The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 70,254 times)

The Old One

The Old One

TFA was too safe, but competent and featured charismatic characters and the sequel was expected to expand upon them, the timeframe, world, flesh out the nuances and the conflict. TLJ failed to do that, or anything unique that had not been done in a superior manner elsewhere.

TFA is actively made worse by how TLJ handled the new era and it's characters.

The "it's different so it's good" argument doesn't wash with me, I've seen more than several divisive films that were good or outright masterpieces.
TLJ doesn't even make it to mediocre.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 15, 2018, 02:01:28 PM
I guarantee more people hated TLJ than TFA.

Absolutely. No-brainer.

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 10:32:09 AM
i feel a bit bad for Decker Shado he raged so hard.

Yeah, you can tell he's truly passionate about movies.

veganmike

veganmike

"Plenty of people love the original Predator, but you'd be hard pressed to find truly devoted fans of the Predator franchise. The series, such that it is, survives almost entirely on the strength and popularity of the original film.The Predator does nothing to alter this dynamic."

http://reason.com/blog/2018/09/13/predator-shane-black-mctiernan-movie

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Angry Joe's reviews. Non-spoiler and then spoiler video.

oduodu

oduodu

"quad-mandibles that make up its mouth were suggested by James Cameron,"

OK that's interesting . So Cameron had a hand in the predator design.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: oduodu on Sep 15, 2018, 06:49:17 PM
"quad-mandibles that make up its mouth were suggested by James Cameron,"

OK that's interesting . So Cameron had a hand in the predator design.
Cameron said mandibles, not how many and how.

And if this is new to you in 2018, you're fresh of the boat to this fandom.

Lalo

Lalo

Olivia munn was a pointless character probably the worst written one to boot. She went from being a science teacher to a real biologist scientist to a gung ho athletic mercenary and apparently teleports lmao. This movie is a weird mess it's bad from a technical and structure built movie. The plots get tangled worse than a game of twister and replaced with different pieces of this film. The fugitive has a huge ass Dopey looking head and looks dumb with its mouth open 24/7. You can tell it had a different role but patched it out to be bringing a gift but kills anyone on sight. It's a 50/50 split tbh. You can like it if you throw logic and common sense out the window. But as a predator film it's a joke literally it's so bad It's funny like the room lol. They shot themselves on the foot pushing the upgrade predator to be the baddest and the strongest only to die cause a mentally ill boy who can read a alien language right and help kill it and olivia going commando on it lmao. Seriously??? You tell people are in denial that it's a bad movie cause it is. but the shit so stupid it's funny I imagine this can pass as a waynes brother movie. And don't get me started on the dogs and the retcon on the cloaking that was straight trash. Honestly fox should of let this movie come out as it was originally and shane black should never bother with predator again cause this movie was worse than your pussy jokes. Lol it's a mindless butchered action comedy with predators in it lol. Oh and The iron pred suit with 8 lasers was whack too.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

As soon as I saw that many targeting lasers and other shit I was like Han Solo in TFA... "That's not how it works"

Nathsp

Nathsp

I think that after the reception of the dna idea, shane  black tought, what a mess i done... Then they reshooted all, and its like trying to repare something you painted and ended worse,  and he went to the "its a clan doing that", its a clan who is angry with earth and all those lies that are not in the movie..

The Old One

The Old One

What a mess I done. Whack.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Speaking of whack, I think somebody was doing some smack while writing this film.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Lalo on Sep 15, 2018, 11:54:01 PM
Olivia munn was a pointless character probably the worst written one to boot. She went from being a science teacher to a real biologist scientist to a gung ho athletic mercenary and apparently teleports lmao. This movie is a weird mess it's bad from a technical and structure built movie. The plots get tangled worse than a game of twister and replaced with different pieces of this film. The fugitive has a huge ass Dopey looking head and looks dumb with its mouth open 24/7. You can tell it had a different role but patched it out to be bringing a gift but kills anyone on sight. It's a 50/50 split tbh. You can like it if you throw logic and common sense out the window. But as a predator film it's a joke literally it's so bad It's funny like the room lol. They shot themselves on the foot pushing the upgrade predator to be the baddest and the strongest only to die cause a mentally ill boy who can read a alien language right and help kill it and olivia going commando on it lmao. Seriously??? You tell people are in denial that it's a bad movie cause it is. but the shit so stupid it's funny I imagine this can pass as a waynes brother movie. And don't get me started on the dogs and the retcon on the cloaking that was straight trash. Honestly fox should of let this movie come out as it was originally and shane black should never bother with predator again cause this movie was worse than your pussy jokes. Lol it's a mindless butchered action comedy with predators in it lol. Oh and The iron pred suit with 8 lasers was whack too.

This

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

i woulden't say munns character was pointless i would give that title to keys son instead he had nothing to do at all.

The Old One

The Old One

The most pointless inclusion in the film are the hounds.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 01:17:01 PM
The most pointless inclusion in the film are the hounds.

i have to agree with you the dog that got shot in the face was extremly pointless

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed