Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 150,013 times)

RakaiThwei

Not sure how to feel about this..   :-\

Vrastal

He hasnt spoken with fox but fox wants to make it.. anyone else confused?

Im very weary as to what direction they would take.. sigourney said she wants to do ripley 8s story but we say art for alternate a3 which i dont want to see removed..im scared

RakaiThwei

I don't want to see Alien 3 removed either.

Local Trouble

If they're going to turn Alien 3 into a dream, a reboot should start with the ending from that movie.  Then the camera slowly zooms out to reveal that she's still in hypersleep and someone is observing her dream like David did with Shaw in Prometheus.  At least then it would be acknowledged in some way.

razeak

There is more to this story not listed above. Neil says it's a standalone story and he himself is the roadblock. So Alien 3 would probably be safe.

That was my interpretation of the news from IGN.

Visceral_Mass

If it gives us a quality film in the franchise, who cares if they acknowledge Alien 3 in it or not.

Local Trouble

For some reason, Alien 3 has fans.

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 10, 2015, 11:20:49 PM
For some reason, Alien 3 has fans.

Then they can keep watching Alien 3.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be very curious if this were to happen.

I don't much care for the idea of resurrecting dead characters like this, but I'm too big a fan of Blomkamp and some of that artwork to not be curious about what this project could yield.

Mr. Clemens

If they write out Alien3, I'll wait for it to show up on Netflix.

acrediblesource

two terrible ideas.
1. Using only a limited amount of concept art to an entire movie with NO SCRIPT
2. Ripley in that Alien head gear is is RIDICUDUMB. (Ridiculous and dumb together). AND it's like the borg. forget it already.
3. Queen in some kind of jungle scene. huh?

The only thing I can imagine FOX being remotely excited about is the that melted or infested Jauggernaut. Which IMHO is pretty cool. But i mean that's the ONLY thing. FOX wouldn't be wrong for salvaging some concept art for the next Prometheus but I doubt the whole series of art and it's supposed story could be used.
fans unite.

RakaiThwei

While nothing is concrete, if Fox decides to go through with this afterwards they finish the Prometheus movies-- I'll have to ask why wait for over twenty years just to retcon something that was ill-received but later on "forgiven" by fans so many years later on? Why didn't they do it back in the mid to late 90's when Resurrection was in the works?

As for them writing out Alien 3... Well, I am not too keen on that. I mean explaining that it was a dream is understandable but for me that is a very hard pill to swallow. Why can't alternate universes be used to explain where and how this movie takes place? Why all this retconned crap?

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 11, 2015, 12:07:13 AMWhy can't alternate universes be used to explain where and how this movie takes place? Why all this retconned crap?

Alternate universes are for superhero silliness. Fox made their bed, and they should lie in it. Just hire a good writer to have a good idea.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 11, 2015, 12:29:23 AM
Alternate universes are for superhero silliness.

Tell that to the Halloween franchise which has two alternate timelines and the reboot universe. Also tell that to the Godzilla franchise too which has multiple alternate universes. Shit, tell that to Robocop series too which has a movie universe, animated universe, television universe and the reboot universe.

Superhero silliness my damn foot.

Doggo33

Doggo33

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It will be rubbish.

Just don't. Please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed