomkamp really pushes them stylistically. The creature needs to go back into the shadows again. No more rounded teeth and excessive drooling.

They're starting to put their presence out there for this:



Tom Woodruff in Hicks' make-up. At the end of the day, their designs were the result of the directors wants/needs. They've made good Aliens - the Runner. In AR, it was within the context of the film that the designs be mutated. It's just descended into the AvPs using the old suits for cost saving.

Isn't Blomkamp pretty involved with WETA now-a-days? Considering how good his movies look, I wouldn't put it past them to have a gorgeous CGI Alien. I'd love to see the kind of slinking out of vents from Alien Isolation.

Who in his sane mind wants a CGI Alien?


Quote from: marrerom on Feb 12, 2015, 07:36:12 PM
I hope that they incorporate some of the concepts from Prometheus into Alien 5.  A large part of the film revolved around the Engineers using the black goo to transfer Alien genes into other organisms (ie. Worms, fifield, Holloway.) as a bioweapon.  Well what would happen if the Engineers discovered Ripley?  She has alien genes in her due to the cloning process, so what would the implications of that be? Would she be immune to the black goo?  I find the possibilities compelling.

shut up! someone can read it and have ideas!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2015, 03:42:29 AM
I think I get what you mean, you're referring to Alien stories that take place in the universe but look at the world at a different angle, right?

What do you mean by looking at it from a different angle?

CainsSon

I know this is getting way ahead of the game but -

I just had a thought:

I don't think you can do a Blomkamp film of ALIEN 5 correctly, without a near 2.5 hour runtime, like ALIENS.

Vrastal

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 04:45:00 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2015, 03:42:29 AM
I think I get what you mean, you're referring to Alien stories that take place in the universe but look at the world at a different angle, right?

What do you mean by looking at it from a different angle?

Idk what hes talkign about but what were talking about (at least myself) is a story of Aliens, that has nothing to do with ripley. they way Avp, Avp2, avp2010, and numerous comics that at most mention ripley in passing maybe or lv426.


A completely new ALIENS MOVIE without ripley, that isnt prometheous because thats its own thing now.

Aliens. no ripley, new story. new charterers.

JayHy17

I want this movie to happen. I don't care if it messes with the shit ass Alien 3 and AR. Blomkamps vision is what the Alien universe should be. Giger style.  Let's be happy this is even being discussed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#508
Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Feb 13, 2015, 04:34:26 AM
Who in his sane mind wants a CGI Alien?

Someone who wants to see the grace of the Alien slinking out the vents in Isolation on film.


Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 13, 2015, 06:53:34 AM
Idk what hes talkign about but what were talking about (at least myself) is a story of Aliens, that has nothing to do with ripley. they way Avp, Avp2, avp2010, and numerous comics that at most mention ripley in passing maybe or lv426.


A completely new ALIENS MOVIE without ripley, that isnt prometheous because thats its own thing now.

Aliens. no ripley, new story. new charterers.

Prometheus is not a standalone, it's a spin-off. Completely different thing (directed at PredXeno here). I completely agree with you in terms of the standalone.

SiL

You can get the grace of the Alien slinking out of the vents with a guy in a suit on a wire -- So long as you get the right guy, a good suit, and a good team performing the stunt.

And Blomkamp favours practical over digital where possible.


Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed