Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 148,553 times)

Local Trouble

People still watch Superman III and IV, guys.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Feb 10, 2015, 11:30:04 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 10, 2015, 11:20:49 PM
For some reason, Alien 3 has fans.

Then they can keep watching Alien 3.

I am a big fan of Alien 3, but as long as they do a good alien movie, they can send Alien3 to hell. And Aliens and Alien for that matter. But no "it was a dream" please!

Local Trouble

So you'd rather they pull a Superman Returns and simply ignore A3 and AR versus explaining them away as a hypersleep nightmare?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well it all depends...if they want a reboot of Alien 3 then an explanation would be necessary...on the other hand if the project evolves into an Alien 5, then no explanation is necessary since the plot would focus on Ripley Clone 8 and Hicks can return as an android.

Local Trouble

I hear tell SM is working as an executive consultant on this movie.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

BTW! and although I am aware of the fact that many of the concept art designs never end up on the screen (for a movie that anyway still has no green light), I am very curious about the apparent presence of the Space Jockey in the project, so...I wonder if it is possible that Neil Blomkamp wants to show us his own idea of this enigmatic race? (ie, ignoring Prometheus)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2015, 01:40:48 AM

That explains his disappearance?  :P

Tough little S.O.B.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Feb 12, 2015, 01:05:45 AM
Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Feb 10, 2015, 11:30:04 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 10, 2015, 11:20:49 PM
For some reason, Alien 3 has fans.

Then they can keep watching Alien 3.

I am a big fan of Alien 3, but as long as they do a good alien movie, they can send Alien3 to hell. And Aliens and Alien for that matter. But no "it was a dream" please!

maybe.

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 12, 2015, 01:52:49 AM
BTW! and although I am aware of the fact that many of the concept art designs never end up on the screen (for a movie that anyway still has no green light), I am very curious about the apparent presence of the Space Jockey in the project, so...I wonder if it is possible that Neil Blomkamp wants to show us his own idea of this enigmatic race? (ie, ignoring Prometheus)

I still thing that follow the path of the space jockey and the derelict is the best way, but prometheus ruined it...forever?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 12, 2015, 01:52:49 AM

locusta has been pretty scarce too.  Hmm...

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Russ on Feb 11, 2015, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Feb 11, 2015, 11:39:55 AM
Is his story supposed to retcon Alien 3 altogether?

I can't imagine it working any other way as I say above. Not without it being totally ridiculous (more so than Ripley's Nightmare, which at least makes sense in terms of what has been set up).

Whether they'd go down the Hicks Pariah/Newt Nuts road or if it's all happy families on the farm when "something" happens, we don't know of course.

It is hard to see how you'd bring those two (three) back any other way with out retcon. Though, I think the retcon will be reconned as I reckon it'll be the "Superman Returns" in a narrative sense (let's not turn this into a "quality of Superman Returns" debate) of the movies. Essentially 3 and 4 didn't happen, they were shit, this is AL III EN (and they should use that and pay whoever on here came up with it too!).

They could just come out and say "they didn't happen" - as they did with 'Returns, although that sort of thing is easier to take in a superhero verse than in an Alienverse and I imagine doing it without some sort of explanation would leave the layperson scratching their heads.

Maybe he made concept art with Hicks on it just for the sake of it, but he is not thinking about really having him in the movie. he Hasn't said anything about Hicks.

marrerom

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Feb 12, 2015, 03:01:03 AM
Maybe he made concept art with Hicks on it just for the sake of it, but he is not thinking about really having him in the movie. he Hasn't said anything about Hicks.

this is what i'm thinking. 

Vrastal

I would be surprised if he even came back for it.

I could see them going after :R or A3 without retconning while having sigourney
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 12, 2015, 01:27:32 AM
Well it all depends...if they want a reboot of Alien 3 then an explanation would be necessary...on the other hand if the project evolves into an Alien 5, then no explanation is necessary since the plot would focus on Ripley Clone 8 and Hicks can return as an android.

A:R could have beihn as an android A:3.5? could have ripley be an android.

But both would be pretty awful ideas.  I still hope for completely new

Local Trouble

They could always cast Jai Courtney or Anton Yelchin as Hicks.

Vrastal

Ive never heard those names in my life

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2015, 03:57:56 AM
They could always cast Jai Courtney or Anton Yelchin as Hicks.

I see what you did there! Other actors playing as Biehn's roles!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 04:00:22 AM
Ive never heard those names in my life
So?  Michael Biehn wasn't always a household name until he starred in Megiddo: The Omega Code 2.  Maybe he can capitalize on his return to the Alien series by scoring a role in the next Human Centipede blockbuster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed