Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,740 times)

Kel G 426

I think that recasting the roles with younger actors for the opening act, perhaps even recreating some scenes from Aliens, and then flashing forward 30 years later with the original actors would be a good way to handle it.

Vrastal

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2015, 04:26:08 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 04:00:22 AM
Ive never heard those names in my life
So?  Michael Biehn wasn't always a household name until he starred in Megiddo: The Omega Code 2.  Maybe he can capitalize on his return to the Alien series by scoring a role in the next Human Centipede blockbuster.

The somewhat rude attitude aside, im stating ive never heard those names and was hoping you would tell me what movis there from, if theyre good. a break down of them. should have asked.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 04:36:34 AM
The somewhat rude attitude aside, im stating ive never heard those names and was hoping you would tell me what movis there from, if theyre good. a break down of them. should have asked.

Anton Yelchin played Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation, and Jai Courtney is playing Kyle Reese in Terminator Genisys.

ThisBethesdaSea

The ADI effects guys need to stay away from any Alien sequels, unless Blomkamp really pushes them stylistically. The creature needs to go back into the shadows again. No more rounded teeth and excessive drooling.

Local Trouble

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 12, 2015, 04:53:34 AM
The ADI effects guys need to stay away from any Alien sequels, unless Blomkamp really pushes them stylistically.

They need to stay away period.  Tom Woodruff is awful in the costume.

Nightgaunt

General Perez: "It has memories. Why does it have memories?" Some events of Alien 3 not so much Ellen Ripley's nightmare as Ripley 8's dark memory?     

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 04:36:34 AM

How about James Remar?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The should just do it the Marvel way and get any no name actors for the movie. Trying to put people in that are clearly past their best by date is a foolish complication. Which is what T:Genysis is doing... trying to hack in an obsolete Arnold and totally shitting on the timeline at the same time.

Just make a stand alone alien movie. Stand alone people, leave the 4 movies out of it.

Yea Prometheus doesn't count.

Vrastal

stand alone is exactly what we need.

and no that name does not ring a bell either Local Trouble

Nice Try

Nice Try

The guy has been doing suit acting for over 2 decades, and here you are telling him to piss off? Like you can do better.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 12, 2015, 04:53:34 AM
The ADI effects guys need to stay away from any Alien sequels, unless Blomkamp really pushes them stylistically. The creature needs to go back into the shadows again. No more rounded teeth and excessive drooling.

They're starting to put their presence out there for this:

Tom Woodruff in Hicks' make-up. At the end of the day, their designs were the result of the directors wants/needs. They've made good Aliens - the Runner. In AR, it was within the context of the film that the designs be mutated. It's just descended into the AvPs using the old suits for cost saving.

Isn't Blomkamp pretty involved with WETA now-a-days? Considering how good his movies look, I wouldn't put it past them to have a gorgeous CGI Alien. I'd love to see the kind of slinking out of vents from Alien Isolation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightgaunt on Feb 12, 2015, 05:01:34 AMGeneral Perez: "It has memories. Why does it have memories?" Some events of Alien 3 not so much Ellen Ripley's nightmare as Ripley 8's dark memory?

Then how do you explain the fact they created Ripley 8 using Ripley's DNA taken from Fury 161, as explained by Gediman?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2015, 05:07:57 AMHow about James Remar?

Hah! Touché...

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 07:54:34 AMand no that name does not ring a bell either Local Trouble

He was originally cast as Hicks in Aliens, but got replaced by Biehn.

Corporal Hicks

That said...I would dig seeing him cast in the new movie... :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 12, 2015, 08:20:23 AM
Isn't Blomkamp pretty involved with WETA now-a-days? Considering how good his movies look, I wouldn't put it past them to have a gorgeous CGI Alien. I'd love to see the kind of slinking out of vents from Alien Isolation.

If Neill goes ahead with this movie (on his terms) he will most likely use WETA Workshop for practical effects and Image Engine as the primary VFX vendor (as was the case with District 9, Elysium and Chappie).

Corporal Hicks

I'd get behind that. His films are immensely gorgeous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed